Gun sight Question

Thread: Gun sight Question

Hybrid View

Gun sight Question

Hi All,

I was trying to create/copy a gun sight for use in “Jeanne” (Morton’s rework of David C. Copley’s wonderful P-38). I really liked the gun sight from Stockplane’s Boomerang panel, especially how you can use the “F3” button to turn it on or off.

I can copy the file to DCC’s P-38 just fine. The problem is that the sight needs to be moved (to align with the path of the bullets) and made a little smaller. When I do this, the sight turns into a black box on the screen. I assume this is because of alpha channel?

Anyone know of a solution? Any help would be appreciated.

msfossey

Try this out. Install the gauge file into your main GAUGE folder. Use the button to the right of the gunsight to turn the reticle on and off.
    Attached Files Attached Files

"If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it right"

Thanks Bearcat; this works great in the 2D cockpit. Is there anything I can try for use in the 3D cockpit?

msfossey

Sorry man, but the designer didn't give us a 3D reticle that calls up a pipper texture like you've seen in some others, like the stockers. What you have is all there is without a redesign.

"If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it right"

Thanks Bearcat, I thought that may be the case. I appreciate you taking the time sir.

msfossey

Members who have read this thread: 0