FSX Virtual Cockpit Transfer

Thread: FSX Virtual Cockpit Transfer

FSX Virtual Cockpit Transfer

So I'm trying to transfer the VC of one plane into another. Both planes are FSX native, I copied over the interior.mdl, and made the necessary adjustment to the model.cfg. I copied over the panel folder, and it still not working. The interior model just shows up as black in the edited plane. What step am I missing?

On a similar note, is it or is it not possible to add a VC to a FS9 plane? (specifically the Sukhoi 80)

I expect you're missing the VC textures, or the necessary texture.cfg

FSX models usually have a separate VC model, but for FS9 the cockpit is part of the compiled model so you can't swap cockpits without the source files.
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Quote Originally Posted by hairyspin View Post
    I expect you're missing the VC textures, or the necessary texture.cfg

FSX models usually have a separate VC model, but for FS9 the cockpit is part of the compiled model so you can't swap cockpits without the source files.
    So after the steps I took, what would be the next thing to do re: textures?

Quote Originally Posted by RyanJZ View Post
    So after the steps I took, what would be the next thing to do re: textures?
    Yes, you can copy over the textures and put them in a common texture folder for all liveries, if you have one.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Hi,

Yes, the VC textures will be in the plane's various texture folders for each livery or in a master texture folder. You will need to copy/paste the VC ones (they often have VC in the name) into your new plane's folders, or set up a master folder per FSX practice with a texture.cfg file, as stated above.

Members who have read this thread: 0