KCLT for P3D V3 or V4

Thread: KCLT for P3D V3 or V4

KCLT for P3D V3 or V4

There are to my knowledge 2 different scenerys for KCLT. One by fsdreamteam and the other by Imaginesim.

Has anyone had any experience with either one and which one would you suggest?

Russ
    Many may fly and some are rewarded
    handsomely, but the wings of gold of a
    United States Naval Aviator mean more
    than flying. It is dearly bought, requires
    sacrifice to keep and represents a way of life.

The KCLT by FSDT is much newer and FSDT airports tend to be much more detailed.
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

I have the FSDT version. It's actually the only addon airport I have for P3D. I don't know how familiar you are with the airport in real life but this version is very very accurate, like all of the markings switched from USAir to American, Which really came to fruition a year or so ago. It also accurately depicts the air museum and the static aircraft outside of it. Also I don't know if this is common among addon airports but when it's raining there' reflective puddles of water all over the place. All that is great but what really sealed the deal for me was the airport overlook that I've been to so many times is depicted in it as well. Worthwhile purchase.

The other thing to think about is that (I think) FSDT and Imaginesim both have trial versions, so you could test both sceneries without any purchase to see which one works better for you. There are always complaints about FSDT's COUATL program, which controls the functions of their airports and is kind of a DRM also, but I have never had any real issues. I actually don't have any Imaginesim airports, but I have a few FSDT airports now and they are all really excellent quality, and good on performance too, especially considering the size of the airports.
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

I got FSDT version of KCLT.

My first question is how do I populate the airport with static aircraft?

Russ

"YouControl™ menu, to turn on/off static airplanes."
    from the product page...

Yep. What Sue said

There will be a control panel available inside the sim. From the P3D menu bar choose Add ons and then select KCLT. Well that's how it works for Memphis anyway, I actually haven't tried it with KCLT yet.

Actually, to correct my post above, enable the P3D menu bar, choose Add-Ons, Choose Couatl Settings, Choose Show YouControl Menu. This will bring up the Charlotte menu when you are at Charlotte.

You can also just use the hotkeys: Ctrl+F12

Thanks for the information. What I saw of it looks like a trip I made early in the year form KTLH and KCLT and back.

I have an issue I am trying to solve now. With KCLT installed P3D V4 won't load.

I have done an uninstall and reinstall. It works for 2 times then it stops. Searched the FSDT forum superficially and nothing jumped out at me. Guess I need to look more.

Russ

Quote Originally Posted by rsgunner View Post
    Thanks for the information. What I saw of it looks like a trip I made early in the year form KTLH and KCLT and back.

I have an issue I am trying to solve now. With KCLT installed P3D V4 won't load.

I have done an uninstall and reinstall. It works for 2 times then it stops. Searched the FSDT forum superficially and nothing jumped out at me. Guess I need to look more.

Russ
    If you are getting a crash to desktop, then search your Windows Error Logs in "Event Viewer". Look under "Event Viewer/Windows Logs/Application" for any Error level events (indicated by a Red circle with an exclamation mark next to it) from around the time of the crash. This will show which module is responsible for the crash. You can then google the error code or responsible module for any solutions that have been posted online.

It seems to be more of a stop loading.

Prepare3d.exe shows up in the "Backgound Processes.

Russ

Members who have read this thread: 0