Hey, Carl - is this your new Annushka? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hey, Carl - is this your new Annushka?

Great news! I thought this project would never see the light of day. Would like to see it converted to XPL11 in the future....
    Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz Cpu, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB Videocard, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360 Water Cooler, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI Motherboard, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W Power Supply, G.SKILL 48Gb Ram @76000 MHz DDR5 Ram, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB Drive, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Hello.

There seems to be some confusion about the update.

When you load the aircraft, it "phones home" to check the integrity of its files.
    If you have removed any of its core files, it offers to "update" but this will only
    replace the files that have been removed.

If you have updated the .air file, leave the existing version 2.1 file in place, the aircraft
    will not read it as you will have edited the aircraft config entry to reflect the new file,
    ie sim=Antonov_AN2_v2.1 changed to sim=Antonov_AN2_v2.3

The check does not include edits to the aircraft.cfg file and there will be no update message
    because the original file structure is still in place.

If you have installed the aircraft to P3D by placing a copy of fsx.exe into the P3D root folder,
    the installer cannot recognise P3D, so of course the update will write back the files to the original structure.
    The answer to that is do not remove any files and the check will not result in an update.
    Naturally, another choice is to select No and the update will not go ahead.
    Regards,
    Nick

Quote Originally Posted by ncooper View Post
    Hello.

There seems to be some confusion about the update.

When you load the aircraft, it "phones home" to check the integrity of its files.
    If you have removed any of its core files, it offers to "update" but this will only
    replace the files that have been removed.

If you have updated the .air file, leave the existing version 2.1 file in place, the aircraft
    will not read it as you will have edited the aircraft config entry to reflect the new file,
    ie sim=Antonov_AN2_v2.1 changed to sim=Antonov_AN2_v2.3

The check does not include edits to the aircraft.cfg file and there will be no update message
    because the original file structure is still in place.

If you have installed the aircraft to P3D by placing a copy of fsx.exe into the P3D root folder,
    the installer cannot recognise P3D, so of course the update will write back the files to the original structure.
    The answer to that is do not remove any files and the check will not result in an update.
    Naturally, another choice is to select No and the update will not go ahead.

Just for grins, I installed AN2 to FSX so that I could see just what that updater does, sure enough, it checks what I've installed to FSX and reports nothing to update. Now this is using the version
    I purchased years ago and is the V2.1 - I removed it all as I mainly use P3D now. I put a copy of FSX.exe in the root dir of P3d and the updater still didn't work - I think in part or mostly because
    I "disturbed" the file structure it used during the initial installation. But that is moot as I have utilized the 2.3 FDE and I am Okay with the way it is with P3d.

Thanks anyway...

The intention was only to explain that the update that some people thought was actually an update is in fact not an update and the aircraft is not being updated.
    Regards,
    Nick

Quote Originally Posted by ncooper View Post
    The intention was only to explain that the update that some people thought was actually an update is in fact not an update and the aircraft is not being updated.
    Understood, and thanks.

The topic about Aerosoft's An-2 is again http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?...an-2-preview/& .
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    The topic about Aerosoft's An-2 is again http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?...an-2-preview/& .
    Ah! That's very good news. Thanks for the heads-up.
    "Ah, Paula, they are firing at me..."

-- Saint-Exupery

Yo-Yo-

Is your heart beating faster?? She might actually materialize before too long..... once she's out, and all my lovely Orbx is in.... I shall be very content (for a while anyway)

C

I can't wait to have this flying again in P3DV4 miss the old girl
    I hope the sound will be the same as the old Sibwings one

Please re- read Mathjis' resurrected announcement thread here... http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?...comment-836564

It's beginning to look a lot like рождество!

Best- C

PS- Bjoern- I promise I'm doing my very best to stay in my chair

The project now is in BETA stage.

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Thanks Yo Yo, that's great news.

Members who have read this thread: 0