A question about Lionheart Creations Bucker Bestmann

Thread: A question about Lionheart Creations Bucker Bestmann

A question about Lionheart Creations Bucker Bestmann

Will Lionheart Creation's Bucker Bestmann look and work ok in FSX? Along with that, there is (I believe) a Valkyrie scenery available..somewhere. Did it include both the Grunau and the Bestmann with the scenery, and will the scenery work ok in FSX?

Thanks, NC

http://www.lionheartcreations.com/Bu..._Dualpack.html

I was just reminiscing about my favorite movie, "The Great Escape" this morning, which is what made me look up the Bucker Bestmann....

The Bestmann was in my FSX install in the past and I can confirm Bill Lionheart's Buckers works in FSX, although with the usual minor problems. At Bill 's website it says it is not supported in DX10. As I don't fly the model in FSX anymore I can't confrim. The scenery you mention came with the FS9 adventure pack called "Bucker Adventures". You can find some shots here: http://www.lionheartcreations.com/Bu..._Homepage.html

However the package is not longer available at Bill's website.

I hope this was useful for you,

Cheers,
    Huub

Thanks Huub. Yes, you answered my question! NC

Didn't quite escape.
    The Op Valkyrie scenery, unfortunately, does not port very well into FSX. I did talk to Bill a while back about creating a "conversion kit" for it, but that never happened and I can't remember why any more.

Ian P.

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    The Bestmann was in my FSX install in the past and I can confirm Bill Lionheart's Buckers works in FSX, although with the usual minor problems. At Bill 's website it says it is not supported in DX10. As I don't fly the model in FSX anymore I can't confrim. The scenery you mention came with the FS9 adventure pack called "Bucker Adventures". You can find some shots here: http://www.lionheartcreations.com/Bu..._Homepage.html

However the package is not longer available at Bill's website.

I hope this was useful for you,

Cheers,
    Huub

I finally just got around to loading this aircraft and looking at it in FSX-SE. Regarding the "usual minor problems", I have the prop visualization issues. Wondering if anyone had addressed this at some point? Thanks, NC

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    I finally just got around to loading this aircraft and looking at it in FSX-SE. Regarding the "usual minor problems", I have the prop visualization issues. Wondering if anyone had addressed this at some point? Thanks, NC
    The usual fix is to darken the alpha channel of the spinning prop texture until it is almost black, making the prop almost invisible.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Members who have read this thread: 0