Virtavia Osprey in Win10/P3D_V4

Thread: Virtavia Osprey in Win10/P3D_V4

Virtavia Osprey in Win10/P3D_V4

Has anyone been successful in getting the V-22 Osprey to work "correctly" in V4? I can get it running, but Rob's VTOL gauge seems unresponsive. There is no vertical lift, no nacelle rotation on engine start, the Camera pop up causes a CTD and so on. I've PM'd Rob to see if he has anything in his arsenal that might salvage this bird, but I suspect it's just too old an airplane to survive, lol.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    Perhaps you have your reasons for holding on to the Virtavia Osprey, but in the FSX forum you can find a much nicer one made by Kalong and Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by Stickshaker View Post
    Perhaps you have your reasons for holding on to the Virtavia Osprey, but in the FSX forum you can find a much nicer one made by Kalong and Rob.
    You're right, I do have my reasons and I read some of the information on the freeware version when it was first released. Nice job by the developer but more than I require or care for. If I'm unable to get the Virtavia version working correctly then I'll concede that it's past it's prime.

Current System Specs:

Rob's VTOL gauge depends on 32bit modules which were created by Doug Dawson: dsd_fsx_xml2ipc.dll and dsd_fuel_dump.dll. Would be nice indeed if Doug can make a 64 bit version. I tried the Wilco Harrier in P3Dv4, the jet is restricted to conventional take off/landing and STOL, no VTOL or hovering. With nozzles at 55 degrees, landing speed is about 100 - 110 kts, not bad at all.

Thanks, I've been in touch with Rob "VTOL" Barendregt and he thinks he might have a solution. Crossing my fingers and toes til I hear from him again. If anyone has a way to fix this it'll be Rob.

Current System Specs:

Members who have read this thread: 0