AH Curtis Commando Released! - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 106

Thread: AH Curtis Commando Released!

  1. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by WarHorse47 View Post
    It's funny how we all have different observations with the same aircraft.

    My flights are typically low altitude and short. I just want to get up, fly and get a feel for the aircraft and its instruments. So far most of my flights are with the military version as I work through all the different textures.

    When I first load the flight, the exterior lights are on. After I land, I can shut off all the lights with the overhead switches but they don't seem consistent in what controls what. I agree with the issue on the VC night lighting. I'm tempted to add my own vclighting, but want to wait and see what JF does.

    My biggest issue is the inability to change the Com1 or Nav1 with the overhead panel. It hasn't been reported here, but there is some discussion on the JF form. I had to edit the [radios] section to get them to work.

    The other item noted was the artificial horizon. I can barely see it.

    Other than that I'm still enjoying it while I wait for JF to come out with a patch or update.
    I had to adjust my DX10 Fixer shading settings in order to see the military panel. Very dark, hard to see anything. The civil panel looks quite nice. Agree, no interior lighting and a few other minor problems. The sound set is great. First adopter's have long expected that SP's are the regular course and come a few weeks after launch. -d
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

  2. #52
    Senior Administrator Roger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    EGCD...they bulldozed it!
    Age
    65
    Posts
    9,219
    I invariably need to add extra vc lighting to many new models. for the C-46 I've added these lines (using Manfred's original C-47 vc lights):

    [LIGHTS]
    //Types: 1=beacon, 2=strobe, 3=navigation, 4=cockpit, 5=landing
    light.0=4, 17.995, -1.38, 4.85, fx_c47_vclight
    light.1=4, 17.995, 1.38, 4.85, fx_c47_vclight
    SYSTEM :
    OS:Win7 Home Premium 64 bit UAC OFF!
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

    To err is human; to forgive is divine

  3. #53
    Thanks for the PIREPs, guys. Think I'll hold off 'til after a service pack or two, then come on board.
    "Ah, Paula, they are firing at me..."

    -- Saint-Exupery

  4. #54
    Some screenshots from a few circuits around Willow Run, where "Tinker Belle" will be displayed at/flying at in the Thunder Over Michigan airshow coming up in three weeks (one C-46, and many C-47's). Granted, it probably wasn't such a great idea, as there was a pretty good thunderstorm rolling through near the area at the time (numerous planes leaving/arriving on IFR flight plans, but fortunately it wasn't IFR around the airport itself).







    I was forced to make a go-around at one point, with traffic still on the runway, but I liked this screenshot as a result.

  5. #55
    The lighting rheostats are inop on this model. The start procedure must be followed for cold/dark. Select center tanks, primer, starter, mesh (while starter is running. Once the start switch zeroes, you will not be able to start without resetting.)The cold/dark switch will zero EVERYTHING. So you must go through the steps. We'll be looking at any other issues for an SP. Instrument lighting is controlled from the switch on the OHP and in the military version, UV is also available as an option, using the switch on the left side console. I'm afraid I don't understand the comment re panels floating one foot away from the wall (?)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ModCock.jpg   MilUV.jpg   CivPanel.jpg  

  6. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    Some screenshots from a few circuits around Willow Run, where "Tinker Belle" will be displayed at/flying at in the Thunder Over Michigan airshow coming up in three weeks (one C-46, and many C-47's). Granted, it probably wasn't such a great idea, as there was a pretty good thunderstorm rolling through near the area at the time (numerous planes leaving/arriving on IFR flight plans, but fortunately it wasn't IFR around the airport itself).







    I was forced to make a go-around at one point, with traffic still on the runway, but I liked this screenshot as a result.
    I refueled and re-oiled Tinker Belle 25 years ago when she stopped in to our FBO. Quite a beast and beauty of an aircraft. I really love the sound of it's R2800's at TO Power. Incidentally the C-46 was the first aircraft my late father flew on when he first enlisted in the Air Force many moons ago. They retired the type not terribly long afterwards.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  7. #57
    I'm confused. Is this C-46 released/for sale? I ask because, when I went to AeroPlane Heaven's web page, there are pictures of it but no $$$ listed or download options.
    http://www.aeroplaneheaven.com/product_c46.php




    Edit: I see it's on sale at JF any plans to sell it from AH site?

  8. #58
    It is being sold by Just Flight only.

    Cheers Chris

  9. #59
    is anyone else having problems the AP?

    when trying climb with the AP, it climbs for a minute or two then nose dives and or exceeds the set amount VS and stalls out even when I set it to 100 VS its either doing plus or minus 600 i struggle to get about 4000 with the AP before it dives or stalls

    this is some what annoying as it doesnt stick to level flight as well even when doing 200kts, sorry but the AP FDE is horrible

    it follows the route no problems but up down, no go

    on the lighting topic where is the switch to turn off the semi visible nose light? and the panel lighting dials are they just for show? because as stated when in the vc is shadowed, you can see anything
    Matt
    FS Painter @ The Hangar
    Or click here to direct access to
    All my Repaints
    AUSTRALIA

  10. #60
    SOH-CM-2017 WarHorse47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Great Pacific Northwest
    Age
    70
    Posts
    2,864
    Overhead switches (or labels) for the instrument lights and beacon are reversed if anyone is taking notes.

    Also, I've discovered that the overhead frequency knobs for Nav1 and Com1 do function except they only change the standby frequencies. Doesn't help if you try and change primary frequencies for the older panel.
    -- WH

  11. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by WarHorse47 View Post
    Overhead switches (or labels) for the instrument lights and beacon are reversed if anyone is taking notes.

    Also, I've discovered that the overhead frequency knobs for Nav1 and Com1 do function except they only change the standby frequencies. Doesn't help if you try and change primary frequencies for the older panel.
    I noticed that as well, to turn the beacon on you need to use the instrument light switch, and vice versa
    Matt
    FS Painter @ The Hangar
    Or click here to direct access to
    All my Repaints
    AUSTRALIA

  12. #62
    Ive changed the AP to the settings from something similar in size and have fixed to uncontrollable pitching and its now flying level and steady

    [autopilot]
    autopilot_available = 1
    use_no_default_bank = 1
    use_no_default_pitch = 1
    flight_director_available = 1
    default_vertical_speed = 700
    autothrottle_available = 1
    autothrottle_arming_required = 1
    autothrottle_takeoff_ga = 1
    autothrottle_max_rpm = 90
    pitch_takeoff_ga = 8
    default_pitch_mode =0
    default_bank_mode =0
    max_pitch = 10
    max_pitch_acceleration = 1
    max_pitch_velocity_lo_alt = 2
    max_pitch_velocity_hi_alt = 1.5
    max_pitch_velocity_lo_alt_breakpoint = 20000
    max_pitch_velocity_hi_alt_breakpoint = 28000
    max_bank= 25
    max_bank_acceleration = 1.8
    max_bank_velocity = 3
    max_throttle_rate = 0.1
    nav_proportional_control = 9
    nav_integrator_control = 0.25
    nav_derivative_control = 0
    nav_integrator_boundary = 2.5
    nav_derivative_boundary = 0
    gs_proportional_control = 9.52
    gs_integrator_control = 0.26
    gs_derivative_control = 0
    gs_integrator_boundary = 0.7
    gs_derivative_boundary = 0
    yaw_damper_gain = 0
    yaw_slip_control_gain=0.000000
    yaw_control_uses_trim=0.000000
    Matt
    FS Painter @ The Hangar
    Or click here to direct access to
    All my Repaints
    AUSTRALIA

  13. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    I'm afraid I don't understand the comment re panels floating one foot away from the wall (?)
    In the civilian VC.








  14. #64
    ah.. ok..one for the SP then. Thanks.

  15. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by jeansy View Post
    I noticed that as well, to turn the beacon on you need to use the instrument light switch, and vice versa
    Could be a mouse rectangle clash, I'll take a look.

  16. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by WarHorse47 View Post
    Overhead switches (or labels) for the instrument lights and beacon are reversed if anyone is taking notes.

    Also, I've discovered that the overhead frequency knobs for Nav1 and Com1 do function except they only change the standby frequencies. Doesn't help if you try and change primary frequencies for the older panel.
    Yes, it looks like the different versions are going to need separate CFGs. There are no standby's in the military cockpit. The civ cockpit does so the radio entries need to be different.

  17. #67
    Love the WWII Airborne photos of the C-46 from that timeframe. I'm hoping some more WWII repaints come along for this model.

    I really wish you could fly this one around with the "Jump" doors open like you can on the C-47 for Paratroop ops. My Dad had several Jumps out of C-46's in Panama and other places when he was in Special Forces in the early 60's. Dad was in one that limped home on 1 engine over the Caribbean Sea for several hours returning to Howard AFB from an operation in the leeward islands. Dad said he wasn't nervous until the Air Force guys in the airplane started donning parachutes with pale faces and "terror" in their eyes. He always said both engines needed replacing after they got back.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1955f9219c8193afc10c0d63be1ee738.jpg  

  18. #68
    is there a way to change the panels to the old one(nogps)
    i also miss all the features the MJ c47 offer,no copilot,no failtures.........
    i hope there comes more than only a patch,i think the standards for payware are not the same as a few jears ago,see c47 or dc6
    model and paints look very good,but no realismus.......

    before i buy the next plane,i check wat it has to offer.........for me,i buy no more only nice looking planes,minimum is c47 level...................

    cheers
    Ralf

  19. #69
    Ralf, you need to compare apples with apples. If you are seriously expecting PMDG DC6 level simulation with the C46 then no it will disappoint you. But then it has not taken 4 years to develop or cost the same. MJ's C47 is a masterpiece but again, I am envious of the development time and resources that have gone into it. The hobby is rapidly changing and developing into a two-party system - those that require "study-sim" level and those who do not. Both need to be catered for and are. Neither is bad nor wrong.

  20. #70
    Senior Administrator Roger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    EGCD...they bulldozed it!
    Age
    65
    Posts
    9,219
    Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    Ralf, you need to compare apples with apples. If you are seriously expecting PMDG DC6 level simulation with the C46 then no it will disappoint you. But then it has not taken 4 years to develop or cost the same. MJ's C47 is a masterpiece but again, I am envious of the development time and resources that have gone into it. The hobby is rapidly changing and developing into a two-party system - those that require "study-sim" level and those who do not. Both need to be catered for and are. Neither is bad nor wrong.
    It's a good point you make Baz, when you consider how many aircraft AH/JF have released in two years then study level is not going to be what you get, especially at their prices. Okay there are sometimes going to be fixes required, but on the whole we get them.
    SYSTEM :
    OS:Win7 Home Premium 64 bit UAC OFF!
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

    To err is human; to forgive is divine

  21. #71
    SOH-CM-2017
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    St Simons Island GA
    Age
    64
    Posts
    1,859
    Bazzar, just wanted to let you know this is a WONDERFUL airplane. I work around whatever issues there are, knowing you will deal with them and get used to this bird, a great deal of fun - and memories. When I was around 10 or 12 we lived under one of the approach paths for Willow Run airport in Ypsilanti, MI. We had a constant parade of CV-340s, CV-440s, CV-580s (Frontier, Republic, North Central and Allegheny airlines), and C-46s passing over our home at maybe 800/1,000 ft AGL or so. Zantop had a large operation at WR and were frequently observed flying overhead. So was Flying Tiger Lines, also in C-46s. It was a far more innocent time than now, when on a slow evening Dad and I would buzz down to the approach end of the runway at Willow Run or sometimes Detroit Metro (then also called Wayne Major) airport and these birds, large 4-engine prop birds, and the early jets on short final would fly right over our heads, couldn't have been more than 100-150 feet up. I miss that. Having something like this brings those memories back vividly.

    Thanks again for this excellent aircraft!

  22. #72
    SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Woy Woy, NSW, Australia Zulu +11 AEDST
    Age
    70
    Posts
    2,953
    I have taken note of the feedback here and posted the major anomalies over on the beta test page. I dare say that all these will be fixed in a future SP.

    All through testing I did not have any problems starting the engines using the procedure in the manual. However a friend of mine who flew DC-3s for an airline in the early part of his career told me that you always start the #2 engine first as that is where the main generator is located.


    EDIT: Paint kit for the C-46 is available from the Just Flight web page.



    Cheers
    Pat


    "Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

  23. #73
    SOH Staff .."Cantina Janitor" Daveroo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Auburn,CA
    Age
    55
    Posts
    6,129
    Quote Originally Posted by SSI01 View Post
    Bazzar, just wanted to let you know this is a WONDERFUL airplane. I work around whatever issues there are, knowing you will deal with them and get used to this bird, a great deal of fun - and memories. When I was around 10 or 12 we lived under one of the approach paths for Willow Run airport in Ypsilanti, MI. We had a constant parade of CV-340s, CV-440s, CV-580s (Frontier, Republic, North Central and Allegheny airlines), and C-46s passing over our home at maybe 800/1,000 ft AGL or so. Zantop had a large operation at WR and were frequently observed flying overhead. So was Flying Tiger Lines, also in C-46s. It was a far more innocent time than now, when on a slow evening Dad and I would buzz down to the approach end of the runway at Willow Run or sometimes Detroit Metro (then also called Wayne Major) airport and these birds, large 4-engine prop birds, and the early jets on short final would fly right over our heads, couldn't have been more than 100-150 feet up. I miss that. Having something like this brings those memories back vividly.

    Thanks again for this excellent aircraft!
    to all,i appologize right up front,this has nothing to do with the C-46,
    SS101,a good friend of mine here in California was a fire buff and collected more then 30 fire engines before his death (at a young age i might add,three kids the oldest of them was 6 at his death.),but why imm telling you this,he made a trip to Ypsilanti and bought an old Seagraves fire engine ,he also brought home a jeep fire engine same trip,but he just loved the seagraves and id never would have heard of a town called Ypsilanti had it not been for Dan,i cant look at a seagraves today ,or see the name in print without remembering my friend.

  24. #74
    Any new release pf an aircraft can expect a patch/update shortly after release. even the PMDG ones have. No matter how much beta testing is being done.
    So I do not worry about the bugs reported being fixed.

    I am now just hoping for the quick release of the paint kit, so that the magicians here can start doing their magic with their paint brushes.

    I am enjoying this bird a lot
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

  25. #75
    SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Woy Woy, NSW, Australia Zulu +11 AEDST
    Age
    70
    Posts
    2,953
    Quote Originally Posted by manfredc3 View Post
    I am now just hoping for the quick release of the paint kit, so that the magicians here can start doing their magic with their paint brushes.
    Paint kit is available on the JF site.



    Cheers
    Pat


    "Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Members who have read this thread: 494

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •