AH Curtis Commando Released! - Page 5
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: AH Curtis Commando Released!

Quote Originally Posted by 000rick000 View Post
    Thanks for the reply Matt. I have no experience with the Dove... but, are you saying that each of those shades of black represents an inconsistent material setting, meaning that you can't actually achieve the same level of reflections etc. per texture? That would be a shame! Hopefully I'm misinterpreting what you're saying? But that's how that screenshot is helping me understand your comments.
    those areas of black had a 100% black alpha layer, I was trying to do the high shine alpha polished look, to find out that every part of the model, the alpha properties was different, AH mentioned they dont do that style of mapping, and that you need to paint the polished metal look

If I wanted to do a high shine polished look I was going to need to some and work out how to wrap it up in aluminum foil and apply several layers of high gloss clear, I dont think the PC's monitor wouldve liked that

I found with some of the recent AH/JF releases that your skill set of high shine is not possible based on how AH do their mapping properties, but having a quick look at this paint kit, I may be wrong with this one but im not holding my breath from past experiences

I just find it interesting that we cant have a high shine with their products, sorry dont want to be seen as the party pooper but I guess the 17yrs of developer they have, their ways of doing things and they are sticking to it as they stated they there is no hard evidence that 3rd party paints increase sales. But if developers insist that 3rd party involvement does nothing, we I guess we have to assume that they are 100% correct and not going to change their ways

Just saying

It would be nice to see all the 3rd party mods like paints like your polished schemes, vc upgrades and FDE tweaks that are often seen for other packages from other developers as they do notice and appreciate the 3rd part involvement and accept it as normal business practice for longevity of the package.

Edit:. Ok well, that aside, I'm really excited for this one. Hopefully it flies well and gets me my Buffalo experience!
    Last edited by Mach3DS; August 15th, 2017 at 10:05.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Rick, have you thought of dropping a polite email to AH on the subject? You had positive responses from a different developer and we all enjoyed your work with the updated results. I suggest that approach might be more gladly received than public dissection of a previous model.
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Good idea! I don't mean any disrespect either, because being a developer these days is a tough proposition! So I've erased my response in lieu of PM, and in regard to not having my comments misconstrued or thought of as negative any some way, which they weren't intended that way.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

I'm curious

My default flight is cold and dark. Whenever I load the C-46, the battery, navigation lights and avionics are already on. Does anyone know why?

Is this because of some xml file when the aircraft is loaded, or is it because of the missing entries in the [electrical] section of the aircraft.cfg?

I was just wondering if there is a way to control the electrical systems upon loading the aircraft.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WarHorse47 View Post
    My default flight is cold and dark. Whenever I load the C-46, the battery, navigation lights and avionics are already on. Does anyone know why?

Is this because of some xml file when the aircraft is loaded, or is it because of the missing entries in the [electrical] section of the aircraft.cfg?

I was just wondering if there is a way to control the electrical systems upon loading the aircraft.
    I can't tell you why some planes load warm, but...

My default for starting FSX and P3D has always been to boot into the default flight.
    Once the sim is loaded, a plane can then be set up to the cold and dark condition and saved out as a flight/scenario.

When the sim has loaded in default configuration, load the saved flight and you should get the plane in the condition in which it was saved.
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Has anyone heard anything about repaints of this bird? Not sure if the paint kit has been released by AH yet, I was on the forum yesterday and saw nothing about a paint kit for the use of our texture artists.

I came across two on Avsim by Gustavo Aguiar.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

The paint kit was released a few days after its initial release date

The paint kit is available here - https://www.justflight.com/support/c46-commando
    Martyn
    Just Flight Development Manager

Im slowly going through the paint kit and re doing it for the way I like bare meta tones and detail rather than plain grey with a black alpha, once I have the base metal done, then i can start on some repaints

excuse the panel lines at the moment, im using them as reference for now

please bare in mind, AH paint kits lack a lot of detail, so this isnt a 5 minute job

Looking very good Matt!
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

I spend some days now tweaking the aircraft. Engines perform now but W&B and fuel are still messed up.
    W&B influences the performance, too (obviously) so the whole aerodynamics would need an update.
    Since something with the fuelgauges went wrong, I can´t fix W&B now (centre tank feed in different speeds).
    So I guess it all has to wait until there is a SP by the developer.
    Since both versions of the aircraft are included (3 and 4 blades), they should split the planes into two folders to show the difference in performance.
    Some settings in the aircraft-cfg do not match the air-file so I had to change them or remove entire entries.
    Don´t get me wrong - I like the plane and I don´t expect it to be study level but some of the bugs mentioned here in this thread are just basic.
    I don´t want a refund - I want a working classic, not a plane of shame.
    Cheers,

Marc

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Marc, I think these matters are better dealt with in a PM to Martyn. From your post I am assuming you have flown the C-46 in real life.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WarHorse47 View Post
    I came across two on Avsim by Gustavo Aguiar.
    D/L'd 'em. Thanks!

Any feedback or bug reports posted on various forums such as this one have been logged and reported to the developers, and they are all being investigated.

Thanks
    Martyn
    Martyn
    Just Flight Development Manager

Martyn-

I am always impressed with your/JF's professionalism and ability to accept ALL feedback without bristling.... that's not always the case.

Cheers Mate!

Carl

Yet another promising aircraft parked in the hangar till some critical issues get sorted out, in other words SP1 etc. This is not JF but AH (the creators) they seem more times than not to be let a product go before having tested it thoroughly or run it through to sort out the operational stuff, never an issue with the model or the textures (well how they do them is another issue). Still there is another way of looking at it; release it early, get some dollars back to pay for repairs and rectification and you have all the eager flight sim community to do your beta testing for you.

I think I can remember only one of their products that has worked out of the box so to speak and has yet to need a SP.

I was really looking forward to this one and I will just have to wait until it is fixed.

Lets hope they don't do an update and stuff all the early release liveries like they did with another product!

Quote Originally Posted by AussieMan View Post
    Marc, I think these matters are better dealt with in a PM to Martyn. From your post I am assuming you have flown the C-46 in real life.
    No, Pat. This is exactly not what I wanted to, because a PM will just end in an offer for a refund and that´s not my intention.
    It´s a way to show other users that they are not the only ones having trouble with an unfinalised product and a chance for the dev team to correct this (Since their so called beta testers failed).
    Martyn already made his statement and I will be glad to make a purchase recommendation once this thing is finished.
    ...and feel free to click on my profile the check my experience.

Cheers,

Marc

Marc I agree with you entirely and this problem is not only confined to AH,Milviz have a similair problem.

It seems the customer is fast becoming the Beta Tester.

Cheers Chris

Let us make one thing perfectly clear here. We do not run the beta testing process, Just Fight does. If Just Flight are happy with the results of the process, they release the product. That is their decision not ours (AH). The way something flies is very often a personal opinion and not a "critical issue". On the C46, we have created the FDs to replicate the flight reports from real pilots with time on the type, and contemporary manuals, POHs etc.

Any comment regarding our productions can either be addressed directly to Just Flight, in cases of Just Flight products like the C46, or our help desk at Aeroplane Heaven for AH products like the Helldiver for example.

slowly getting there, just have tie the tail section into the main fus and then I can start with the general other bits of paints

here a compassion of the bare metals, new vs old

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    Let us make one thing perfectly clear here. We do not run the beta testing process, Just Fight does. If Just Flight are happy with the results of the process, they release the product. That is their decision not ours (AH). The way something flies is very often a personal opinion and not a "critical issue". On the C46, we have created the FDs to replicate the flight reports from real pilots with time on the type, and contemporary manuals, POHs etc.

Any comment regarding our productions can either be addressed directly to Just Flight, in cases of Just Flight products like the C46, or our help desk at Aeroplane Heaven for AH products like the Helldiver for example.
    Barry,

IMHO you've done a great job so far. I'm pleased with the model.

Cees

one thing for the patch, can we see spec mapping for each of the texture files, instead of the generic single spec file that covers the whole model

and look at the engine data as she stalls out on a +400ftfpm climb around the 8000 feet mark and maybe revise the COG as flying level she flys nose down and bum up

and look at the vc lighting or the lack off

Members who have read this thread: 0