Nor-Cal Wilga Tundra vc windows cloudy

Thread: Nor-Cal Wilga Tundra vc windows cloudy

Nor-Cal Wilga Tundra vc windows cloudy

I d/l the Nor-Cal Wilga from Simviation for my FSX Accel and it is a good little STOL aircraft originally modeled for FS9 based on the "Wicked Wilga" model. External views through the glass are normal, outward looking from 2D cockpit is normal. However, when in vc view, the outward view is normal for about five seconds, flashes a couple of times and turns light blue/gray (totally omitting the outside view). I do not have DX10 preview checked. I checked all the textures with Imagetool and the ones I see are all dxt3. I've googled the problem and someone mentioned a "rain fix for the vc" for the "Wicked Wilga", but I can not find any of the links that are still active. This was discussed around 2008. I d/l Wicked Wilga and the view is still the same. There is no 2D in the Wicked model but the vc is still gray.
    Any ideas? The gauges work fine in vc, just looking through the windows after five seconds and it's like they're painted grayish. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance. Terry

You will find the rain fix here:

http://www.flight1.com/view.asp?page=library
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Icon9

Roger, thank you for the prompt reply, however, instead of the gray screen out the windows, I now have a black screen. This phenom happens regardless of the weather, even clear skies. Not sure what's up. Prop blur and outside looking in are all good. Thank you for the link.

Hmmm maybe the screen texture needs a dark alpha channel?
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Icon9

After getting the solid black texture out the window, I reran the "fixit" and it said it converted the "moving and stopped rain texture" files back to the original but I no longer have the flashing "maybe" real world texture, but now a solid black texture. I see a small "break" in the instrument panel and can see the real world peeking through. I restarted FSX and no change. Not sure how and where to apply the dark alpha channel that you speak of.

SOH-CM-2020
    I've just installed the FSX version of the 'Wicked Wilga' into FSX SE and I'm also plagued with the black windows.

Was there ever a fix for this?

Pete.

Pete, no I was never able to find a fix for the anamoly. It's unfortunate as looking out the VC was good for awhile, but when the windows clouded up, nothing worked. The rain fix made the windows black. Sorry.. I wish there was something that could be done...Terry

SOH-CM-2020
    Thanks for your reply.

It's a shame that there doesn't appear to be a fix for this issue.

Pete.

Members who have read this thread: 0