VC replacement

Thread: VC replacement

VC replacement

Having a spot of bother here, trying to replace the stock UKMil Sea Harrier FA2's VC with that of Dino C's T-45C. Try as I might I can't get it to work. At least not whilst retaining VTOl capabilities even though I left all the original UKMil gauges in the panel folder and made the appropriate cfg edits to retain the RCB gauges.

Don't suppose anyone's aware of a ready made version uploaded anywhere?

Craig
    "Thou shalt maintain thine airspeed lest the ground shalt rise up and smite thee"

I'm curious; why would you want to do that?

Forgive me. I'm new here.

Trying to be diplomatic, the VC she ships with isn't the greatest. The external model is a bit dated but still holds up well enough, the VC on the other hand really is bare bones. The T-45C is about the closest fit I can think of for a replacement, single engined, twin MFD, Hud and semi-British in origin.

I'd love to see a Razbam Gr7/AV-8B level FA2 but somehow I really don't think thats likely to happen, very niche market I'd imagine. A facelift on the UKMil model is likely the best I can hope for.
    "Thou shalt maintain thine airspeed lest the ground shalt rise up and smite thee"

But how would the VTOL work without Nozzle levers, etc. I see what you're trying to do but surely, that's impossible.

Go here:

Sim Skunk Works. The definitive Harrier - and I've tried them all. This is the only one that works correctly.

I think there is a hover gauge somewhere in the panel.cfg, from memory, that you may need to put into the VC of the T-45 for it to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganter View Post
    But how would the VTOL work without Nozzle levers, etc. I see what you're trying to do but surely, that's impossible.
    There wouldn't be any nor are they actually required, its already done through key bindings in the stock VC as there are no side consoles in the original model. Also nice as I'm sure the SSW Harrier is, it isn't an FA2 which is what I really want.

Quote Originally Posted by mattcurry View Post
    I think there is a hover gauge somewhere in the panel.cfg, from memory, that you may need to put into the VC of the T-45 for it to work.

I have copied over the lines for the VTOL guage, for the life of me I just can't get it to work though. Obviously I missed a step but no idea what.

Quote Originally Posted by fallenphoenix1986 View Post
    There wouldn't be any nor are they actually required, its already done through key bindings in the stock VC as there are no side consoles in the original model. Also nice as I'm sure the SSW Harrier is, it isn't an FA2 which is what I really want.

I have copied over the lines for the VTOL guage, for the life of me I just can't get it to work though. Obviously I missed a step but no idea what.

I see now.
    You're just after the MFD's, etc. That's a pretty cool thing to be able to do.

Good luck.

My final thought on this without digging in to the files myself: Do you have FSUIPC installed and up to date? The only time I had trouble with the hover on the harrier it was after a fresh install and that was the problem. I believe that it runs some simconnect stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by mattcurry View Post
    My final thought on this without digging in to the files myself: Do you have FSUIPC installed and up to date? The only time I had trouble with the hover on the harrier it was after a fresh install and that was the problem. I believe that it runs some simconnect stuff.
    Thanks but its only my edited version that doesn't work, the UKMIL FRS1 uses the exact same gauges/resources and it works just fine... definitely something I'm doing/not doing.

Craig

Members who have read this thread: 0