Upcoming Lockheed Vega 5 for FSX and P3D - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Upcoming Lockheed Vega 5 for FSX and P3D

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    Can I spam requests for a LFRR system and scenery?
    Haha yes of course! Bring it on!

I'm sure you already have a plan for what you'll be creating/releasing but is there any chance you might consider making the beautiful and uncowled Lockheed Vega 1?

This first version of the famed airplane has a wonderful history. Twenty-eight Vega 1 airplanes were built by Lockheed Aircraft Company at the factory on Sycamore Street, Hollywood, California, before production of the improved Lockheed Vega 5 began in 1928 and the company moved to its new location at Burbank, California.

The model I'd truly love to see available was the exploration ship used by the on the first flight over Antarctica on November 16, 1928. The plane was purchased by the Australian George Hubert Wilkins, a daring aviator and photographer, who accompanied by former US Army pilot Carl Ben Eielson made the first flight across the Arctic on 15 April 1928. Setting off from Barrow, Alaska the two men flew for twenty hours through blinding blizzards and freezing temperatures to Spitsbergen, Norway, a distance of over 4,000 kilometers across uncharted land. Their daring flight made them aviation heroes and proved that such incredible flights were possible.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lockheed_Vega_1.jpg   Lockheed_Vega_1_Wilkins-Hearst_a_m.jpg   Lockheed_Vega_1_Wilkins-Hearst_b_m.jpg  

I'm sorry to disappoint, but no. The differences between the Vega 1 and 5 are too many. Different fuselage, fewer seats and windows, different engines, no cowling but a pointy cover and different vertical stabilizer. I don't even know how the cockpit looks like in that machine. I'd love to accommodate the different versions, but this would be equivalent to starting from scratch. I hope you understand.

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Just posted to your blog site as Aussie157.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Quote Originally Posted by Vitus View Post
    I'm sorry to disappoint, but no. The differences between the Vega 1 and 5 are too many. Different fuselage, fewer seats and windows, different engines, no cowling but a pointy cover and different vertical stabilizer. I don't even know how the cockpit looks like in that machine. I'd love to accommodate the different versions, but this would be equivalent to starting from scratch. I hope you understand.
    I love that you're doing the -5 - a beautiful and efficient air frame for the period winning many cross country races against some pure racing designs...A Golden Age of Aviation jewel for sure
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Devbog update

Hey guys,

I have a bit of a backlog, but rest assured that all of you who contacted me over the past few days will get an answer. The truth is that I've been very busy.

The good news is that I just posted a new developer's blog on the barometric module for my Lockheed Vega. Check it out on the website or in my (not very well frequented, yet) forum.

More to come, just hang in there guys!

Cheers,
    Vitus

Hi Vitus,

I've just read your dev blog and I must say I'm impressed and very excited. I think from what you outline the 50 $ will be well deserved. Looking forward for the elecrical systems review.

Best regards,
    Christian

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    Can I spam requests for a LFRR system and scenery?
    This is the same system which it was in MV Cessna Bobcat?
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    This is the same system which it was in MV Cessna Bobcat?
    Yes.

I'd prefer a separate add-on though (at an appropriate price) to make LFRR navigation available to other aircraft.

Hey folks,
    Sorry for being so quiet lately. I've been very busy getting the old lady ready. There's still so much to do before the alpha release, and unfortunately the day only has 24 hours.

Anyway, I just quickly want to let you know that a new blog post is up on my website. Check it out if you're interested.

Cheers,
    Vitus

Hello Vitus,
    any news about this project?

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

I love this one..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1933-Lockheed-Vega-NC12288-John-Magoffin.jpg  
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Hi Vitus, any news about progress?

Icon4 A bit of an update

Hello folks!
    Sorry for the loooong wait. I had some major issues to deal with and whenever that happens I tend to stay quiet until everything is fixed up again.
    The Vega is coming along very nicely. I made a lot of improvements to the 3d model, overhauled the architecture of the core system simulation, added some effects, fixed loads of bugs, worked on the website..... Let's just say: I've been busy
    I wrote a blog post on my website that sums up some of the work I've done as well, check it out if you're interested.

It's getting close for the Early-Alpha release!

I rebuilt the window frames to get rid of the blockiness:

You can't see it on the image, but I spent a lot of time to make the handles swing with the movement of the aircraft:

Exterior lights:

Here's a first impression of the maintenance tool. The functionality is a bit limited, because I haven't integrated many malfunctions yet:

Here's the Wing42 livery:

And lastly a shot of the military livery you guys showed me. Unfortunately I couldn't find any additional information on the aircraft and I have no idea about the registration, plus I can't work out what the logo on the side is supposed to be. Maybe someone here has an idea?

It looks simply magnificent so far, Vitus. Please continue to keep us all posted on your progress! It'll definitely be a 'day one' purchase for me.
    -Mark

Thank you for your kind words Mark! The thought of releasing it is always causing me a lot of stress and anxiety, so it means a lot to me to read this from you.

I hope you also know what you're into though. Be aware that the early-alpha version is still very simplistic

There's something else worth mentioning: I just uploaded the first version of the "Simulation Manual". You'll find a link in my forum.

Wow, nice work Vitus. Thanks for the previews.

Excellent model and video Vitus! I registered at your site and am just awaiting confirmation.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Excellent model and video Vitus! I registered at your site and am just awaiting confirmation.
    I am now registered
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    I am now registered
    Yes you are!
    Thanks a lot for your feedback Roger! Much appreciated.

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    ​Just registered at your site.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Members who have read this thread: 1