A-20 Havoc FSX Native - Page 6
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: A-20 Havoc FSX Native

did two flights in the Havoc it flys perfectly

Thursday, November 27 2014 I Lost My Best Friend My Uncle! He Was Amazing person He was a volunteer For Las Vegas metro Police he will be missed, I Volunteer with him Many Times With LVMPD And USFS

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

==Punisher of Arizona == Thin Blue Line

VC Views

The aircraft modeling with the superb paint work gives an incredible high degree of reality.
    I know I could reach out and feel the rivets..

I really like doing VC camera views and I sometimes pickup a few things.

A20C

From first pass all looks good.
    Love the animated bombardier and bombay doors interior.

A20G - with animated exterior bombay doors.

Bombbay doors missing from VC view and are not animated to close.
    Can see shadow of exterior doors move.

P70A1

Bombay doors/ welded bottom of aircraft missing from VC view.

VC radar operator space has day light leaks.

P70A2 - with animated exterior bombay doors.

Nose gear hatch has missing texture.

P70A2 - with cannon pod.

Loving it.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_2966.jpg  
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Milton and crew, excellent renditions of this aircraft. Would like to add to WIP list, all portside landing lights inoperative. starboard side functioning properly. Thank you sir. Hawkdriver

What a great aircraft! Took the beta for a spin today and loved the aircraft. I don't know if this is a WIP or not but when I went to exit the runway I could not get the nose gear to move, tried everything I could think of other than reading the manual...

Hats off to Milton and crew, great work guys!
    Very Respectfully,

Jim 'Doc' Johnson, SMSgt, USAF (Ret)
    Fac Fortia Et Patere

Man, it's worth it for the sound pack alone! Love it.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails A-20G-1.jpg  

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar

Wonderful aircraft!
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Quote Originally Posted by Seahawk72s View Post
    The aircraft modeling with the superb paint work gives an incredible high degree of reality.
    I know I could reach out and feel the rivets..

I really like doing VC camera views and I sometimes pickup a few things.

A20C

From first pass all looks good.
    Love the animated bombardier and bombay doors interior.

A20G - with animated exterior bombay doors.

P70A1

P70A2 - with animated exterior bombay doors.

P70A2 - with cannon pod.

SH72,

Do your exterior camera views using the exterior model, not the VC model.

I remove many parts in the VC/interior model to help with cockpit frame rates.
    The final release will have very little behind the cockpit.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Quote Originally Posted by docjohnson View Post
    What a great aircraft! Took the beta for a spin today and loved the aircraft. I don't know if this is a WIP or not but when I went to exit the runway I could not get the nose gear to move, tried everything I could think of other than reading the manual...

Hats off to Milton and crew, great work guys!
    Doc, it will be very hard to turn that nose gear if you are exceeding 10mph. For ground maneuvers less than 10, no problem.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by hawkdriver View Post
    Milton and crew, excellent renditions of this aircraft. Would like to add to WIP list, all portside landing lights inoperative. starboard side functioning properly. Thank you sir. Hawkdriver
    Hawkdriver,

The port side light is actually a taxi light. The switch is just to the right of the landing light switch.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

When I was a kid, an A20 was at the Vicksburg MS airport. As we explored it one night, I remember being surprised that a 2 engine bomber that big had tandem seating and only one pilot pit. (I had been inside a B25 before)

What was odd about this bird was that the fuselage had been reconfigured for executive transport complete with leather seats and a cool little bar to hold liquor bottles. Were these planes ever surplussed and converted for civilian use or was this perhaps a general's hack?

Obie

As with all Mr. Shupe's (and Colleagues) aircraft.....excellent! Thank you so much,
    TerryW

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    SH72,

Do your exterior camera views using the exterior model, not the VC model.

I remove many parts in the VC/interior model to help with cockpit frame rates.
    The final release will have very little behind the cockpit.
    You did such a nice job on the A20C I wondered why you did not carry it over to the A20G and P70A2.
    Sorry to hear you will remove more. What will you do with the B26 where you have extensive interior modeling.?

Hello,

-Thank you Milton!

Alain

_

You did such a nice job on the A20C I wondered why you did not carry it over to the A20G and P70A2.
    Sorry to hear you will remove more. What will you do with the B26 where you have extensive interior modeling.?
    In the A-20 , one cannot move from the cockpit back through the aircraft as you can with the Marauder. The Marauder interior is modeled front to back so you can move about as you can in that aircraft. That is why the difference.

Still, exterior camera views should be done with the exterior model, not the VC model.

The A-20C, G, and P-70's all have parts removed from the interior models. The C model even has parts removed from the exterior model as it is too poly heavy for FS9 though not an issue for FSX. The fact that there are differences might be explained below.

Counting the exterior and interior models separately, there are actually 10 models of the A-20 in FS9, and 22 models in FSX with munitions differences, 11 models exterior and 11 models interior to maintain.

As I assemble for export and remove selected parts, it is likely that there will be some differences that generally will not be consequential or noticed in the VC. You cannot get to the Bomb Bay from the cockpit so why have it there to be rendered? I care about frame rates for the pilot, and if you do bomb bay camera views using the exterior model, all will be fine. I did leave the rear gunner and turret areas in for VC camera views but they are not well modeled nor textured for quality - just a carryover from the exterior model.

If people want to get picky about this stuff, I'll simply remove everything behind the cockpit and they can go purchase some payware aircraft to satisfy their inner needs. This will be an added advantage for frame rates.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Blog Entries
    Thank you for the Havoc Milton ( bet thts the first time anyone has thanks someone for bringing Havoc to someplace ). Still downloading but really looking forward to flying it and comparing the P-70 to the P-61 and see what the pilots experienced.. .. gonna be awesome..

Thank you Milton and crews for the A-20 and B-26. Two great free aircraft. Milton give yourself a break and go back to updating you older aircraft. When you get to it P3D4 needs a Ventura.

... I care about frame rates for the pilot....
    You do cutting edge aircraft that no one else is touching. The size of the projects and the time resources you apply
    are to be highly commended. I see your aircraft the way a model kit builder does. Unique works of art worthy of the time
    to crawl around and explore. Frame rates are not as important to me as the sense of completeness of the aircraft.
    But that's just me. If I seem overly sensitive it's because I feel you are the only quality show in town doing aircraft
    I really like. There is none else to turn to.

(I think this is where I ask for a signed picture with your autograph)

Blog Entries

Ya know, This was a shock. The US Army used the P-70 in the south pacific as its first night fighterbecause the P-61 wouldnt be ready for another three years. Once the P-61 was released, the P-70 was re-purposed to being the night fighter trainer, because, "it had similar characteristics to the P-61", but this was a shock. This handles almost identically too the P-61. No lie. I felt totally at home in it and completely comfortable. It's slower than the P-61B but i imagine its right on par with the P-61A. Beautifully done and bravo too your entire team. Amazing Job.. Thank you again..

Blog Entries
    You do cutting edge aircraft that no one else is touching. The size of the projects and the time resources you apply
    are to be highly commended. I see your aircraft the way a model kit builder does. Unique works of art worthy of the time
    to crawl around and explore. Frame rates are not as important to me as the sense of completeness of the aircraft.
    But that's just me. If I seem overly sensitive it's because I feel you are the only quality show in town doing aircraft
    I really like. There is none else to turn to.

(I think this is where I ask for a signed picture with your autograph)

If you like this your going to like the P-61 when its finished too.. On the other hand, if your waiting on the P-61, get this while you wait. Yeahh, its slower than the P-61, but in every other handling aspect, they're almost identical. Stay tuned..
    Pam

SOH-CM-2023
    Milton:

You're exactly correct. If one cannot get to the bomb bay or rear of the aircraft in real life, why model it ??
    Go ahead and do what you feel is necessary. I think you and your team are doing great so far.

Milton,

I let the rollout continue down to 7 KIAS when I tried to get back to centerline from a poor landing, nothing, then I used asymmetric throttles to stay on the runway, then to a full stop at the end of the runway, then I tried again from a dead stop...nothing. I'll go back again and check everything, I tried in P3D V4, I'll try it also in V3 and see what happens.

V/R

Doc

Doc, it will be very hard to turn that nose gear if you are exceeding 10mph. For ground maneuvers less than 10, no problem.
    Very Respectfully,

Jim 'Doc' Johnson, SMSgt, USAF (Ret)
    Fac Fortia Et Patere

Quote Originally Posted by docjohnson View Post
    Milton,

I let the rollout continue down to 7 KIAS when I tried to get back to centerline from a poor landing, nothing, then I used asymmetric throttles to stay on the runway, then to a full stop at the end of the runway, then I tried again from a dead stop...nothing. I'll go back again and check everything, I tried in P3D V4, I'll try it also in V3 and see what happens.

V/R

Doc
    Doc, may be that P3Dv4 needs different differential braking settings than FSX. I have them set fairly high but due to weight of the aircraft (maybe a little too heavy on the nose depending on load out), but in FSX, she will not lock up the wheel brakes. You may want to adjust your differential braking a bit higher.

Here are the released settings:

[brakes]
    toe_brakes_scale =0.84100
    parking_brake =1
    differential_braking_scale =1.00000
    auto_brakes=0
    hydraulic_system_scalar=1

You could try raising the toe brakes scalar to 1.0.

EDIT: Doc, I forgot to ask if you have rudder pedals. If not, then do this:

In the aircraft.cfg, locate teh Contact Points, point.0.

Notice the number in RED below and change the 180.0 to 040.0

point.0= 1, 10.833, 0.000, -7.678, 1800, 0, 0.916, 180.000, 0.220, 2.500, 0.900, 3.000, 3.000, 0, 150.0, 236.0

This changes the steering from castoring to steerable by rudder inputs.
    Last edited by Milton Shupe; September 25th, 2017 at 15:22.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by warchild View Post
    Ya know, This was a shock. The US Army used the P-70 in the south pacific as its first night fighterbecause the P-61 wouldnt be ready for another three years. Once the P-61 was released, the P-70 was re-purposed to being the night fighter trainer, because, "it had similar characteristics to the P-61", but this was a shock. This handles almost identically too the P-61. No lie. I felt totally at home in it and completely comfortable. It's slower than the P-61B but i imagine its right on par with the P-61A. Beautifully done and bravo too your entire team. Amazing Job.. Thank you again..
    Thanks Pam. After glh and I did the initial research and FM, I turned it over to Tom "Fliger" Falley to zero in. The results are what we would expect from Tom. Great stuff!
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Members who have read this thread: 0