Airports List

Thread: Airports List

Airports List

Hi all
    Is there a list of airports somewhere in P3D? I seem to recall a list in FS9 but so far can't find anything similar in P3D. I want add the fairly new airport on the island of St Vincent - TVSA- Argyle - I think it is, in the hope that I can create some AI traffic which will use it - does not appear depicted in such a way so as to be usable by AI.
    Thanks
    Warren

Hi,

For P3D V3 (as an example) check the SDK documentation for the Dump Airport List. You can find it under Prepar3D SDK/ Environment SDK/ Living World SDK/ Traffic Toolbox

http://www.prepar3d.com/SDKv3/Learni...ningCenter.php

You will need to install the relevant SDK, then activate the Traffic Toolbox, and then you will be able to run this and create a file which contains all airports with details.

If you are looking to add an airport, you could just use Airport Design Editor to create it and add it to the sim.
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

Hi Scott
    Many thanks. The airport I have in mind is the newest on St Vincent Island in the Caribbean and was added as an extra in an add-on scenery package. It is reasonably detailed and while for FSX it works well in P3D however it doesn't seem properly identified in P3D. While it shows on the opening page map it is not included in the airports list so it is not possible to flight plan to it with GPS (not in the GPS list either) - not sure why. I have been hoping to fix this so that my AI will use it but so far no luck - not sure if I have the expertise to build a new airport with ADE.
    Appreciate the help.
    Warren

Hi Warren,

Which addon scenery is the airport included in? If the airport is already built in the sim, then maybe just an adjustment to the ADEX file (Airport file) could be edited to make the airport appear in the list. To be honest I'm not sure if adding the airport to the airport list in P3D works or not.

Let me which addon you are referring to and I will investigate a bit more.

I have just checked out the real airport and it seems it was just opened in February 2017.

Cheers,

Scott
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

Hi Scott
    I believe it is an add-on from AVSIM or FLIGHT SIM entitled "Grenadines" - the author may be a Mr. Bishop. The airport - "Argyle" which is the new St. Vincent airport is located to the southeast of the original "Joshua". It is variously identified as "TVSG" or "TVSA" Sorry to be vague but I have several St. Vincent and Grenadines sceneries in my archive and "Argyle" is treated differently depending on the package.
    Hope this helps.
    Thanks
    Warren

I know Argyle from that ad don in FSX and don't think it appears on the sim map or you can route to it by GPS. Rather than a normal airport and runway created with ADEX it looks more the runway is just "painted on" as scenery. Had to overcome bugginess in FSX with elevation differences using FTX Global and Vector and still get building crashes everywhere on the ramp.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Hi Warren,

I think the package with the addon Argyle Airport is "grenadinesv2" and it's actually by Jean-Louis Valladier ( written as Valladier Jean-Louis at Avsim). He has modelled Argyle Airport, but as it was before it was opened, he called it TVSG.

It is a very simple fix to rename it as TVSA. First make sure you disable any other addons for that airport. Then download Airport Design Editor:

http://www.scruffyduck.org/downloads/4584110854 (Download the manual too)

Go through and set up the options which requires you to point to some files, and choose units of measurement etc.

You may need to have a SDK installed. You can download and install the P3D SDK(s) from the P3D site.

Open ADE in P3D V3 mode (If that's what you are using). Choose "Open airport from bgl" and then open the file "TVSG_ADEX_JLV.BGL".

Go to "Airport Properties".

Change the code of the airport from TVSG to TVSA.

Choose compile airport.

Change the name of the compiled file to "TVSA_ADEX_JLV.BGL" and place it in the Grenadines/Scenery folder. Turn off the file called "TVSG_ADEX_JLV.BGL" (eg TVSG_ADEX_JLV.BGL.OFF).

Change the name of the file called "TVSG_ADEX_JLV_CVX.bgl" to "TVSA_ADEX_JLV_CVX.bgl"

Now with this scenery activated the Argyle Airport will appear as TVSA.

Let me know if you have any problems. I have just tested this in a few minutes, so if you have trouble I will send you my files. I would rather show you how it's done though, as then you can do the same again any time you need. ADE really is pretty easy to use and an amazing tool.

Cheers,

Scott

Hi Scott
    I opened the airport scenery in ADE and Argyle shows as TVSG which should work - however in P3D it does not show on the GPS data base. Another problem for me is that I use a program called Airport AI Enhancer for my AI and it does not show up there either - I'll keep playing when I have time and see if I can change the results. The airport does show up on the opening page map in P3D but the symbol is different than the type I normally see - I'm wondering if that may be related in some way.
    Thanks
    Warren

Hi Warren.

I'm not sure. I've done some testing with the TVSA file, where the only thing I did was change the Airport ICAO code to TVSA, and it appears in the default GPS in P3D V3, but as you say it does not appear in the list for Airport AI Enhancer.

In the GPS ( I was using Mr Shupe's Aero Commander) the airport appears on the screen and in the Nearest Airport list etc.

Cheers,

Scott

Hi Scott
    I haven't had much time to play but have had no more success in making Argyle (TVSG or TVSA) accessible by GPS or to AI Enhancer. Can you tell me where in ADE the ICAO code can be changed?
    Thanks
    Warren

Sure.

Here is the process:

Scott
    Thanks - very comprehensive. I'm not sure that changing the ICAO will effect the GPS or AI Enhancer status but it's worth a shot.
    Cheers
    Warren

Another thought I had is that I have updated my P3D database with the free packages from:

https://www.aero.sors.fr/navaids3.html

It is quite possible that with the update it has included TVSA which was only opened in February this year. I'm not sure what is updated, but as I said previously TVSA is visible in my default P3D V3 GPS, but I also tested with the AI Enhancer program, and it was not visible there.

Cheers,

Members who have read this thread: 0