Screenshots Redux - Page 13
Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 35678910111213141516171819202123 ... LastLast

Thread: Screenshots Redux

Sea, Sand and Guns

Barbarossa Kiev

Russians knew how to use a P-39 in A2A...this much is fact!

"If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it right"

Back to Western Europe

With this, we can still get the Americans to accept an honourable peace... yeah right!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails YS_B7A2_redraw_WIPg.jpg  

Lt. Geoffrey Hornblower Cock and 2nd Lt. Alan S. Carey....

...apparently in regulation thermal underwear, somewhere over Flanders.

May I humbly present some WWI model WIPS that I had done on FSDS2 years ago, but never completed... with all the new and wonderful WWI aircraft blossoming around here, it may be time for me to try and finish these off. Always figured CFS2 would be a natural for WWI seaplane ops. Hopefully an Albatros W4 and an HD2 will be coming this winter. My old XP rig is mothballed, and would have to start over in FSDS2, as haven't touched it in years. We'll see...

"Don't just stand there... get one up!"

AER_DaddyO
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails grabHD2.jpg   grabW4.jpg  

Great! Can't wait to fight with them!

Quote Originally Posted by AER_DaddyO View Post
    with all the new and wonderful WWI aircraft blossoming around here
    Even CFS1 may get a new Caudron G4 soon. I wish someone could build either a Caudron G4 or a Breguet XIV (or both) for CFS2.

Quote Originally Posted by Roxane-21 View Post
    Great! Can't wait to fight with them!

Even CFS1 may get a new Caudron G4 soon. I wish someone could build either a Caudron G4 or a Breguet XIV (or both) for CFS2.
    Roxane, Stuart Green did a Caudron G4 for FS9 some years ago which can be converted for use in CFS2. Sadly the conversion I did went west when my old XP rig expired. It is great to see some German floatplanes on the horizon. Looking forward to using these AerDaddyO!

Memphis Belle
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails MemphisBelle.jpg  

Winter is coming...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Li-2.jpg  

Got one!!!

Shall we dance?

Icon12

Shall we dance?

Hey Roxane...Now you"re just showin off . Lol

Cheers mav

loved by a few, scorned by most

I don't know why I have always a had a fascination with the Brewster Buffalo, but i have. I keep coming back to study it...to learn about it...and well i can't bring myself to scorn it. It was a good airplane put into some bad situations.

In the hands of the Dutch and the British Commonwealth; it was found operation from poorly kept fields, and suffered ground crews that kept a poor maintenance record. That record wasn't all the ground crews' fault. There was a lack of replacement parts and the muddy fields beat the hell out of the air frames on landing and takeoffs. Though when in the hands of good pilots the RAF's and DIEAF pilots put up a good show with the machines. The Buffalo actually produced several aces.

Now when the Buffalo fought at Midway, it was being flown by inexperienced Marines just right out of flight school. When you really look at the facts...the Wildcat suffered just as badly in that battle as the Buffalo...and VMF-211 did achieve a 2 to 1 kill ratio while being out numbered by Zero fighters on a 2 to 1 ratio. Now VF-2, flying F2A-2 Buffalo, from the USS Lexington ran up a good record with the fighter in the early Pacific Raids and at the Coral Sea; The Chiefs proved what the plane could do when it was well taken care of, and when it was flown by pilots who understood it!

Now the Fins who were able to keep their machines in good order were able to achieve a high kill ratios against both Russian and German pilots.

No, it wasn't the best plane in the air, but neither was it the worst!!!!

I just can't bring myself to scorn the tubby snub nosed fighter...that is the Buffalo.

Brewster F2A-3 Buffalo from VMF-211 at Midway
    "Thats some of the best flying I have ever seen, upto the point that your dead, Never ever leave your wingman!"......Jester, Top Gun

Roxane-21

Love that black and white winter scheme. Is that skin available here? I don't recall seeing it before.

Quote Originally Posted by Cody Coyote View Post
    Roxane-21

Love that black and white winter scheme. Is that skin available here? I don't recall seeing it before.
    It is a quick color swap I made using Allen's paint kit. I may upload it soon (along with other stuff) though I still have to clean a couple of things up and write 'Readme' files.

Something I'm try to work on. Tons of rust and odd MS choices have made this bog down to a craw...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B-26 A.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	81.5 KB 
ID:	63713Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B-26 B.jpg 
Size:	47.7 KB 
ID:	63712
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    Something I'm try to work on. Tons of rust and odd MS choices have made this bog down to a craw...
    Cool! Are you building it from scratch, or using another existing model as a base?

Icon9 Reply...

Hey guys,

Man, I miss flying CFS2. Grad school has been a giant air brake on my ability to have fun with my toys. I'll be back soon.
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Cool! Are you building it from scratch, or using another existing model as a base?
    Pulled from CFS3 by 3d model grabbing program. Fixing the distortion that came from the grab wasn't bad. The prob is the polygon count. Once I got it into Blender it clocked it at over 20,000. The stock B-25 is only 4,800+. A crash diet only got things down to 7,000 but adding adding back the CFS2 crew lower detail guns and other small things pushed it back to 8,100.

I'm not sure I can get the main LOD down much more with out things looking bad. I got one LOD and the VC working yesterday.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vc.jpg 
Size:	54.9 KB 
ID:	63728

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    The prob is the polygon count. Once I got it into Blender it clocked it at over 20,000. The stock B-25 is only 4,800+. A crash diet only got things down to 7,000 but adding adding back the CFS2 crew lower detail guns and other small things pushed it back to 8,100.
    Stock B-25 has a very rough 3D model. Anything below 10,000 polygons should be considered fair enough.

Question for allen

Pardon me, Allen. I wonder if you are going to release the cfs2 conversion of the cfs3 B-26 Marauder? Also, could you make a new thread showcasing your work in progress models and othe models that you made for private use?

Here is a good start for some of Allen's great work:

http://thefreeflightsite.com/Allen.htm
    http://www.TheFreeFlightSite.com
    "Laissez les bon temps rouler"

Quote Originally Posted by BoeingvsAirbusNKL View Post
    Pardon me, Allen. I wonder if you are going to release the cfs2 conversion of the cfs3 B-26 Marauder? Also, could you make a new thread showcasing your work in progress models and othe models that you made for private use?
    I plan to put it out once. Still working on the LODs. No .dp yet.

Some WW1 action...

Members who have read this thread: 139