Screenshots Redux - Page 38
Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2830313233343536373839 LastLast

Thread: Screenshots Redux

Sightseeing in a four-engine flying boat! Yes, why not.
    Beautiful plane, and beautiful scenery!

It's a bit of a Frankenstein model, Skylane. I'm using it to learn how to do things with GMax.

The crew is taken from Stuart Green's Betty, & the prop blades are off Thicko's B5N2 Kate. The prop disk is from one of Akemi's Zeros. The basic aircraft is the main LOD from Piglet's H6K5. I added a dorsal gun position, & some fuselage fuel bladder details. I then worked on the vc instruments.

Parts animate as they should, & it shows & flies in CFS 2. I need to complete the airfile & DP.

Unfortunately it's single LOD, but seeing it's never likely to show up in large numbers, that's probably OK.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails H6K4_erly_WIPi.jpg   H6K4_erly_Toko_AUG42b.jpg   H6K4_erly_Toko_AUG42i.jpg  
    Last edited by UncleTgt; May 9th, 2022 at 06:16.

Very nice there UT!

Look forward to the fruits...

Cheers

Shessi

Probably old news.... but alpha did one these....

Cheers me

Mav

The Alpha bird is a H6K5 - note the lack of a bow gunner, just some strange (invented?) flexible MGs in the nose.

The -5 moved the nose gun to the cockpit roof, you can see a small turret in your screengrab.

I also thought their dorsal "cellar door" gun position was suspect too - my research could only find evidence of a simple circular hatch, where the dorsal turret was in the pre-war -2's.
    Anyway, the main reason was to try new things in GMax.
    Ideally I wanted to make it multi-LOD, like Piglets original, but don't seem able to get it to export from GMax once I add any lower lods back in, so 2 steps fwds, 1 step sideways ...

From what my son has worked on.

Aleutions
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1 Mavis down.jpg  

Some more pics.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dauntless.jpg   Dauntless 1.jpg   Dauntless 4.jpg   Dauntless 2.jpg   Dauntless 3.jpg  

Looking good Heide! That youngster a whole lot more skilled than this old dinosaur.

Nice !!
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

Nice work,

He fly's much better than I do, I can never hit the carriers

Cheers
    aussie

Me either aussie!!

Bravo!

Getting the most captivating action screenies possible can be as challenging as the action itself, with all the angling, timing, pausing and positioning, etc.

"If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it right"

Library Staff
    I've done a WW2 version of the Felixstowe flying boat base thanks to Martin Klein for the authentic hangars (they still have their WW1 paintwork) and Ian Elliot for the hammerhead crane.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Felixstowe Sunderland.jpg  

My Morobe PNG airbase and PT Boat base:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Morobe PT Boat Base.jpg   Morobe Airfield.jpg   BCS0027.jpg   BCS0025.jpg  
    Last edited by Shadow Wolf 07; May 27th, 2022 at 15:04.
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Solomons, but further to the North & West ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Shortland-Lofang_WIPa.jpg   shortland_panorama_a.jpg   Shortland_WIPa.jpg   Ballale_WIPa.jpg  

Some great screenshots there UncleTgt, Shadow Wolf 07 and kdriver.

BTW did anyone ever work out how to drive a floatplane into the water from the land or its something that just can't be done?

aussie.

Very nice pictures, guys!

Aussie, you mean an amphibian like the PBY-5A? I never tried, but I think it will probably not work due to the different contact points for wheels and floats.

Quote Originally Posted by skylane View Post
    Very nice pictures, guys!

Aussie, you mean an amphibian like the PBY-5A? I never tried, but I think it will probably not work due to the different contact points for wheels and floats.

Yes that's exactly what I meant, I was just hoping with the advancements in LWM that maybe a solution was available. It does just come down the differences in the contact points types. Thanks for the reply skyline

aussie

Icon22 Reply...

Good morning,

Now that I have my lesson plans complete for the year, it's wonderful to be able to post in CFS2 again. Kevin - You did a great job on Felixstowe.

UncleTgt,

Your Solomons pics look delightful. Nice work!
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Quote Originally Posted by aussie View Post
    Some great screenshots there UncleTgt, Shadow Wolf 07 and kdriver.

BTW did anyone ever work out how to drive a floatplane into the water from the land or its something that just can't be done?

aussie.
    Cheers aussie:
    I done it from my Morobe base. See that small "runway" at the bottom of pic 4? I had the seaplane there, locked the brakes, revved her up. Then I released the bakes and hit the gear key at the same time (that way she doesn't sink). You can do the same from any base or beach with an amphib.
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Some more airbase work ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails kahili_pic2.jpg   Buka_Sohano_pic5.jpg   Buka_Sohano_pic1.jpg  

Wow UncleTgt! nice blended sceneries, very impressive. When do you think they will be ready for release so I can check them out up close?

Cheers
    aussie

Aussie,

Thanks for the kind comments.

I'm not sure on timeline - SOH member Skylane is creating some Jap mission packs involving the raids on Henderson. As part of this project, he needed the Jap bases on Bougainville, so I redrew Bougainville, Choiseul, Sortland & the Treasury Islands, to build upon those sceneries already included in the "87 Days" update by Capt Kurt. Creating Ballale, Shortland & revamping/relocating Kieta, Buka & Kahili was a natural next step.

Skylane has been developing some missions from my earlier New Britain scenery too. It really changes your POV when you're dogfighting Wildcat's over Savo & have one eye on your fuel gauge!!!

All this required some revisions of airfiles, so Akemi's Zeros/Rufe's could be used - without compromising combat behaviour too - so lot's going on!!!

Model 32 Hamp somewhere over Papua New Guinea ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mz_a6m3_mod32_2ku_SEP42c.jpg  

Looking fine buddy. The completed Solomons revamp will be a great addition.
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

Members who have read this thread: 129