Angle Deck Essex - Page 9
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Angle Deck Essex

Hells , I love following this thread not only for Michael,s superb ESSEX but also for the extra detail , the history and many that i have not seen photos .

Always loved the Crusader. My friend Carl Mosslinger who chezhed me out as Captain in the 747-400 made a number of runs on the famous Than Hoa bridge in one.

Cheers: T.

Ohhh I like that one, where and who please ?, is it FSx native ?, I do have plans for one to begin 'very' shortly as well as a stoof, other than Dinos work and the default Hornet I dont think there much modern USN stuff that is FSx accel ready ?.

Best

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by Bone View Post
    The Lad's are ready.

Hi Michael!

Quote Originally Posted by michael davies View Post
    Ohhh I like that one, where and who please ?, is it FSx native ?, I do have plans for one to begin 'very' shortly as well as a stoof, other than Dinos work and the default Hornet...
    An FSX/Accel Crusader?? Yes please!!
    I know at least two carriers which should be more attractive with Crus on her deck

Regards,
    Sylvain

Quote Originally Posted by michael davies View Post
    Ohhh I like that one, where and who please ?, is it FSx native ?, I do have plans for one to begin 'very' shortly as well as a stoof, other than Dinos work and the default Hornet I dont think there much modern USN stuff that is FSx accel ready ?.

Best

Michael
    It's the Alphasim FS9 Crusader, but it ports over nicely with good fps.

You can get a great FS9 F-8 freebie from simviation, it ports really nice, also.

Steve

Alphasim....ahh ok looks nice but I'll pass, personal reasons etc.

I'll look for the simviation one, that'll have to suffice for the immediate future to get the feel of Essex class landings etc.

Thanks for the info.

Best

Michael

It's the Alphasim FS9 Crusader, but it ports over nicely with good fps.

You can get a great FS9 F-8 freebie from simviation, it ports really nice, also.

Steve

Pearl Harbor Project developer
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Warren View Post
    Hells , I love following this thread not only for Michael,s superb ESSEX but also for the extra detail , the history and many that i have not seen photos .
    Hehehe the minutiae that Michael has been referring too.

We are really lucky to have Michael and Javier building out these wonderful carriers. Their attention to small details have their models standing second to none in the payware community.

Go Navy!!
    crashAZ- Virtual Navy
    [SIGPIC]http://www.sim-outhouse.net/images/rtwr2013/rtwr2013_sm.png[/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by crashaz View Post
    Hehehe the minutiae that Michael has been referring too.

We are really lucky to have Michael and Javier building out these wonderful carriers. Their attention to small details have their models standing second to none in the payware community.

Go Navy!!
    I'll second that thought.

I'd like to think that one day I can learn how to do some of this stuff and contribute to the community, but the reality is I just don't have the time to even TRY to acquire the skill.

Pearl Harbor Project developer
    It truly takes a lot of work. I have been learning for 10 years! Everyone thinks about the modeling.... but all the research behind it, blueprints, configuration, deployments etc..

I have Coral Sea sitting in the drydock right now about 85% complete. Hopefully I can get back to it soon. This has given me a itch to scratch... just have not had the time with all the hustling I am doing in this economy.
    crashAZ- Virtual Navy
    [SIGPIC]http://www.sim-outhouse.net/images/rtwr2013/rtwr2013_sm.png[/SIGPIC]

I hear ya, loud and clear. The Coral Sea would go well in the FS Navy, keep scratchin' that itch.

I apologise if this has been covered elsewhere, but what did you use to get these to fly in formation??

Any pointers welcome.

Many thanks

Andy

The Lad's are ready.

Just some little update renders, still a long way to go with the details.

Best

Michael

Oh my my, this is going to be great too :ernae:

Regards, Rich

It looks wonderful Michael
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Patrick

Angle Deck Essex

I think a 27 Charlie Carrier is a capitol idea. Uss Hancock, or the USS
    Bon Homme Richard, or the Oriskiny "AKA Crispy O"

I did my Viet Nam time on the Bonnie Dick and the Hancock with F-8C
    Mig Killing Crusaders ala VF-24 as an Ordie......:USA-flag:

I retired with 24 years in, been retired 22 years now.

:ernae:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Pentium D 925 3.0Ghz dual core800 MHz FSB, (HP)MB Livermore-GL6, 2GB RAM PC2 4200 DDR 2 533 Mhz, ATI Radeon HD OC 4890 1GB GDDR5, Turbo-Cool 510 ps, Vista SP2 Home 32 bit, MS Sidewinder FF2, REX 2.0

Watch this space, low poly static Crusader soon rendered....naked....with out paint LOL.

VF-24 ehh , checker tails ?, kewl colors.

As far as I can tell there was only four staple attack 27C carriers in Vietnam

Oriskany 10 tours
    Bonnie Dick 6 tours
    Hancock 9 tours
    Tico 5 tours + 2 CVS ( anti sub )

Two others did one tour as CVA

Intrepid 1 tour + 2 CVS but not AS aircraft, oddly attack aircraft but still CVS not CVA.
    Shangri La 1 tour

The others served only as Anti sub tours with helos and Stoofs.

The model I opted for are the three odd balls with the different elevator layout, Intrepid, Tico, Hancock, all three are very similar until Intrepid converted to CVS, so I'll probably opt for either Hancock or Tico, Bonnie Dick and Oriskany would require some large changes to the ship model to be authentic.

I've still yet to go through all the color plates for each Sqn and pick the right ones, that alone is a mine field in its self LOL.

Thanks for the comments, always pleased to hear from Vets who deployed, adds that personal touch...I think so any way.

Best

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by tipton123 View Post
    I think a 27 Charlie Carrier is a capitol idea. Uss Hancock, or the USS
    Bon Homme Richard, or the Oriskiny "AKA Crispy O"

I did my Viet Nam time on the Bonnie Dick and the Hancock with F-8C
    Mig Killing Crusaders ala VF-24 as an Ordie......:USA-flag:

I retired with 24 years in, been retired 22 years now.

Addendum, hmm something not feeling right here ?, few little bits to add and an attempt to lower the poly count a little more, looks like a Crusader but doesnt yet 'feel' like a Crusader....will sleep on it for a few days, perhaps too close and too intense a modeling session to see the wood clearly from the trees .

Best

Michael

They look like Crusaders to me, just need a little paint.

martinsd

Carriers

Would realy like to see some of the Mid-Sixty and seventy carriers that you can land on and take off

could be a hairy proposition if this vid is anything to go by

----> http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=6ef_1238364121

ttfn

Pete

Warsaw, Poland, Europe, Earth, Solar system, Milky way, Universe
    When it be in water

What he said!

Hey Michael, is this one permanently in dry dock?!

Regards,

expat
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    What he said!

Hey Michael, is this one permanently in dry dock?!

Regards,

expat
    Not permanently, just waiting for that interest bubbles cyclic return , along with the straight deck ones.

Members who have read this thread: 42