Success! Well, now this is different . .

Thread: Success! Well, now this is different . .

Success! Well, now this is different . .

Late comer to P3D, as I was to FSX years ago. Initial 21 days to download shrunk to 2 or so and today it decided where to install itself (no option seen) on my C drive which is an SSD (good) but may get a bit crowded later. But you have recently indicated I can park bits of it on different drives. For now I have a nice stable install to get acclimated.

Initial impressions: just smooth as silk immersion City! Much more like flying IRL. But I now have a whole bunch of questions + answers here will mean more and I don't want to irritate all of you!

Initial fps is 80-90 so I need to slow it down with more graphics detail. Please suggest some good "recommended P3D settings guides" if there are any.

One request: what % magnification is best for a wide (24 inch) screen? I find this crucial and often messes up the perspective for bush/carrier/short field approaches when I have it set wrong. In FSX I pull it up to 100% for carrier ops and then shift the vc back until the seat back gets in the way . . That is optimal. But this seems like a different scale.

Scenery (to me) looks awful. But I never "got" photo real scenery. Now I have FTX Global and Vector on the PC - how I should best import into P3D as that should make a difference.

Thanks to all. This is fun!

expat
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

FTX Central 3 of course. The latest version will detect P3D 4, and install anything in your OrbX account that is P3D 4 ready. The airports are waiting for the object flow module to be updated to 64 bit.
    Sue

Thanks Sue!
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Just one note. Default P3D is not photoreal. It is landclass the same as fs9 and fsx.

You didn't accidentally install Aerofly instead did you?
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

Well sure looks to me like photo real. I guess it shows how much better FTX Global and vector looks than the default scenery . .

ahhhh thats the default airport im assuming youre talking about?

But Scott is right, the textures are no different to vanilla FSX, its not photo real in anyway except the default airport thats a portover from FSX

just save your flight else where and set it as default

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    One request: what % magnification is best for a wide (24 inch) screen? I find this crucial and often messes up the perspective for bush/carrier/short field approaches when I have it set wrong. In FSX I pull it up to 100% for carrier ops and then shift the vc back until the seat back gets in the way . . That is optimal. But this seems like a different scale.
    expat
    That sounds right, if you're using the wideview option. I sometimes go back a bit to 90%, but anything less distorts the perspective. Just watching youtube video of peoples approaches using zoom at 30 and 40% makes me laugh sometimes.

Members who have read this thread: 0