Hungarian F1 Grand Prix.

Thread: Hungarian F1 Grand Prix.

Hungarian F1 Grand Prix.

Although the race was boring, the thing happening outside the race were interesting. Verstappen drove his team mate Ricciardo out of the race. The interview on Dutch television with Ricciardo when he arrived back in the pits was quite interesting. He didn't give the press much room to make up their own story, but nevertheless they did.....
    Clear and audible team orders for the riders from Mercedes and Renault. A faster Raikkonen who drove the whole race on shooting distance behind his team mate and obviously was not allowed to attack him (although this was not said over the radio).

Although young mr verstappen definitely went in too fast and could be blamed for the accident, I couldn't really see a major difference with actions done by Bottas in Azerbaijan en Spain. Nevertheless the judges decided to issue a 10 seconds time penalty this time. For other riders today who did similar things they didn't. I do not yet know whether it is something against Red Bull or Verstappen or just in favour of Mercedes....

As said things outside the racing track were more interesting than on the track.

Cheers,
    Huub

Icon2

Internally with in Red Bull, Max will be alright as he's Red Bull's "chosen one"
    But IMHO, Ricciardo is not one to underestimated by Red Bull leadership.....Especially if a position at Ferrari opens up.....

It takes a lot to upset Daniel but I think he might be having a serious 'chat' with young Mr. Verstappen behind the support vehicles.

While I understand the 'Kids' frustration at having a poor season, trying to win a race at turn 1 doesn't work, taking out your team mate is the cardinal sin, and from what I caught of the body language Daniel displayed in his brief discussion with Herr Marko he was certainly pissed!
    The possible Ferrari seat for 2018 might be at the top of his 'to do list'.
    He can certainly handle Vettell as we have already seen.

Huub, decisions will differ from race to race as the 'Driving Standards Steward' is always different, former F1 drivers in most cases and some are very good while others are abysmal!
    Derek Warwick was on duty last weekend and he is 'Old School' excellent.
    The less said about Nigel Mansell the better.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by wombat666 View Post
    He can certainly handle Vettell as we have already seen.
    Excellent point & another reason why folks shouldn't write of Ricciardo as the #2 Red Bull driver. Ricciardo has shown he can beat Max also.
    And if SEB has anything to say, he probably won't have Ricciardo as teammate.

And SEB probably doesn't want Max as a teammate either. Which brings us to who runs Ferrari, SEB or Ferrari?

Members who have read this thread: 0