Todays Frustrating Problem.

Thread: Todays Frustrating Problem.

Todays Frustrating Problem.

I decided to reload FSX 'Gold' today (some things just work in it!) and all went as per normal until I inserted the Acceleration disc.
    Twice it told me I need to install it into an 'English' version of FSX.
    Removed FSX, dug out backup 'Gold' package, same bloody result.
    This makes absolutely no sense at all, I have two FSX Gold packages and both are the genuine article, both have worked fine previously and all discs are unblemished.
    Any ideas would be most welcome!!!
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Are the second discs somehow swapped set to set? I'm no expert on the licensing, but I would think MS would find a way to make you scratch your head/punch your computer and that just might do it. Anyway, worth a try.

What operating system are you on (i.e. Win 7, 8, 10 or some other flavour like Mac OSX or Linux) and are you running the installer(s) as an administrator if on a Windows system?
    Larry

Thanks for the suggestions team.
    Can't mix up the discs as they have contrasting designs printed on each set.
    One I purchased not long after FSX escaped MS and the other around 2010 at a sale courtesy of JB HiFi, A$15:00.
    I'm running on Win7 64 Ultimate, have been doing so for a very long time.
    There might be some sort of a clue that has turned up, out of sheer irritation I decided to load ORBX into the non-accelerated FSX, with absolutely no result.
    After a little digging I found ORBX had installed in 'FSX' under my Steam Apps folder ................................
    It crossed my mind that Dovetail are a 'European' operation, not that should make a difference.
    Currently I'm searching the system for any trace of FSX:SE, or even just FSX.
    A dreary project but it might do the business, FWIW I only use FSX to run ORBX Australia, as P3D is chock full of every other piece of ORBX scenery I own.
    I will post the results if I am successful in case it strikes any other unfortunate.

Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Could it be something as simple as the keyboard language has been altered by mistake? Sometimes happens to me that it goes from English to French Canadian and only reveals itself when I try and type the symbols as they are in a different place otherwise you would never know.
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

I gave up out of frustration after checking through the suggestions from the always helpful team.
    Thanks all.
    As an interim measure I just reloaded FSX-SE.
    It's mainly so I can install those aircraft that only recognise FSX, which I then transfer to P3D.........

If that is the case, you only need a copy of fsx.exe in your
    P3D root folder and they will install direct into it.
    Regards,
    Nick

Members who have read this thread: 0