FSX Aircraft into FSX:SE install issue

Thread: FSX Aircraft into FSX:SE install issue

SOH-CM-2020

FSX Aircraft into FSX:SE install issue

Hi Guys,

I'm running FSX:SE and for a while I've been flying my FS9 Carenado Cessna 185 with only a few minor visual issues.

Today I thought I'd shout myself the FSX C185F Skywagon Bush.

There wasn't a specific one for FSX:SE so I purchased the FSX one.

But it won't install because it can't find FSX.

Is there a way around this?

Thanks,

Pete.

Well, I don't have any payware, so I can't speak to the Carendo installer specifically, but most installers have a way to select the folder you can install to manually. SO, two possibilities present themselves to my little pea-brain: 1) direct it to the Steam FSX folder manually, or 2) direct it to temp folder someplace, and manually copy it over your-self. Maybe, if you have to, direct it to a "pretend" FSX folder you created to make the installer happy, in place of a temp folder, and copy it over your-self. Like if it only looks in C:\Program Files\FSX then make one up. Be real careful about putting anything in that folder, though. Windows has some real bad personal problems allowing people to do ANYthing to files in it. Most especially Win10, so be careful.
    If it absolutely has to "see" the FSX folder for it's self, you may have to change the entry for FSX in your registry. There is a program that's supposed to do this, but I'll be darned if I know what it is, never having needed it myself.
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    USMC, 10 years proud service.
    Inactive now...

Quote Originally Posted by PeteHam View Post
    Hi Guys,

I'm running FSX:SE and for a while I've been flying my FS9 Carenado Cessna 185 with only a few minor visual issues.

Today I thought I'd shout myself the FSX C185F Skywagon Bush.

There wasn't a specific one for FSX:SE so I purchased the FSX one.

But it won't install because it can't find FSX.

Is there a way around this?

Thanks,

Pete.
    You normally just need to point the installer to your FSX SE installation folder which is in within your Steam Folder. All Steam games are installed inside - Steam\steamapps\common. Therefore your FSX should be Steam\steamapps\common\FSX.

What you will need to know is where your Steam folder is. The default is C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\ but you may of selected a custom folder on a different drive.
    i9-10900k @ 5GHz | 32GB DDR4 3600MHz C16 | ROG Strix RTX 3080 Ti O12G Gaming
    i7-4790k @ 4GHz | 32GB DDR3 2133MHz | AORUS GTX 1080 Ti Xtreme Edition 11G
    Win 10 Pro 22H2 x64 | GeForce 552.12 WHQL | Oculus Rift CV1 & S | Acer Predator XB281HK G-Sync 4K | Saitek X52 | T.Flight Rudder Pedals | MS Sidewinder FF2 | FS9, FSX, FSX SE, P3D V2, V3, V4, V5, V6, FSW, XP 10.51, XP 11.55, XP 12.0.9-rc-5, AFS2, AFS4, FlyInside FS, DCS, MSFS

SOH-CM-2020
    Thanks for your replies.

Unfortunately the Carenado 185 .exe doesn't have the option of selecting the install path.

I tried making a new FSX folder ( C:\Program Files\FSX ) and copy the FSX .exe from the main FSX:SE folder but that didn't work.

Pete.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ss1134.jpg  

Been downloading these no path .. To desk top..almost always no problem with manual install..

Grab the FSX registry utility- here- https://www.tweakfs.com/store/free_tools.php. Point the registry to the Steam FSX location.
    Everything will find it then.
    Sue

SOH-CM-2020
    Quote Originally Posted by Penzoil3 View Post
    Grab the FSX registry utility- here- https://www.tweakfs.com/store/free_tools.php. Point the registry to the Steam FSX location.
    Everything will find it then.
    Sue

Thanks Sue

That did the trick.

Strange though because when I entered the FSX:SE path it confirmed it was already there ??? just another weird thing.

Thanks again to all who helped.

Pete.

You're most welcome. Glad it's working.
    Sue

Members who have read this thread: 0