Milton and team's XP54 native released - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Milton and team's XP54 native released

Milton and team... Great job! Works in P3Dv4 as well! I'm going to make some bumps for it, as well as speculars. I just love this type of aircraft. We don't have enough of them of this quality. I highly recommend the book "Experimental & Prototype US Air Force Jet Fighters" By Jenkins and Landis from Specialty press. Features this aircraft among many others.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Quote Originally Posted by 000rick000 View Post
    Milton and team... Great job! Works in P3Dv4 as well! I'm going to make some bumps for it, as well as speculars. I just love this type of aircraft. We don't have enough of them of this quality. I highly recommend the book "Experimental & Prototype US Air Force Jet Fighters" By Jenkins and Landis from Specialty press. Features this aircraft among many others.
    Oh wow! That's great to hear Rick. I look forward to that.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Fuselage bumps created and look ok... Need a little more definition... But I've refined my pri cess and can create then very quickly now! Should be done by tomorrow with the while aircraft!
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Fuselage bumps created and look ok... Need a little more definition... But I've refined my pri cess and can create then very quickly now! Should be done by tomorrow with the while aircraft!
    Ah, sounds great Rick :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Blog Entries
    Great news Rick.

This plane is already getting lots of flight time around Muroc. Will keep getting more ...

First pass. Fuselage only. I'm going to refine it just a bit more but I'm really pleased thus far. Note: I've not done anything otherwise to the textures at all, and I've only put in a very rough standby spec just to give a working contrast to the bumps and breakup the alpha that is included in the original textures.

MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Great! Was hoping someone would jump on this one for bumps and specs as I think it will add to the visuals immensely. Thank you Rick.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

I've gone ahead and used the paint kit to create a new paint free aluminum. Still refining. Still just fusealge...alsi I Haven't touched the spinner yet either.... Way too reflective ATM...

MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Blog Entries
    Wow Rick - stunning. Definitely going to be my scenery spotter during my KEDW / NACA build.

Which is an interesting segwey to acknowledging a big thanks to Milt for this and the other interesting birds like the XP-72. The period of exploring the final stages of what was possible with piston engines, before the jet and rocket periods of the 50s and onward. These projects are far more than the sum of their parts - thanks Milt, and thanks Rick et al for the improvements, repaints, etc.

dl

That is some fine looking bare metal there Rick. Polishing all that must be extremely tiring on the arms. :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Thanks gentlemen. The paint kit is right up my alley, put together, the way I would do one myself! So it s been very easy work flow so far! Just getting used to the texture sheets and what pieces are what... Didn't have as much time as I thought I would... Forgot about my daughter's soccer practice today.... Go figure I'm The coach too! Lol. Vacation does that to your brain!
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Thanks for this gem Milton. I also installed the XP54 into P3D v4 and all seems well. Looking forward to Rick's visual improvements. Thanks all!
    Jay
    USNR-Ret; Former Airline Migratory Worker; Builder, Owner, Operator RV-8 N817J
    Comp Spec - ASRock Steel Legend WiFi M/B, Ryzen 7 5800X, RX 6900 XT, 32GB RAM, M2 SSD for DCS, SATA SSD for MSFS2020

*Bump* How's progress Rick?
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Sorry gents, had my parents come into town for the last week. But, here's the progress report. I've got the bumps complete for the Fuselage and LH wing. They look great. I just haven't had the time to replicate efforts to the final 2 textures. But once I do it will be quick. I'm creating another base metal skin in concert. I'm also creating custom speculars as well. The paint kit is superb. And I've had to create very little from scratch. Just targeted manipulation of the great kit!
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Quote Originally Posted by rvn817j View Post
    Thanks for this gem Milton. I also installed the XP54 into P3D v4 and all seems well. Looking forward to Rick's visual improvements. Thanks all!
    You are indeed welcome Sir! Happy to hear it goes well for you in V4.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

I'm using it exclusively in P3Dv4 well Milton. She looks great!
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

I'm using it exclusively in P3Dv4 well Milton. She looks great!

That's great Rick; thanks for the confirmation. Must be magic or something. :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Had a small time today...refined left Wing a little more. WIP. getting there!

MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Looks very awesome Rick! The metal textures look like the real thing. I really enjoy flying this bird around KEDW!
    Jay
    USNR-Ret; Former Airline Migratory Worker; Builder, Owner, Operator RV-8 N817J
    Comp Spec - ASRock Steel Legend WiFi M/B, Ryzen 7 5800X, RX 6900 XT, 32GB RAM, M2 SSD for DCS, SATA SSD for MSFS2020

Thank you! Hopefully I'll get a chance to work on this this week. I've been slow to get back into the swing since vacation ending.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

This is one of the most realistic repaints I have ever seen. You are really a master of metallic surfaces, Rick. My sincere compliments.

Cheers,
    Mark
    My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

Thanks Mark. Before I got the RH side started, I'be decided to start experimenting with some details...

MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Frankly, the smudge look is okay but when it looks grainy, its not realistic to me. Gradual, smudgy, faded, or oxidized is good.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

I think the issue is the screenshot Milton...my settings in v4 are grainy and I haven't been able to clear it up. Something that has been super annoying to me! In Photoshop it is smooth...I was noticing that many of my textures in P3Dv4 have been skiing up grainy...I need to spend more time in it trying to solve it.
    Unless you see that too... In which case I'll have to recalibrate my vision!
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

I think the issue is the screenshot Milton...my settings in v4 are grainy and I haven't been able to clear it up. Something that has been super annoying to me! In Photoshop it is smooth...I was noticing that many of my textures in P3Dv4 have been skiing up grainy...I need to spend more time in it trying to solve it.
    Unless you see that too... In which case I'll have to recalibrate my vision!
    Ah, okay, sorry to hear that Rick. Keep with it; progress is good. :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Members who have read this thread: 0