Some BoF (Era 1) Missions Crash to Desktop

Thread: Some BoF (Era 1) Missions Crash to Desktop

Some BoF (Era 1) Missions Crash to Desktop

Hello All,
    I'm new to CFS3, very new to ETO, and just arrived at this Forum. I have everything installed and working up through ETO Rev 1.4.

Unfortunately, I find that some of the historical Missions will not launch. I can select the Mission, and bring up the Briefing, but when I click on "Fly" the program screen freezes for several seconds (although the music keeps playing) then a Windows message comes up reading:

"Microsoft Flight Simulator 3 has stopped working." Helpful as ever, Microsoft offers this detailed explanation for the stoppage: "A problem has caused the program to stop working properly." Well, OK then, "a problem" mystery solved!

Thus far, I have only tried opening the first 24 Historical Missions in Era 1. Eight of the 24 fail to open as described, every time on repeated tries -- at least this gremlin is a consistent bugger. This glitch also occurred at my Rev 1.2 install with the same eight Mission files. I went on to the Rev 1.4 install under the time honored approach of, Why not? Maybe it will self-correct with the 1.4 update. No luck, but still consistent.

I am running Windows 10 on a good machine. CFS3 works fine. ETO Quick Combat works fine using the same aircraft in the non-working Mission files. I have tried turning UAC to zero, and setting graphic quality to the default level 2 (although, for the Missions that work, my performance is great at level 4). Same results opening the same eight mission files.

Any thoughts?

SOH-CM-2020
    Try these two things, update to ETO 1.50, taking care that everything is set to Era 1, then delete the uisel.xml file from your username/AppData/Roaming/Microsoft/your install name pathway. You will need to have made the AppData folder visible to see its contents.

Maybe the Missions in ETO 1.50 are better set up. I know I enjoy the French tank missions in Era 1.

HTH,

re-member,remem-ma-member popsaka's Avatar
    BTW, welcome to SOH and CFS3 madness...

Members who have read this thread: 0