P3D Newbie - 21 days to download??!!

Thread: P3D Newbie - 21 days to download??!!

P3D Newbie - 21 days to download??!!

Took the plunge. Not sure I should have though. I know our broadband speed like many rural spots in England is hopelessly slow but this is looking pretty bad. Anyone else find this or have any suggestions?
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Don't try to download the full archive at once.
    It's 12 GB and it's going to take forever. Also my download usually hangs after 6 GB (and 7 hours....).
    Instead, click on the "+Individual Components" line to get the download links to smaller packages (max 2 GB, much easier to download).

Right. Trying that now. Many thanks. First of many instalments says "only" 2 days left!
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Hmmmm... in you shoes I'd grab a USB stick and head to a friend's placd with better service. 21 days? I can get it in about 21 minutes and my service provider is far from the best.
    Your English is better than my French, German, Italian, Spanish.... so no worries my friends!

you read my mind!

Glad I live in a major urban area with really good service...
    Expect banging, belching and an occasional manly fart as you roar down the runway at full power. (I have found that the engine can make similar noises)

It took me 12 hours with medium speed DSL. I downloaded one section at a time.
    "Being good is not enough when you dream of being great"
    Author of NEUWUC family of programs

Currently downloading scene5.cab...

Members who have read this thread: 0