Simviation under attack???

Thread: Simviation under attack???

Icon4 Simviation under attack???

I went over to Simviation this morning to look in on the forums and I got a big white banner from my Norton AV stating that the website was listed as dangerous in bright red letters. May be an FP, maybe not but I've never had problems with that site before. Just an FYI.

BB686
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

Might be a false positive IMHO.
    I've had my Firefox and Webroot security warn me off SOH until I added it to trusted sites.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

The site is working just fine here...
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

Hmmm, just tried to go there again... same thing. Reckon I'll dive a little deeper here. Thanks for the replies.

BB686

Avast premium and Malwarebytes both say it is ok.

Cheers Chris.
    Norton used to be renowned for false positves but I thought the new version had cured that.

No problems from Firefox on the main site or forums here.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

I spoke to Pete at Simviation. He said:

"Regarding the 'malware' - this has to do with something at the HJG site which made google associate simviation (also) with 'malware' .... see this thread http://tonymadgehjg.proboards.com/threa ... ttack-page

Together we fixed the problem by removing the offending file at HJG but some users cache was still carrying the warning.
    New folder was created for HJG and asked users there to clear cache or run system scans - so any reports by now are false positives.

Simviation files are all scanned before approval and it had nothing to do with simviation site or files.

I have not heard of any recent reports and we have asked several people who did have a problem to test (in HJG) - all reported OK now.

Hope this helps and thanks for the feedback."

So, for those reporting, clear your cache.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Thanks for the update, Milton. The site, both Simvi and HJG are working fine. Good to know I wasn't loosing my marbles... (yet).

BB686

Members who have read this thread: 0