Windows10 and Aicarriers .Net

Thread: Windows10 and Aicarriers .Net

Windows10 and Aicarriers .Net

Hi,

Is anyone using the .Net version of Aicarriers successfully on a Windows10 system with the CreatorsUpdate (== Windowsversion 1703) installed ???

Some background:
    I have a new PC, with a fresh install on Windows10 (incl. the recent CreatorsUpdate).
    On which I did a fresh install of FSX-Accel.
    Much to my surprise I have my entire FSX working as I had it on my old Windows7 PC, in a few days.
    Including the infamous "PartMgr" patch in the registry to register Accel.

Except: I can't get Aicarriers .Net to run.
    I know this version requires .Net 4.* to be installed, but .Net V4.7 is included in the Creators Update. (you can't install older V4.* .Net versions then, like e.g. with the VisualStudio runtime distributebles).
    But I can't start Aicarriers .Net in any way:
    - Not directly from the Desktop (running it does nothing, no task or windows process is launched)
    - Not auto-started from an EXE.xml (it doesn't popup in the Addon menu).
    So it's NOT a problem with the EXE.xml !!

The only thing I can think of, is that AIcarriers .Net somehow doesn't work with .Net 4.7.
    Someone has this combo working ?? (just curious) Or has other suggestions ?

In the mean time, I reverted back to the old Java version of Aicarriers; which works fine, both when started from the desktop (when FSX is running) or auto-started by FSX via the EXE.xml file.

Rob

Works fine for me, but I have to manually start it after I start P3Dv4. I put a shortcut on my task bar. I could not get it to auto start through the .config file.

Cheers,
    Reggie

I have to tell AI Carriers to start every time when it asks me while FSX-SE is loading.
    Rats - why won't anything work properly first time?

Blog Entries
    It is working for me. I'm also using manual start.

I haven't focused much time on converting non working models yet, but the vanilla installation is at least a foundation.
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Problem solved.

Apperantly .Net wasn't installed properly.
    Via the Windows SW Configuration - Programs function (installed Windows component) .Net V4.7 wasn't activated; now it is.

And AIcarriers .Net works OK now:
    - Auto-loaded by FSX via the EXE.xml
    or
    - Start via the desktop when FSX is allready running.

FYI:
    What DOESN'T work:
    When AIcarriers .Net is loaded via the EXE.file, you cannot spawn a second instance of AICarriers .Net via the desktop.
    Seems a limitation of the AIcarriers .Net; I have the same limitation on my WIndows7 PC.
    With AIcarriers JAVA this IS possible !!

So what I do now:
    - Use AIcarriers .Net, auto-started via the EXE.xml
    - When I need it, start a second (or even third) instance of AIcarriers Java via the desktop.
    And that works perfect ....

Rob

Members who have read this thread: 0