Le coq chante et combat - WIP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Le coq chante et combat - WIP

Le coq chante et combat - WIP

"Le coq chante et combat" ("The cock sings and fights"), motto of the SPA48, a famous WWI French Air Force Squadron. At the beginning of the 30s, it was flying the Nieuport-Delage Ni-D62.
    As a Blender learning project i do my best to create a fsx model of this plane. She was a development of the Ni-D52 build as Hispano-Nieuport in Spain (Barcelona), engine more powerfull and building process less expensive using wood parts. The Hispano-Nieuport was all metal.
    Below some screens of the project (exterior model, raw diffuse textures only without specular, bump etc. to do).

Using two spots to verify the UV-mapping give some strange look for the wings smoothing..

JMC

Very nice! And respect that you are still willing to master a new program

I love your choice to build the Nieuport-Delage, as I love aircraft from this era. Although I must confess, a Dewoitine D.510 would have been very nice as well....... (wishfull thinking )

Cheers,
    Huub

Looking good Gaston!

Cees

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    The empennage on the Nieuport bears a striking resemblance to that on German Albatros fighters of WWI.

With a biplane posibilities are reasonably limited and those day copyright was just a word....... But as the Nieuport-Delage was a metal aircraft is was actually quite different.

Weren't the Rhone, Oberbursel, Clerget, Bentley BR2 all the same engines which more or less only differed in names?

Cheers,
    Huub

Really, Nieuport-Delage said she was a "sesquiplan" because the strong difference in size of the 2 planes. The Nieuport was the backbone of what we could say "fighter command" at the very begining of the 30s. They were sooner replaced by Dewoitine 510 in 1934 and later by Morane 406, Bloch 152 and at the fall of 1939 by Dewoitine 520, the best french fighter of this time.
    The spanish version Hispano-Nieuport is also in the todo list, few differences, mainly the coolers.

JMC

That's a beauty Gaston... love those 20s and 30s biplanes. How are you finding the program to use? I've been planning to learn it myself perhaps with an aircraft like the Bristol Bulldog.

Matt

Thank's ! You can get it here : https://www.blender.org/

Many documentation is avalaible and a must : http://www.fsdeveloper.com/wiki/inde...Toolset_manual.

Many developpers post here in this forum about this.

JMC

Thanks Gaston. Can you recommend any tutorials that are geared to aircraft modelling? I've used fsds, 3D Canvas, and 3DS MAX in the past but blender will be all new to me and I'm looking to minimize the learning curve.

Matt

Hi,

Yes, i like this one : http://www.cdschools.org/cms/lib04/P...dition2011.pdf

Using Blender with the FSX2BLENDER kit is great , i can't go back to Gmax now. This is my first attempt to export in fsx format

JMC

Thanks Gaston... that PDF looks very helpful. Been learning some basic stuff today. Seems a bit counter intuitive at the moment but I can remember feeling that way about some of the other programs I've used... early on.

your model looks amazing cant wait to see it in SIM.

Matt

Nice choice Gaston, very 'Art Deco French'.
    I can think of several contemporary aircraft from that time which would make great companions.

And Huub........."Weren't the Rhone, Oberbursel, Clerget, Bentley BR2 all the same engines which more or less only differed in names?"
    You are just yanking our collective chains here???
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Oops! Yes, very "French art deco". I am working also on a carrier torpedo bomber of this time, biplane, same style, the Levasseur PL101.

I am working texturing this model, lacks bumping but i obtain this :

And in FSX, weather cloudy

JMC
    Last edited by gastonj; July 27th, 2017 at 14:05.

That looks absolutely superb Gaston.

Matt

And now she flies....but it's a long way to final release !

I am working on specific 3D French gauges of this time.

JMC

If you need any beta testers at a later date let me know!

Matt

Perhaps still a long way Gaston, but it looks already very nice

Quote Originally Posted by MDIvey View Post
    If you need any beta testers at a later date let me know!

Matt
    Hi,

Why not, but you have to be patient ... i think the job is 10% done !

JMC

Believe me I know how much work goes into these projects.... many stages there doesn't seem to be much to show for all the hard work.

Matt

Hi,

The beta version is almost complete as shown by these screens below.

2 paints :

"Spa48" 1934 (Paris - Le Bourget)

Navy squadron 3C1 1934 before the transfer to the Air Force (Armée de l'Air)

And finally the actual state of the CV (not really accurate but close to those of the time)

Cheers,
    JMC

Looks great! Looking forward to flying her!
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

That’s good progress, chapeau!
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Hi,

Just some videos showing the beta version flying :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sM5vNXgOZbE (BW)

and (same but col)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4agJ2eBlDDQ

jmc

Hi,

The Hispano-Nieuport ND-52 is quite done :

In colors before the civil war and the same in Spanish Republican colors during the early time of war

JMC

Great work Gaston, really nice to see another aircraft done which doesn't really below the the main stream!

Thanks,
    Huub

Members who have read this thread: 1