Remember 3Dfx?

Thread: Remember 3Dfx?

Icon5 Remember 3Dfx?

Cleaning out the dusty old closet the other day and came across some older computer components (from the days when I was into building them) and found new in the box, or near new I reckon, a 3Dfx VOODOO 5/5500 video card. I remember the PC I was using at the time and I was running a VOODOO 4/4500. I was a firm believer in 3Dfx products and was sad to see them eventually disappear after NVidia bought them out. Those were really the early days of flight simming for me. I had Jane's F-15 and MS CFS2 installed on that old homebuilt computer and it did a pretty fair job of running them both.

BB686
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

I still remember those days because I am still using their products and mine are older than yours.

The Voodoo 3 2000 on my "Game Machine" is still going strong though it has problems displaying some models.
    It always had those problems, so it is nothing new. It is a Windows 2000 machine.

The Voodoo 3 3000 on my old "Development Machine" is starting to have problems and I don't know where to go about finding a replacement.
    This one is actually a Windows 98 SE machine and I hesitate to retire it because it would mean that I would not be able to use some utilities that do not run on the later Operating Systems. Yes, I have tried, but these are probably DOS utilities.

- Ivan.

Still have the Jane's discs for F-15 - wish I could still run it. Almost as in depth as F-16 BMS. Many of Jane's titles were marvellous, same crate I see I still have the Apache Longbow II discs. Back then it was every few weeks and a new sim was released.
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

My (now) lovely wife wanted a Diamond before we got married. So I surprized her with 2. Diamond Stealth video cards that is
    Worked really well for us, but I got the deep impression (from a cast iron frying pan) that wasn't exactly what she meant...

Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    USMC, 10 years proud service.
    Inactive now...

I had one in my rig at the time.
    Here's a shout out for JSF! Loved it!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 958429953.jpg  

I remember 3Dfx and their Voodoo cards! I had one in my Windows 98SE machine. Those were really great cards in their day.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Members who have read this thread: 0