Civillian ships

Thread: Civillian ships

Civillian ships

Hi all,

It's been a long time and I've finally found time for CFS3 again!

I'm just wondering if there are any civilian ships/boats I can use to represent the little ships in the Dunkirk evacuation.

Before I release my BoB series, I'd like to include Dunkirk as I feel it is a very important factor in the Battle of Britain.

If anyone has any information or templates or suggestions, please let me know!

Chris
    :tgun2: :tgun2: M3 fAiL 3nglush thats umpossible!

In theory, you can convert some FS models through the use of Model Converter X and then GMAX. It is relatively simple but there will not be any animations and you will most likely have to adjust the contact points. You will basically have a non-functioning model, but these can be great as static vehicles or window dressing for airfields and such. I have had some success with this in the past. You might also be able to adapt it to other "flight models" of ships to make it function in missions (probably without guns). You will need the original author's blessing of course before uploading.

FS has small boats??

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

I meant conversion in general terms with aircraft and vehicles, but I don't see why ships should be any different. There are some in FSX to be sure, as well as some that have been uploaded by individuals. Granted, most of these are of modern design but there might be a few that would pass as believable. Some models transfer well, while others do not. A lot of it is hit & miss.

Members who have read this thread: 0