Back to St. Bart's

Thread: Back to St. Bart's

Back to St. Bart's

Since leaving my beloved Annuschka behind, I have not taken a trip to St. Bart's. This morning, I was testing a replacement FDE for the MilViz Beaver and was so impressed, that I decided to do my usual Juliana, Bart's, Saba, Juliana rotation in her. The view down the hill was glorious.....

The view looking at whence I came, breathtaking....

It may well be time to bid Prepar3D v3 adieu.....

Best- C

Here's Saba, with it's head poking into the clouds....

Believe it or not, the plan is to land on that postage stamp- carrier quals are a GREAT pre-requisite

A little high.....

And too fast.... not good... going around....

Ok, slowed down and lower this time.... crossed controls, just like my old Champ...

That's better.... we made the turn-off...

That's what we just landed on!

Ok, pick up the couple by the smart car..... and we're headed back to Juliana and a beer.... I think we earned it after that approach!

What scenery please?

Fly Tampa St. Martin Bundle- everything they make is just BRILLIANT!

Best- C

Thank you Sir. I agree, their scenery is tops.

Maho Beach just becoming recognizable in the haze....

There's a Mojito with my name on it, at the Sunset Bar, just over the nose..... by the surfboard...

I normally park just under 300T over at Cargo 2, just below the tower cab. Today, I'm happy to park over here!

If you don't have this part of the world on your sim rig.... it's worth the price of admission- just superb!

Best- Carl

Great pics as always!

Do tell - what's this replacement FDE for the Beaver? Where did you get it? I know MV is working on an update but did not think it was out yet?

He is a Beta Tester for Milviz thats why.

Just teasing us!!!

Cheers Chris

Ah hah! Well Carl, it seems you and I share similar tastes in simulated flight; if you're impressed enough with the new Beaver FDE to replace your beloved Annaschuka, I'd say that bodes very well. Thanks for posting!

Actually, I do not test for MilViz or for Fly Tampa.... just a customer. I enjoyed the flight enough to share- that's all. A friend is helping me tweak a bit so that I can live with my decision to fully replace v3... in fact I uninstalled it today... so I really need a small airframe to love....

Thanks for the kind words Andrew.

Best- Carl

Wrong again.

Sorry Carl,I was confusing your testing for PMDG with my wait for the new Milviz STOL model etc.

I agree about the scenery,my favourite playground.

Cheers Chris
    Last edited by speedy70; July 23rd, 2017 at 14:48.

No worries Chris... my heart belongs to the 744, but I do love change, occasionally.

Truth be told, I enjoy flight- period. Real or simulated, large or small, I enjoy it all.

Best- C

Is that P3D 4 then ? The Fly Tampa St Martins is nice, didn't know it was P3D 4 ready...
    Sue

Sue-

Martin has step-by-step directions for each airport. They all work in v4 BEAUTIFULLY. I will update with his new installers, but for now they work with add-on.xmls just fine....

HTH- C

I'll wait for the installers. I've heard bad things about the add-on.xml procedures.
    Thanks

Members who have read this thread: 0