Sm84cfs2

Thread: Sm84cfs2

Sm84cfs2

Hi All;

I've been away for a long time. I thought I'd try an older campaign to get my feet wet again. I'm installing the Fleet Air Arm campaigns, in particular the Med campaign. I have all the aircraft installed and working perfectly..........except for the SM84. I must be missing something here. I've been at this for the last couple of hours and can't get this aircraft to show up in the game. When I choose it from the menu it doesn't show up and instead I get a message telling me that the game can't show the model. I've tried just about everything. I've switched model files, no dice. I've switched air files, no dice. I've switched textures, no dice. I've re-downloaded and installed it three times, no dice. I've only installed the aircraft required for the campaign so don't have too many airplanes. I'm stumped.

Any help getting this working would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Cheers,
    Great to be here......great to be anywhere

Icon28 Reply...

Alpha_1,

I hope this doesn't involve a head slap, but there is something that can easily be overlooked here. When Bismarck13 uploaded this aircraft, (and only God knows why) he put the model folder and file in a separate folder.

When you unpack the .zip file, there are two folders..."Program Files" and "SM84cfs2." The model file needs to be taken out of the "Program Files" folder from that download (it's several folders deep) and placed in the model folder inside the sm84 aircraft folder where the model folder (and the .cfg file inside it) are. I'm almost 100% sure that's what's causing your issue.
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Yikes!........

A headslap would undoubtedly have helped. I was doing it very wrong. I had the right idea, but was not paying attention. You've solved the problem for me on one score, thank you very much. It now shows up in the game menu. I chose it, clicked on 'fly now' and wham, I got a crash. I went back in and tried again but the aircraft had disappeared again. I've not had a crash with any other planes, btw. I removed the files, then replaced them fresh and tried one more time. Same result,
    The plane shows up but crashes my game. This has really got me scratchin' ma wee head now.

Any ideas? I really don't have anything against the Italians, honest, though I might if I can't figure this out, heh-heh. Just an afterthought.......could the 'realistic' air files be the problem?

Cheers,

[edit]........nope, it's not that either. I'm going to try the plane in a different install and see what's what. I've gotta crash, m'man. It's been a long day. Thanks again for your help.

Scenery

I tried the aircraft in a completely different install and all went well. This leads me to believe that I have an issue with scenery in this current install. I'm going to experiment today and see what's what.

Cheers,

There's something not right with the panel folder. Most likely a gauge. In the install where it doesn't load, exchange the panel folder with another or alias it in the panel .cfg.

Hi Slats......

Thanks for checkin' in. Gawd, I hope that's the problem. The new sceneries are fantastic and I enjoy the very much. The thought of going back to basics and reinstalling the works is daunting to say the least.

I'll let ya know. I'm gonna swap the panel folder out.

Cheers,

nailed it..........

That was the problem. Problem fixed. Many thanks to you and Rami. It's good to be in touch with you guys again.

Thanks again, men.

Cheers,

That's good news Alpha, and you are welcome.

Members who have read this thread: 0