FSX PMDG DC-6 to be released today...
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: FSX PMDG DC-6 to be released today...

FSX PMDG DC-6 to be released today...

From the mouth of Robert Randazzo himself...

Posted 10 hours ago
    For tonight, I am going to take a break from the constant work and announcements related to product conversions for Prepar3D v4, and instead focus on something new and truly incredible from the development team here at PMDG- namely our upcoming new product release, the PMDG DC-6 Cloudmaster for FSX, FSX-SE, Prepar3D v3 and Prepar3D v4.

We are planning to turn her over to you later today, and we wanted to give you a really nice look at what you are getting!

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/5...es-and-flying/
    -Mark

Looking forward to hearing from the members here, once she’s released- I think she will become a much beloved stable-mate in our community of Historic Aviation buffs. She’s magical in her immersion and intracies.

Best- C

It's out !!

http://www.precisionmanuals.com/Prod...&idcategory=13

Got it on the tarmac (P3D) but too exited to say anything else...

I'll report back later

Cheers,
    Jan

Jan-

Our own Alex Metzger did the FDE and he really made her shine!

I love our C-47, but this old girl is simply STUNNING!

I can’t wait to hear what you think- being in awe of your talents.

Best- C

I can hardly believe it is really released...... I think the development of this model took at least twice as long as the development of the real thing! (And probably even more..... )

Enjoy it Jan, I know your have been waiting for this moment

Cheers,
    Huub

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    It's out !!

http://www.precisionmanuals.com/Prod...&idcategory=13

Got it on the tarmac (P3D) but too exited to say anything else...

I'll report back later

Cheers,
    Jan
    Hi Jan,get it alsotest at moment,nice plane.........
    Have fun!!!
    cheers Ralf

Well, i'm still gobsmacked, guys....

I rounded up a few words to thank PMDG for this wonder on their own forum, something like almighty, miraculous, astounding, leading, matchless, timeless, heavenly, exciting, noble, aberrant, exceptional, luxurious, magical, gorgeous, smashing, staggering vertiginous. Or, in a nutshell, outrageously beautiful inside and out.

This is really, really, no doubt about it a proplinerlover dream come true. Can't get any better than this. Period.

Must say these 4 plus years of waiting ( and not to forget the initial release for XPlane... Grrrrrr...) were sometimes quite disheartening but that feeling was swept away instantly and totally when i finally could virtually walk up to this enchanting beauty, enter the cockpit and ask my flight engineer to bring the engines to live. With his help we even did a few circuits around the field and boy oh boy what amazing experience that turned out to be ! ( better not ask about the landing... we made it still alive.... that's all...) She's all i kinda expected and hoped for only 10 times more !!

I say again T H A N K S A M I L L I O N, P M D G !!

One teensy weensy thingy i do miss : the tooltips. Although i'm almost sure that won't be a matter of importance anymore within a week.

My all time FS dream has come true, gents, dunno about you but if you're a propliner fan you simply can't do without this diamond gem.

Cheers,
    Jan

I'm going to get this one for P3Dv4 after I get my new system up and running. Can hardly wait!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Icon14

My all time FS dream has come true, gents, dunno about you but if you're a propliner fan you simply can't do without this diamond gem.
    Well said, Jan! I couldn't agree more with you

We have waited almost 5,5 years for this aircraft. But it was well worth the wait

Greetings
    Tim
    Greetings
    Tim

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

Two questions for those who jump into this one, which I am sorely tempted to but:

1) The specs suggest it wants a high end PC so my old Win7 setup with only 3GHZ and a slow video card may struggle (They suggest OOM issues unless your using a 64 bit system) so I would appreciate some feedback on this area if any one can.

2) There are heaps of repaints about but as far as I can see they are all for X-Plane and I presume an X-Plane livery or skin cannot be ported across to FSX? Any ideas on that?

I am sorely tempted but not sure for no other reason than can my system cope with a PMDG product? and well you know how it is, 'She who must be obeyed' is not going to wear a new PC not at this point of time not unless this one has an accident. OH yeah and you know what is going to happen now? Yep Flight Replicas will release the DC-4 and I am going to be stuck in the 1950's for ever.

BendyFlyer,
    My specs are slightly better than yours - see below - but on my midrange machine the DC-6 poses no significant struggles. Granted, none of my graphics sliders are maxed out. I run most of my FSX sliders at medium to medium-high settings...but I'd venture to say if you're able to run any other PMDG or similar "high end" planes with your current setup/settings, this one should pose no problem.

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
    Intel Core i3-2120 CPU @ 3.30Ghz, 6.0GB RAM, Intel HD Graphics
    Regarding repaints: there are 29 FSX liveries available for the DC-6 through the PMDG Operations Center. The Ops Center installs automatically when you install any PMDG plane, and allows one-step download/install of liveries. Hope this helps.

Good luck!
    -Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Tim-HH View Post
    Well said, Jan! I couldn't agree more with you

We have waited almost 5,5 years for this aircraft. But it was well worth the wait

Greetings
    Tim
    Wasn't it, Tim !!

Still can't believe it, really.... Hey! Did you find my socks by any chance ??....

We're sittin pretty, aren't we ! ( i have changed to P3Dv4...Totally amazing!)

Cheers,
    Jan

Looks very, very nice, but I just can't afford it right now! Maybe someday.... NC

Quote Originally Posted by mgchrist5 View Post
    BendyFlyer,
    My specs are slightly better than yours - see below - but on my midrange machine the DC-6 poses no significant struggles. Granted, none of my graphics sliders are maxed out. I run most of my FSX sliders at medium to medium-high settings...but I'd venture to say if you're able to run any other PMDG or similar "high end" planes with your current setup/settings, this one should pose no problem.
    Regarding repaints: there are 29 FSX liveries available for the DC-6 through the PMDG Operations Center. The Ops Center installs automatically when you install any PMDG plane, and allows one-step download/install of liveries. Hope this helps.

Good luck!
    Thanks for the info, yes probably be fine, I detune my FSX similarly to you but as I do a lot of water flying or uninhabited areas it does not matter that much. I run the Captain Sim jets without any problems (except like everybody else in FSX, full blown bad weather into a large city somewhere always gives it the jitters, so this beastie should not be a problem my system is 64 bit. It will have to wait for a bit, too many other things on the run at the moment.

I am surprised that the rush to do paints and screenies seems a bit slow, guess there is a lot of learning to do for some folks.

I agree with your last thought , is everyone deep in "study Mode" with this new a/c or are you all still on the fence prior to buying ?

Several web sites I've come across have mixed reviews ( typical I suppose ), me thinks I"II call a "missed approach" till I see more feed back.

Not a big fan of massive "start up" procedures, is there Quick start button to getch ya rolling sooner than later ?

Cheers for now

Quote Originally Posted by ncooper View Post
    Yes but if you are "not a big fan of massive "start up" procedures" and you
    want a DC 6, Just Flight do one that would probably be more to your liking.

Out of interest, what are the "mixed" reviews, too expensive, too good or
    just the usual from those who don't have it being the loudest and most
    informed critics?

Good point, didn't think of Just Flight !

Couple of comments were about the start process and another were the engine sounds just after the start up when in idle ?? another simmer thought they could of added the "shake and rattle" tweak during takeoff ( like the rock and roll Carenado includes in there takeoff roll's ) Haven't heard anybody grump about the price.

Cheers

FWIW you can press one button, and have her turning 4 ready to taxi..... don't let her complexities scare you off.... you can start out very simply and stop using the built-in aids at your pace.

Just one opinion.... I'm aware that there may be many more.....

Best- Carl
    Last edited by cavaricooper; July 23rd, 2017 at 16:38.

... now were cookin, just what I want to hear.

Thank you Carl

I don't really understand why would anybody buy a PMDG aircraft just to start it automatically with one button. What's the point ?
    For the simmers who are not interested in realism and detail, the JustFlight DC-6 is a much more affordable choice. And it's frequently on sales, too

The point is simple. Not everybody wants to flick every switch to make something work and if the ability is there for them to get it turning and burning with one click.. they'll cough up their $60 in order to enjoy the best model available. It makes complete sense for PMDG or any other dev to offer a 'quick start' function as it will widen the appeal and generate more sales. By all means make something technically superior but make it accessible to the masses too PMDG appear to have done both so hats off to 'em

ATB
    DaveB

Quote Originally Posted by BendyFlyer View Post
    Thanks for the info, yes probably be fine, I detune my FSX similarly to you but as I do a lot of water flying or uninhabited areas it does not matter that much. I run the Captain Sim jets without any problems (except like everybody else in FSX, full blown bad weather into a large city somewhere always gives it the jitters, so this beastie should not be a problem my system is 64 bit. It will have to wait for a bit, too many other things on the run at the moment.

I am surprised that the rush to do paints and screenies seems a bit slow, guess there is a lot of learning to do for some folks.
    its because there is no FSX/P3D paintkit and there are some differences between the xplane and P3D version

Quote Originally Posted by BendyFlyer View Post
    You're quite right about that. But a few screenies can be arranged nevertheless, be it from P3Dv4. Afraid i haven't got anything else anymore... ;-)

Cheers,
    Jan

A couple more :

Cheers,
    Jan

Thanks for these beautiful screenshots Jan, the model looks absolutely beautiful. I only think the KLM logo on the nose is a bit stretched

Can you post some of the VC as well?

Thanks in advance,
    Huub

You're quite right about that. But a few screenies can be arranged nevertheless, be it from P3Dv4. Afraid i haven't got anything else anymore... ;-)

Cheers,
    Jan

Jan-

As of yesterday, I'm in the same boat as you...... Prepar3D v4 is it..... fantastic!

C

Members who have read this thread: 1