MovieUI and opening scenario

Thread: MovieUI and opening scenario

MovieUI and opening scenario

having some issues with no plane and just a whirring scenery behind the pilot and crates. Anyone know what files determine the movie ui and/or starting page?

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

James.

I am still inexperienced in this matter.

It has happened to me when I select the aircraft and then the load.

If the required load is not available in the weapons file the aircraft does not appear and the scenery flies by.

It could be just me but that how it occurs with me

James.

I am still inexperienced in this matter.

It has happened to me when I select the aircraft and then the load.

If the required load is not available in the weapons file the aircraft does not appear and the scenery flies by.

It could be just me but that is how it occurs with me.

No that's not it unfortunately. Trying to upload avi file but no luck so far as too big. It's definitely in the movieUI (AFAIK anyway )

Back to this. I now have on all Era and Tow installs (my total 10 day and night eras) and can't find the answer as to what file controls this. I have compared qclocations and cutscenes for this install and my clean ETO install and don't see the difference; I have even put the 'clean' file in the TOW install and still no change. What is the controlling file and issue(s)?

Try setting ShowUIWorld="false" in the game.xml. Then check the menu selection entries in the QC selector. You're looking for something like the location or the aircraft saying [-] to indicate that the program can't find the requested file. Usually setting it to something that has a real entry lets you reset ShowUIWorld="true" and start without the error next time.

I would also double check my pylons, weapons, and sound files again just to be sure.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Interesting! When changed to "false" of course the UImovie didn't show. If you mean the QC selector in the game then neither location nor ac said [-]. However I noticed I couldn't start on any runway but only at my last height. Changed back to ShowUIWorld="true" and got whirring UI again but also couldn't start on runway. Used Tangmere, Biggin Hill, Manston, and Scampton with 1939 Hurri.

Also without UI I can only exit game through ingame menu, not Ctrl Shift Q which I can do with the UI on.

I think this comes from a mismatch between the gsl and the qclocations, but I don't recall the details.

Quote Originally Posted by gecko View Post
    I think this comes from a mismatch between the gsl and the qclocations, but I don't recall the details.
    I think you're on the right track there. Just did a quick check that Tangmere was in the cutscenes and then went to Global layer and re used the CFS3 Terrain SDK Global layer bat to get Era 1 gsl and lib files. Now got a steady base in the Ui. Will check others tomorrow.

I also have founf that some era gsl.lib files were 0 Kb which may have been when I made the original csv files but we will see with more tests.

Members who have read this thread: 0