New Carriers..? - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: New Carriers..?

Quote Originally Posted by dhasdell View Post
    I've installed the Reagan now, but get the same problem with the lift. It works, but my a/c falls through it, though it comes to rest at hangar level and can be rolled inside. To get back up to the deck I have to use the "Go To" function on the RFN gauge, which isn't ideal!

To use the RFN gauge I've edited the RFN_Carrier XML using the Nimitz details and added the lines:

<Carrier Name="USS Ronald Reagan"
    Sim_Name="CVN76"
    CarrierType="1"
    Frequency="110.85"
    Language="US"
    RunwayAngle="8.496"
    GS_Angle="3.9"
    ILS_Xcoord="-9.607"
    ILS_Ycoord="20.015"
    ILS_Zcoord="-50.000"
    TCN_Xcoord="31.40"
    TCN_Ycoord="62.50"
    TCN_Zcoord="-68.25"
    Sim_Name_Helo="SH-60_guard"
    Helo_Bearing="240"
    Helo_Distance="120"/>

This gives a gauge frequency of 44 Y. I hope this is useful.

David

Somehow, it works for me in P3D V3.4 no aircraft fall thru elevator (lift).

Hello,
    Some movie I do:

A minor update re the lifts, I can now taxi onto the QE's lift without falling through it though cannot get it to function. Whats really odd is that I haven't actually edited anything to achieve this. I have also hovered into the hangar but when attempting to land on the hangar deck I fall through.
    "Thou shalt maintain thine airspeed lest the ground shalt rise up and smite thee"

That IS odd mate. TBH.. I've given up on the lifts though I can understand your desire to get 'em working as they should.

ATB
    DaveB

The whole model needs to be reassembled from scratch at the right scale, with no internal scaling in the MDL (makes platforms just work).
    Ironically the hangar it nicely done and about the right height, I think. If you look at the lift openings they are much too big for the height of the hangar.

Did a little freshup for the CVN-76 USS Ronald Reagan in FSX. Like this i can use it in FSX

Merge the models with ModelConverterX and it works fine for me.

Greetings
    Klaus

UNREP works fine with the Reagan anyway Klaus. The one thing it has are too many aircraft ranged on the rear. I presume that was your tidy up?

EDIT: No.. looking closer, it looks like a different model to the one I have?

ATB
    DaveB

Hi Dave,

got my FSX one from here : https://flyawaysimulation.com/downlo...ronald-reagan/ . It is a empty version and i place some planes and crew on Deck. I don`t know another version that had the modificated bridge from the cvn76 and cvn-77. These last two build carriers of the Nimitz Class are heavily modifided. They look different from "old" Nimitz Class.

But that was my first try.... will get other planes on Deck... F-14 or F-18...

Which place is your modell from ?

Greetings
    Klaus

Rgr that matey

The version I have is from the Facebook page that was linked here. The page as since been pulled I'm afraid. I've no idea of the models origin but I'm guessing it started life as Javiers Nimitz/Eisenhower. Didn't know of the one on Flyaway.

EDIT: Looked at the one from the Facebook page in MCX and it is indeed Javiers Nimitz (config 2) The one from Flyaway is the default 'ACC' carrier. No bad thing

ATB
    DaveB

I download all the carriers from this Facebookside some days ago.... but most of them take my FSX down... just dont know why.

Mostly i`m looking fore a good CV-78 or CV-79 (Gerald Ford..., Kennedy ) but the one of this facebookside allso shut my fsx down. I wrote to the owner of this side and some hours later he market it as P3D only....

Yust know the side is down....

Greetings
    Klaus

Hello mate,

Some of the models were supposed to be for P3D (the Reagan was one) but I think it was compiled using the P3Dv1 SDK as it works fine in FSXA. Disappointing to know that it's really Nimitz and the bridge is wrong!!! I've just repainted one of the ACC carriers to 77 George Bush (which is in the UK at the moment) but of course, it has clear decks and is a little boring.

If you are able to share your more correct Reagan with deck additions, I'll be up for a copy. Understand if it's for your own use though

The page was pulled by a payware company. Say no more!!
    ATB
    DaveB

Hoping that Facebook guy pops up somewhere else, had some really interesting mods and a few more that seemed to still be WIP.

Craig
    "Thou shalt maintain thine airspeed lest the ground shalt rise up and smite thee"

I'm curious to see if the site pops up myself. He'd applied some interesting mods to my early carrier work and I'm all for that (it would've been nice to have been asked - I could've helped him out but sometimes that's the nature of this hobby and I'm okay with that if it enhances the sim for others)

My only concern when I looked at some of the models was that some of the add ons mods looked like they'd been reverse engineered from other authors carriers and applied to the modded carrier, and certainly from a few payware companies and that may explain (I have no evidence of this) why the site was pulled. The Ford class and kitty hawk looked very familiar to two payware carriers that I already have- at least at a cursory glance and in terms of textures. The C-2 also looked quite similar to a payware one I have from a well known (and occasionally berated) company starting with 'A'

This is all just conjecture from me so with luck the site will appear again soon.....he's given me some food for thought for Essex and Midway enhancements.

Just read Dave's post - that may explain it!

Cheers
    Gaz

Quote Originally Posted by gp183601 View Post
    Just read Dave's post - that may explain it!
    Yeah, missed that part myself. I initially had suspicions about his F-16 though somewhere on his comments sections it pointed to the original, turned out not to be the IRIS model as I had initially suspected might be the case. Guess I gave him te benefit of the doubt after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Seahawk72s View Post
    A great package. I bought it some time ago. It's a nice change from the regular carriers with catapults.
    On that one, you can simulate the real thing by using the FSX Acceleration commands to attach the plane to the catapult, set your throttle to full AB, and then detach from the catapult instead of triggering it.
    This simulates the wheel blocks like on the real carrier.

Stumbled across a group that had a WIP "25 de Mayo", however most pics are from 2013 and I can't see any evidence of it having been released:

https://www.facebook.com/pg/Simarg-S...19789694811296

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    Hello mate,

If you are able to share your more correct Reagan with deck additions, I'll be up for a copy. Understand if it's for your own use though

ATB
    DaveB
    Hi Dave (and others who asked for a share....)
    would be happy to share my updated carriers with you...but.... i also use models from my payware carriers Kitty Hawk, and Enterprise so far. For my own use thats ok... but cant share those one. Yust now i do a new work with other models. I think that will be ready in some days and i hope i get permission from the orignial modeldesiners to share this on.

By the way.... the Abacus Flight Deck 5 package has a good looking USS_GERALD_FORD inside. Just got my original for a very smal price in Amazon. Will post some pictures later. This seams to be a nice on for FSX....(and think that the one from this Facebookside was a updated version of this one from Abacus payware)

Greetings
    Klaus

Rgr that Klaus. Understood and thank you

ATB
    DaveB

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    A great package. I bought it some time ago. It's a nice change from the regular carriers with catapults.
    On that one, you can simulate the real thing by using the FSX Acceleration commands to attach the plane to the catapult, set your throttle to full AB, and then detach from the catapult instead of triggering it.
    This simulates the wheel blocks like on the real carrier.

Bear did a very nice job on animating the wheel blocks and blast shield.
    The detail on his aircraft is superb.
    Sad, I really hope to some day see his SU-34. I imagine he has all these aircraft we just haven't seen.

A Su-34 would be so cool !
    However, I would love the get the Su-27/30 to work as they should first.
    In P3Dv3.3.5, I'm still unable to perform a Cobra with that plane, despite deactivating the limiter in the cockpit.
    And of course, the thrust vectoring doesn't work on the Su-30...

Quote Originally Posted by Seahawk72s View Post
    I thought to try a little cleanup on the "Liaoning". Using existing textures the rust went away, then based on current photos
    the deck layout was changed. I know she is a darker shade of gray then the real ship but wanted to say thanks to Bear.
    Shared texture mapping prevents adding all the small stuff to give it realism, still definitely a fun carrier.

Carrier CVN-78 USS GERALD FORD from Abacus Flight Deck 5 package in FSX.

Landing F18 is part of the model. It lands... stopps and moved on to catapult. Then launches and turns around the carrier for next land. Nice eyecatcher.

Nice model and worth to have a look for. Will update this one for use with some other planes so that it will have more "life" on deck.

First update. A little more life on deck and little other modification.

Greetings
    Klaus
    Last edited by klnowak; August 4th, 2017 at 01:46.

Quote Originally Posted by klnowak View Post
    Hi Dave,

got my FSX one from here : https://flyawaysimulation.com/downlo...ronald-reagan/ . It is a empty version and i place some planes and crew on Deck. ...
    How did you add planes, I'm new to this...?

From the past...

Quote Originally Posted by Hanimichal View Post
    who's surprised?

Bear Studio use the same model as the lockOn, And all paints from J11 work with J15
    So I adapted Admiral Kuznetsov repaint from http://rf13a.blogspot.com.br/

Members who have read this thread: 1