New Carriers..? - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: New Carriers..?

Quote Originally Posted by fallenphoenix1986 View Post
    Really hoping someone does a mid to high end rendition of the Queen Elizabeth class... Would make an ideal home for Dino's F-35B.

Looks optimistically in Flying Stations direction
    Its on the "would be nice to do list..."

Quote Originally Posted by sketchy View Post
    Its on the "would be nice to do list..."
    My initial Cunning Plan didn't work out, but Cunning Plan v2.0 is coming along nicely...

i9-10900K, 64 Gb RAM, RTX 3090 FE, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Reverb G2

Quote Originally Posted by Airtrooper View Post
    My initial Cunning Plan didn't work out, but Cunning Plan v2.0 is coming along nicely...
    Literally just taking a break from what I'm working on this morning to read the forums...

and...this is what my desktop looks like at the moment...

Ganter

Outstanding
    "Thou shalt maintain thine airspeed lest the ground shalt rise up and smite thee"

Quote Originally Posted by fallenphoenix1986 View Post
    Outstanding
    Cheers.

Health & Safety first; The Fire Points are going in.

God, this thing is massive.

View from the bridge - we're going to need some equipment in here!

This is just a Low Res version at the moment. While I finalise Dims and structural anatomy.

Ganter

Good job

Quote Originally Posted by Ganter View Post
    Cheers.

Health & Safety first; The Fire Points are going in.

God, this thing is massive.

View from the bridge - we're going to need some equipment in here!

This is just a Low Res version at the moment. While I finalise Dims and structural anatomy.

Ganter

Well done good work

Quote Originally Posted by CIMOGT View Post
    Well done good work
    Thanks mate.

Ganter

Sweet work! Are you planning on incorporating the Bedford Array touch down point lighting system? Basically a pair of red lights either side of the centre line that move counter to the ship's pitching to give a fixed point to aim for when doing a Short Rolling Vertical Landing (SRVL). I think there're some videos on youtube from the trials sim.

Quote Originally Posted by SkippyBing View Post
    Sweet work! Are you planning on incorporating the Bedford Array touch down point lighting system? Basically a pair of red lights either side of the centre line that move counter to the ship's pitching to give a fixed point to aim for when doing a Short Rolling Vertical Landing (SRVL). I think there're some videos on youtube from the trials sim.

That is the plan. There's no point if it can't accommodate the F-35 (basically Dino's) both for Launch and Recovery.

However, that's in the future: we're still welding metal to metal!

This looks awesome Ganter,are there plans to add a crew?

Usefully, ModelConverterX has recently been upgraded to make it much easier to attach effects, platforms and objects to animations (e.g. lifts). Also crash boxes can now be disabled on any part.

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomP View Post
    This looks awesome Ganter,are there plans to add a crew?
    Very much so Phantom. That's research in progress as real world video and TV footage emerges as to how Crew Ops are arranged on deck on QE.

Ganter

Quote Originally Posted by Essex View Post
    Usefully, ModelConverterX has recently been upgraded to make it much easier to attach effects, platforms and objects to animations (e.g. lifts). Also crash boxes can now be disabled on any part.
    Yep, there's been some almighty changes to MCx recently that have made things much, much easier. I'm producing the Roughs in Sketchup , then we'll drag the hull into Gmax for animations and fine tuning but, finally she'll be washed through MCx to finalise Day/ Night/ Effects, testing, etc, Arno's a genius.

It's the scale of thing that throws you...it's enormous. I can't wait to do a VTOL off her.

Tomorrow I'll be mostly redesigning and welding the Flight Ops Observation Module...

Cheers,
    Ganter

Quote Originally Posted by Ganter View Post
    Yep, there's been some almighty changes to MCx recently that have made things much, much easier. I'm producing the Roughs in Sketchup , then we'll drag the hull into Gmax for animations and fine tuning but, finally she'll be washed through MCx to finalise Day/ Night/ Effects, testing, etc, Arno's a genius.

It's the scale of thing that throws you...it's enormous. I can't wait to do a VTOL off her.

Tomorrow I'll be mostly redesigning and welding the Flight Ops Observation Module...

Cheers,
    Ganter
    Fantastic work! Well done, wish I had more time to do development work right now.

Looking forward to flying an 809 Sqn F35 & 820 Merlin from this.

Cheers,

Fantastic work Ganter!

I'll put mine on the back burner, but I'll keep tinkering along with it simply 'cos I'm using it to test some new techniques (hence the "Cunning Plan" bit!)

BTW, which set of plans/drawings are you using?

ATB

Andy

Quote Originally Posted by sketchy View Post
    Fantastic work! Well done, wish I had more time to do development work right now.

Looking forward to flying an 809 Sqn F35 & 820 Merlin from this.

Cheers,
    Fantastic work Ganter!

I'll put mine on the back burner, but I'll keep tinkering along with it simply 'cos I'm using it to test some new techniques (hence the "Cunning Plan" bit!)

BTW, which set of plans/drawings are you using?

ATB

Andy

sketchy - don't hold your breath! I work slowly...and for me this is a learning curve. Others have already done Big Lizzie if you can't wait. I'm trying to do a very detailed model on her with particular attention to textures as well as AiCarriers integration. I may be some time!

Andy - as above. First attempt at modelling something this huge and with this much functionality. Knowing me as I do there could well be a stage where I literally abondon ship!

Ganter

I think many of us have tried to model 'Big Lizzie' at some point! I've got about 6 different incomplete sketchup/blender/GMax iterations of her on my hard drive!

Keep up the good work!

Cheers
    Gaz

Quote Originally Posted by gp183601 View Post
    I've got about 6 different incomplete sketchup/blender/GMax iterations of her on my hard drive!
    WOW!

What drawings is everyone using?

Andy

WOW!

What drawings is everyone using?

Andy

Who needs drawings?

Not really, I have certain measurements taken from graphics posted online on RN site, WIKI, and a few others. These are mostly pertaining to overall Dims for length, breadth, height of Islands, etc.
    The rest, I'm afraid are just my guestimates based on the Dims I do have.

Ganter

Are you also using the photo-match feature in Sketchup for items such as the bridge, FlyCo etc?

The technique I was using should've been good for the above-water hull, but as regards below the waterline I'm at a loss without drawings... (I should add I was building for P3D, hence detail below the waterline). My original goal was to model everything else besides in the hope that some drawings might become available in the meantime... At the very least the world needs a good body plan for the QE class, if not the full lines!

Looking around at various sources I don't think she's complicated below the WL Andy,

I got this from a 3D model...

http://www.gandoza.com/3d-watercraft...-3d-model.html

There are other views on that same site. Of course, some of it is conjecture as we won't know what the welders got up to in the shipyard - but I think that's a fairly good assessment of what the general BWL architecture is.

Also today I have been wondering if the screens could be coded to be some sort of contextual Menu for AiCarriers, etc.

They could display Wind/ Speed.
    AI A/C about to TO/ AI A/C traffic in the vicinity.
    TacPack enabled for something...etc,
    Basically, what they appear to be doing RW.

(Still low res version)

Last edited by Ganter; August 24th, 2017 at 15:10.
    Jim
    NAVIGATION; The art of knowing where you are without having to crash into it first.

Seahawk, Would you mind sharing your Liaoning repaint, your version looks like a nice upgrade from the standard version.

Cheers,
    Randy

Quote Originally Posted by Seahawk72s View Post
    I thought to try a little cleanup on the "Liaoning". Using existing textures the rust went away, then based on current photos
    the deck layout was changed. I know she is a darker shade of gray then the real ship but wanted to say thanks to Bear.
    Shared texture mapping prevents adding all the small stuff to give it realism, still definitely a fun carrier.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy92 View Post
    Seahawk, Would you mind sharing your Liaoning repaint, your version looks like a nice upgrade from the standard version.

Cheers,
    Randy
    Try these. As always backup your original files.

Found a model of the Kiegsmarine KMS Graf Zeppelin some time ago on the library of sketchup side. Just change some things and get it to work in FSX now. Placed some Stuka and Me-109 on her.
    I`ve decided to do many other things on that ship ( put a hard deck to it, doing a new repaint and will do some more details to let her look more real). If i can contakt the orignial developer i will ask him for his permission to share it as freeware if i will it get ready in future.

Till now that`s the look ....

Greetings
    Klaus

Members +
    Blog Entries
    Lot's of ship building going on! Excellent! Been waiting out the weather, finishing up some soviet sea monster conversions, decided I needed a garage for Tim's old Almaz Kalmar (LEBED) LCAC. Now I need an AIST to round out the lot...
    Finally made the Orlenok export and not crash the sim...needed the Lun...then I needed a SUNBURN...then the LEBED had to get done...then an AI version so I could 'liberate' small Baltic countries...I suppose I need a decent BTR or Bytor, now. Once you start, it never stops.
    Attachment 53221
    Attachment 53222
    Attachment 53223
    Attachment 53224
    Attachment 53225

Members who have read this thread: 1