New Carriers..? - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: New Carriers..?

Hmm.. that looks nice. Wonder if the red fire engine has Russian logos rather than Chinese?

ATB
    DaveB

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    Hmm.. that looks nice. Wonder if the red fire engine has Russian logos rather than Chinese?

ATB
    DaveB
    No logos at all. Night lighting looks Ok.
    Added the correct hull number and started cleaning up the island.

ATB
    DaveB

Wondering if there are any high end Russian ships available..?
    There are a number of models out there but it would be nice to match Kuznetsov.

Nothing of the same detail I'm aware of. I have the ones in your shot and a few more besides but they're all much of a muchness. Can't remember any of them leaving me with a 'WOW' factor. Good for making up the numbers though
    ATB
    DaveB

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    Nothing of the same detail I'm aware of. I have the ones in your shot and a few more besides but they're all much of a muchness. Can't remember any of them leaving me with a 'WOW' factor. Good for making up the numbers though
    ATB
    DaveB
    I use to dream about this one...
    http://mark-harper.co.uk/Russian%20Ships.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Seahawk72s View Post
    I use to dream about this one...
    http://mark-harper.co.uk/Russian%20Ships.htm

Yeah, I used to drool over the Eagle and Sea Venom combo. Probably safe to say by now that they aren't coming.
    "Thou shalt maintain thine airspeed lest the ground shalt rise up and smite thee"

Has anyone any experience of http://www.abacuspub.com/carrier-strike-force-download
    I know all the stuff about Abacus, I am wondering about the 3 carriers within.
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

I will most likely start with the Russian Navy relatively soon - but it won't be available before sometime in winter.

Quote Originally Posted by kl791 View Post
    I will most likely start with the Russian Navy relatively soon - but it won't be available before sometime in winter.
    That would be a holiday gift well received...!!

Where can i download this paint? i tried http://rf13a.blogspot.com.br/ however i never got it to work in FSX

Quote Originally Posted by Naismith View Post
    Has anyone any experience of http://www.abacuspub.com/carrier-strike-force-download
    I know all the stuff about Abacus, I am wondering about the 3 carriers within.
    I don't have this package however there are far better freeware alternatives available for all 3.

The I class and LPH/D are both available in the SOH library, then theres the RFN CdG.
    "Thou shalt maintain thine airspeed lest the ground shalt rise up and smite thee"

Quote Originally Posted by Krair View Post
    Where can i download this paint? i tried http://rf13a.blogspot.com.br/ however i never got it to work in FSX

Try here: https://library.avsim.net/esearch.ph...rp&DLID=197376

CVN-78 from Abacus...... little mordifications to the bridge, planes and crew on deck. Next will have a look to the paintings. Its not the quality of Nimitz Carrier, but its useable.

Greetings
    Klaus

Very nice to hear. That would be a very nice addion to ship ai traffic
    Hope you will do the new US-Carrier CVN-78 USS GERALD FORD in the future. A fantastic ship and the one from Abacus i use till now (you can see the picture in here) is not the very best. That would be a great wish of mine.

Greetings
    Klaus
    Last edited by klnowak; August 6th, 2017 at 03:21.

Quote Originally Posted by klnowak View Post
    Very nice to here. That would be a very nice addion to ship ai traffic
    Hope you will do the new US-Carrier CVN-78 USS GERALD FORD in the future. A fantastic ship and the one from Abacus i use till now (you can see the picture in here) is not the very best. That would be a great wish of mine.

Greetings
    Klaus
    The thought has crossed my mind... Looking at your screenshot with the Abacus I can see quite a few obvious discrepancies with the real thing e.g. the tower island is nowhere close to the real. However it is a long project, so no promises at this point.

http://www.thefordclass.com/cvn78/index.html

Different paint but still a nice kuznetsov, thanks.
    Going to enjoy flying of this one.

The thought has crossed my mind... Looking at your screenshot with the Abacus I can see quite a few obvious discrepancies with the real thing e.g. the tower island is nowhere close to the real. However it is a long project, so no promises at this point.

http://www.thefordclass.com/cvn78/index.html
    Absolutly right. Hope you love this one as much as i do. It`s a very interesting ship and i think it is very much needed in AI traffic for FSX. If you will love it also you just can`t do anything else as start with this one first

The other thing is a Nimitz Class Carrier CVN-76 USS Ronald Reagan with its light different tower bridge.

So.... you will have many things to do.... i`m waiting for

Greetings
    Klaus

Quote Originally Posted by Krair View Post
    Different paint but still a nice kuznetsov, thanks.
    Going to enjoy flying of this one.
    Starting to make a few changes..
    Have to blend the new numbers better..
    No number on island...

Just installed the Illustrious model from facebook, turns out the functional elevators are not a P3D only feature after all. No idea why it works on some models and not others but Lusty's work exactly as advertised.

Edit:

On a semi related note, can anyone suggest replacement VC's for the UKmil Sea Harrier FRS.1 & FA2?

Thinking Dino C's Goshawk pit would be a reasonable fit for the FA2 ,albeit with no vertical canopy framing, bit stuck on the FRS1 though.

Quote Originally Posted by fallenphoenix1986 View Post
    Yeah, I used to drool over the Eagle and Sea Venom combo. Probably safe to say by now that they aren't coming.
    Team SDB is still in contact with Mark about getting his Russian ships and the Eagle outfitted with the FSX-Acceleration carrier features.
    It goes slow because he spends most of his time sailing.

Quote Originally Posted by fsafranek View Post
    Team SDB is still in contact with Mark about getting his Russian ships and the Eagle outfitted with the FSX-Acceleration carrier features.
    It goes slow because he spends most of his time sailing.
    In that case better late than never, just assumed the project was dead since the webpage doesn't appear to have changed in years

Quote Originally Posted by fallenphoenix1986 View Post
    In that case better late than never, just assumed the project was dead since the webpage doesn't appear to have changed in years
    When Mark stopped everything to do the F-14 and Kitty Hawk for Aerosoft everything else, including his website, came to a halt.
    There is another round of work happening of the F-14 for 64 bit (not clear on Mark's level of involvement) so hopefully after that he will come back to us.
    But I'm sure sailing is much more fun.

Russian ships

I have these

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ka271.jpg   yak2.jpg  

Members +
    Blog Entries
    Avsim RU- the russian one. FSX AI Traffic aircraft section. There is a selection of soviet era Kashin's, Kresta's, Kara's, Zubur's, a diving Akula and a soviet Ferry boat for AI. There was an update ages ago on a FSX shipping site that vanished. I've still got the updated package around, I think. Should see about preserving that to the local server. The original package has some impressive routes for Kola, Sevastopol and northern Sea of Japan. And the Moskva's...
    I did a bunch of crap some years ago, early attempts at simplifying some WH freeware for FSX. I hadn't figured out texture mapping, so the drawcall count is higher than current efforts, but they're not too awful; there are a few packages to run down, Merkur and Delfin CVL's, Udaloy,s Kirov, Slava, Osa's, Nanuchka's and a bunch of submarines. FSX misc section. Tonkin Gulf Yacht club package has some PLAN destroyers, LST's, frigates and missile boats, properly mapped and almost worth keeping. There is also a decent couple of subs in a soviet submarine carrier pack, Simviation FSX misc section, and some of that may be here in the library, FSX ships. All landable decks, most of the larger subs are also hard decked, the 072 LST's also have hard deck ramps and welldecks. I need to get the thumb out and get some updates packed up and put out; but, I have just got the bugbite for an Ivan Rogov now that I've put Alpha's Ekranoplans and Piglets LEBED into FSX, along with an AI specific version. Working SUNBURN for the LUN, too, 10-80 NM range, mach 3+ seaskimmer with conventional or nuclear boom, lot's of fun. Blew 'stanbul and Ankara off the map the other day...Smile, Edrogan
    Oh, yeah...there's AI Helix and Hormone's for plane guard in the carriers and sub carrier pack...
    The opforces are fairly well covered.

Members who have read this thread: 1