Orbx Vector for V4 Released

Thread: Orbx Vector for V4 Released

Blog Entries

Orbx Vector for V4 Released

Was really looking forward to that one. Thanks Ian!

thanks for the heads up

Copyright © Bill Campbell is the creator of the Weird-ohs
    Ok and Hooray !

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    A little disappointed with ORBX. The length of time they have known that V4 was going to be 64 bit and they released L05 tonight still only available as P3D V3.4. And they wonder why people get upset.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Quote Originally Posted by AussieMan View Post
    A little disappointed with ORBX. The length of time they have known that V4 was going to be 64 bit and they released L05 tonight still only available as P3D V3.4. And they wonder why people get upset.
    I agree Pat. Supposedly they have had access to V4 earlier than the mainstream user, still we are almost two months into the release of V4 and yet to see any 64bit ObjectFlow.

i7-4770K 4.4 Ghz - ASUS z87 PRO - Corsair H100i - 16 gig Kingston Beast DDR3 2166 Mhz - Gainward GTX 1070 GS GLH - CX 750M PSU - CoolerMaster HAF X case

Quote Originally Posted by Montie View Post
    I agree Pat. Supposedly they have had access to V4 earlier than the mainstream user, still we are almost two months into the release of V4 and yet to see any 64bit ObjectFlow.
    To be fair, both ObjectFlow and Vector are third party software which they didn't have control of. Their in-house stuff (Central, Global, OpenLC, regions) were ready pretty much from the start.
    Apparently they have now acquired the Vector code from Pilot's and are working on an in-house version of ObjectFlow ("OF2"). So next time we will see how fast or slow they really are.
    P3D v4.5, DCS, AF2
    W10 64bit Pro
    Core i7 6770K @ 4,3 GHz
    32 GB DDR4 2666
    RTX 2080 Super 8 GB
    Oculus Rift S
    Cable 1000 Mbit/s

Still no joy until they open up more payment options.

Quote Originally Posted by AussieMan View Post
    Some facts:

The delay remains with the objectflow module which could not be developed until the RTM version of P3Dv4 was released.
    It is easy to criticise when not knowing the facts and a little unfair to assume that this delay is due to some form of incompetence.
    I can tell you that the revised objectflow is now in beta testing and that as soon as it is ready, those airports that require it will be released for P3Dv4.
    Many airports would lack buildings without objectflow and I am sure that the torrent of abuse would be far greater if the products were released and didn't work.
    Regards,
    Nick

Quote Originally Posted by ncooper View Post
    Some facts:

The delay remains with the objectflow module which could not be developed until the RTM version of P3Dv4 was released.
    It is easy to criticise when not knowing the facts and a little unfair to assume that this delay is due to some form of incompetence.
    I can tell you that the revised objectflow is now in beta testing and that as soon as it is ready, those airports that require it will be released for P3Dv4.
    Many airports would lack buildings without objectflow and I am sure that the torrent of abuse would be far greater if the products were released and didn't work.
    I know the facts, but I can still see why their customers are getting impatient.

i7-4770K 4.4 Ghz - ASUS z87 PRO - Corsair H100i - 16 gig Kingston Beast DDR3 2166 Mhz - Gainward GTX 1070 GS GLH - CX 750M PSU - CoolerMaster HAF X case

Trouble ahead

Bought it and installed it via FTX Central 3 but it doesn´t seem to work since it´s not showing in the scenery library.
    Do I have to add it manually?
    Cheers,

Marc

Download FTX Central 4, you can install from there.

I thought FTX Central 3 is latest version?!?

Quote Originally Posted by worknow View Post
    I thought FTX Central 3 is latest version?!?
    There is no FTX Central 4, the latest version is FTX Central 3.2 that is compatible with P3D v4. You can download and install from there. You also config from FTX Central as well. Check below the download and install area for the configuration link.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Members who have read this thread: 0