CFS2 crash while hitting target

Thread: CFS2 crash while hitting target

CFS2 crash while hitting target

My CFS2 sometimes crash but very often and it happens when i hit the enemy airplane with gunfire or few burst and they just about to get explode suddenly crash

anyone can help?

There's something amiss in the [EFFECTS.X] structuring of the damage profile file of the target. There are some FX that simply should not be in dp files for this reason, and this can also happen when AI aircraft crash. You would have to post a copy of the dp for anyone to be able help.

"If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it right"

Hi bearcat thanks for your reply,
    i try to reverse my effects to vanila cfs2, so i move my effects folder somewhere and replace it by standard cfs2 effects but it still happen
    well i don't know which dp you mean? inside objects_dp, aircraft or weapons?

No...you misunderstood me. Don't do anything to the EFFECTS folder itself - its not the problem. And no this has nothing to do with the OBJECTS_DP folder either.

What i'm saying is that there are certain FX files within this folder which are called up by the dp file of the aircraft you are shooting at that are causing your problem. These FX are not friendly for inclusion in aircraft dp's when coupled with the standard, plain vanilla FX. They were intended to provide some enhanced destructive effect when a model is hit, but this can often lead to an overworked graphics engine stacking too many FX at once in a sudden destructive moment. This causes memory leaks which freezes the sim or CTD.

The remedy is to open the the aircraft's dp in notepad and surgically remove the offending FX entries and restructure the [EFFECTS.X] section of the dp after their removal.

ah i understand that but this happen to all aircraft including vanilla stock which i never doin editing to aircraft dp so i leave them like the way it's

Then you could be facing the need to replace or upgrade your memory sticks, or even more expensive, your graphics card. If this happens with all models this suggest that your system isn't up to the task of loading and displaying a group of FX files smoothly on a single object in one instant. How are your average FPS holding up during intense action with many moving objects around you?

never encounter any lag or big issue with framerate even when flyin in group, this's always happen just when i start hitting target, and feels like 1-2 seconds after that my computer stops and CTD and sometimes no problem at all

I don't see much in the way of a software remedy here - this has all the marks of a hardware issue. But you may be able to play with and tweak down your graphics settings in the sim's SETTINGS dialog. Maybe reducing the effects settings and turning off hardware acceleration may help.

so here is what i did right now but im really sure for now it's not hardware issue
    i've two CFS2 installation : F:\CFS2 (Primary) and F:\CFS2 Backup (secondary)

Out of my curiousity, i start to narrow the possibilites of this problem
    here im testing with my secondary CFS2 installation (my backup), starting first is moving my first Main primary CFS2 aircraft to my secondary backup vanilla instalation (i thought maybe aircraft issue)
    but i move my secondary aircraft to another safe folder first, then i cut and paste my Main aircraft from primary CFS2 to secondary CFS2, so no overwriting files then try the game from my secondary CFS2,
    here im playing mission with lot enemy planes and try to hit them and nothing happen ! No CTD at all !

i try the same way to the other like Effects, objects dp, scenery,gsl, layouts,texture, scendb etc and try it each one of them by moving one by one and play it into my secondary CFS2 from primary CFS2
    until i move my primary MODELS folder then bang !! when i try to play it will cause this...you won't believe it this models cause the trouble
    what inside my models are : JA_pilots, US_Pilots, IJN_pilot & Wolfi_US_Pilot and to my conclusion it has somethin related with the parachute when the planes or pilot bail out from the planes when it blowup..dunno im not the expert on this one but i finally found it !!

Problem solved ! and Thanks Bearcat without u, i wont be that curious

That's great news, wiekniera. So nothing expensive involved after all, just investigative trial and error. Sourcing the problem to those addon pilots is truly an interesting find. I think we can all take something from this lesson. Good job

Members who have read this thread: 1