TrackIR On The Way!

Thread: TrackIR On The Way!

TrackIR On The Way!

Thanks to generous SOH Members I will once again be in the virtual world looking around the cockpit hands free, lol. I didn't realize how dependent I was on the TrackIR system until it was gone.

Anyway, I had quite a few offers and had to pass on a few of them for various reasons, but all is well now (Thanks to "jmig" and "hertzie" who I will be reimbursing for their efforts). Thank you to all who offered and took the time to root through their closets and "stashes" to locate the hardware, lol.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

We are lucky to be members of a very nice group here Ed... do let me know how you get on...

I have TrackIR 4 and keep trying to get used to it, as moments are simply glorious... but I am such a fan of EZCA, and it does what I need 99% of the time; that I haven't really given it a worthy trial. Perhaps you would share whatever profile you find best... I can almost live with the "Seth-FSX" one... but I still haven't gotten comfortable with TIR. Perhaps more use of the on/off switch?

Very interested in hearing other's thoughts on this....

Best- C

Quote Originally Posted by cavaricooper View Post
    We are lucky to be members of a very nice group here Ed... do let me know how you get on...

I have TrackIR 4 and keep trying to get used to it, as moments are simply glorious... but I am such a fan of EZCA, and it does what I need 99% of the time; that I haven't really given it a worthy trial. Perhaps you would share whatever profile you find best... I can almost live with the "Seth-FSX" one... but I still haven't gotten comfortable with TIR. Perhaps more use of the on/off switch?

Very interested in hearing other's thoughts on this....

Best- C
    Actually the "Seth-Flight" profile is what someone recommended a long time ago and it has been perfect. I am not much on tweaking when I don't fully understand the dynamics of a program so I have left it alone. . .it gives the right balance of smooth movement and speed of my movements that seem to be as close to RW as I need them. Excellent for Helicopter flying which I enjoy a lot. It allows true situational awareness to almost 360 degrees especially important on landings. I am lost without it really. Flying has been at a standstill while I looked for a replacement. It isn't the same without it.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Glad you are sorted out or soon will be. One thing I missed mention of when I was promoting the TrackHat unit which is worthy of note.... it does take up 2 USB slots which may of of concern to anyone considering it. One for the Tracking clip and one for the Camera that sees it. Still a good choice if you you have the spare capacity or a hub.
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

That's good news. Nice to know that members rise to the challenge.
    "Somewhere out there is Page 6!"
    "But Emilo you promised! It's postpone"

ASWWIAH Member

Members who have read this thread: 0