newbie basic questions to get started

Thread: newbie basic questions to get started

newbie basic questions to get started

Hello,
    i'm a veteran CFS2 player . I would like to start with FSX and need your advice on how to proceed, does this sim work only with windows XP service 3 ? i tried windows 7 prof 64 bit but it freezes . i am a skiner "IL2 " and scenery maker"CFS2" as well . First which is the game i must install as a base and where do i go for the add ons .Second , where do i find the templates for skining as well as bare metal tutorials related to FSX . finally is there a dedicated FSX skiners section or websites you recommend .
    regards
    Last edited by dog1; July 15th, 2017 at 00:19.

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Welcome, you will get a myriad of answers here. I'll leave it up to our experts to provide that. But welcome again to the wide. World of FSX/P3D.

Btw, check out the file section here.

Dog1, FSX works fine with all versions of Windows. I have been with FSX from the beginning and am currently using it in Windows 10. As for templates and skinning, each aircraft has it's own templates if a paint kit is supplied. If not you must make your own. There are no templates for scenery. If you want to make photo real scenery SBuilderX is a great tool for doing that. With that said a good place to start for many of the tools most of us use to develop scenery and aircraft painting can be found at FSdeveloper.com HERE.

The world of FSX is complex and it takes time to learn all the ins and outs. Have fun and welcome.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

If FSX is freezing on Win 7, or any other version of Windows I would say you have a bad FSX install or drivers for some hardware, more than likely Graphics.

I run boxed FSX, along with Acceleration and SP's 1 and 2...

hello
    i installed the sim for the first time and it freezes on opening the menu page. i am using windows 7 prof 64 bit , i have windows 10 on same pc and will try there. my gamer pc is a I7 3.4 gig nvidia 1030 16 gig rams . the graphic driver is the latest .

I got a new machine recently running windows 10 and while I mostly run P3D (I highly recommend that), for FSX I installed the steam edition. It's basically FSX acceleration but they did recompile it to run on more modern hardware.
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

Members who have read this thread: 0