Love this clouds
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Love this clouds

Love this clouds

just found the suitable clouds for my taste and today i just found it....Ahhh i just love playing with clouds and thanks uncletgt that thing really helps adding more immersion to the game especially with the clouds !

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails sc39.jpg   sc41.jpg   sc52.jpg   sc54.jpg   sc66.jpg   sc67.jpg  

sc69.jpg   sc65.jpg   sc55.jpg   sc63.jpg   sc45.jpg   sc36.jpg  

sc37.jpg  

Alpine, CA in San Diego's beautiful back country!

Icon22

They're beautiful. Which cloud pack is it?

MR
    "A sandwich and a cup of coffee, and then off to violin-land, where all is sweetness and delicacy and harmony, and there are no red-headed clients to vex us with their conundrums.”

― Sherlock Holmes

MR Downloads at SOH
    MR Albums at SOH MR Web Site

@maskrider
    thanks chris, actually it's from the old flight environment for fs2004 ...btw how can i watch your photodex with chrome? i did install it's plugins but still unable to watch it

Very Nice, can you upload this clouds?

Quote Originally Posted by ElsnerMarkus View Post
    Very Nice, can you upload this clouds?
    I think i can't as it's payware stuff

Icon22

Quote Originally Posted by wiekniera View Post
    @maskrider
    thanks chris, actually it's from the old flight environment for fs2004 ...btw how can i watch your photodex with chrome? i did install it's plugins but still unable to watch it
    wiekniera,

That is very interesting. Thanks for the heads up!

My old WindowXP computer bit the dust a couple of weeks ago. Since then the inclination to run any of the Photodex slideshows on my newer Window 8.1 rig had not presented itself.

After reading your post I tried to play them on my Windows 8.1 rig and experience the same problem as you. They won't play- in either FireFox or Chrome.

So, I did some googling on the problem.

As it turns out, Photodex Presenter no longer functions as a plug-in with 64-bit versions of either Firefox or Chrome and as yet Photodex has not developed an updated version that will work.

However, when I tried playing them on Internet Explorer (Version 11) they work fine. I think I may have got some sort of message to click/enable the Presenter plug in, but other than that they work fine.

So if you would really like to view the slideshows try using IE. They're worth a look, IMHO. ;^)

I can re-compile the slideshows and upload them in the form of FaceBook or YouTube-style videos. I might just do so.

Again, thank you for letting me know about the problem.

Cheers,
    Chris
    "A sandwich and a cup of coffee, and then off to violin-land, where all is sweetness and delicacy and harmony, and there are no red-headed clients to vex us with their conundrums.”

― Sherlock Holmes

MR Downloads at SOH

Turns out Firefox offers what it calls a 32-bit Extended-Support-Release (ESR) version of Firefox that will allow these older NPAPI plug-ins to still work. But support for the ESR will only go through early 2018.

See this page at Mozilla

Cheers,
    Chris

― Sherlock Holmes

MR Downloads at SOH

Thanks Chris that solution works! damn! that's beautiful shots u got there, love that pacific stuff!! (how can u have that tall coconut tree? )

im still far away from that...still too many missing here and there coz i've to rebuild back my cfs2 installation
    btw can you tell me which scenery that should activate to have all the airbase and island in the pacific theatre? as im still lot confuse with scenery,airbase.dat or mesh things

Here is a cloud pack(s) not as nice as those but:

FSClouds2000
    for CFS2 Conversion file for above FSClouds and weather for CFS2 ****
    Combat Clouds Flight1 combat clouds self install version ****

For anyone interested:
    http://thefreeflightsite.com/Utilities2.htm
    http://www.TheFreeFlightSite.com
    "Laissez les bon temps rouler"

No Dice,

Thanks for the links!

MR

― Sherlock Holmes

MR Downloads at SOH

Icon22

Quote Originally Posted by wiekniera View Post
    btw can you tell me which scenery that should activate to have all the airbase and island in the pacific theatre? as im still lot confuse with scenery,airbase.dat or mesh things
    Hehe,

To tell ya truth I wouldn't even know where to begin. There is so much scenery available that it would take a better man than I to put it into some sort of coherent order for you to make informed choices.

The subject has been broached several time in the past. Try searching the threads.

I would suggest starting with a very small area of interest. Nt even the entire PTO. Maybe a small part of it. There is a lot of PTO scenery available much of it way better than anything I have ever done. If you start off with a small area it will give you the opportunity to get most if not all of the incidentals (the little bits and pieces that are required in all scenery packs) installed along with it.

MR

― Sherlock Holmes

MR Downloads at SOH

Hey MR,
    What you stated below is a bunch of Bull,
    I will put your sceneries up against anyones,
    You are a true artist, your work is great and
    the rest of use just dream about almost getting
    to your level.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by No Dice View Post
    Such a great, great website. A real treasure.

I hadn't dropped by for some time.

Got all the clouds plus a few more AC!

Thanks,
    MR
    Last edited by MaskRider; July 14th, 2017 at 22:59.

― Sherlock Holmes

MR Downloads at SOH

well guess i've to wait for chris to handed over his treasure one day

He already has,
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=51&sort=d

mr_scenery_tutorial-pdf.zip

Learn how to make "blended" style airfields the MaskRider way! This tutorial is a reworked, upgraded,
    new and improved version of the original. It is 30 pages long- but don't worry- most of that is pictures!

by Chris Westervelt.

Discussion Thread

Category CFS 2 Utilities Add-ons

Thanks for the link No-dice ! i'll learn about it someday

Wiekniera,
    Why wait, learn now...New developers and artist are always welcomed here:
    Check this out:
    http://thefreeflightsite.com/Design.htm
    and then here:
    http://thefreeflightsite.com/Tutorials.htm

Who knows what you may create ? It is a great hobby and all here will help!

It is all about having fun with what you are doing.

@No dice
    im still downloading cfs2 addons and that's why someday, still too many addons left (have to wait 60 seconds each download) and add each one of them in config....arrrhhhhhhh....

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails sc70.jpg   sc71.jpg   sc72.jpg   sc77.jpg   sc73.jpg   sc74.jpg  

sc75.jpg   sc76.jpg   sc79.jpg  

Freeware Option

Foe anyone in this thread, you may be interested in the multiple cloud sets done by Chris Willis.
    Login @ flightsim.com and search his name.
    He has some very fine renditions, MANY renditions. These are my favorites. The hard part will be deciding which to use.
    Cheerz

This will shorten your time finding chris willis collection
    Attached Files Attached Files

Question

Hi Wiekniera,
    I've got the Flight1 Flight Environment pro for 2004, and when I saw your original post pics I just had to try them out, as you say they look superb.

I installed/replaced them in CFS2 but unfortunately they are 32 bit clouds and do not show up anywhere near as good as yours, are they definitely Flight Environment Pro 2004 clouds?

Did you install all the clouds? If possible could you give a time/date stamp of one of the clouds you've got installed, so I can cross check with mine?

Many thanks.

Shessi

Hi shessi,
    first make a folder called like "Test"
    then copy all inside Cld folder, Cirrus (pick one from sets, i pick the whitest set 1-2), Cumulus (cumulus inside clouds folder), stratus and cumulus01 (don't know about this but i put them too) into test folder & then you've to convert all those 32bit into DXT3 and if its done, you can copy replace all into your texture folder that's it ! hope this helps

If you're not satisfied with cirrus set from flight1, you can combine with cirrus from REX fs2004 (they only have 1 set much easier no need to choose set)

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails sw.jpg  

Hi W,
    Ha! I knew there was something to it...convert to DXT3!

Great, I'll go and have a play. Thanks.

Cheers

Shessi

combined with HDE v2

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails sc115.jpg   sc112.jpg   sc109.jpg   sc116.jpg   sc118.jpg   sc110.jpg  

sc111.jpg   sc113.jpg   sc117.jpg  

Thanks for posting the screenshots.

Those clouds are really lovely. Very nice.

BTW, is that Tinian and Saipan I see down there? ;^)

MR

― Sherlock Holmes

MR Downloads at SOH

Members who have read this thread: 0