PMDG DC-6 set for next week for release

Thread: PMDG DC-6 set for next week for release

PMDG DC-6 set for next week for release

Can't wait for it, but it's good that the DC-6 comes next week due to my final exams I have to write this and next weeks Jeansy could you do a Red Bull repaint please if there isn't one in the release?

Mate im flat broke the bloody dog just set me back 2300 and the wife took ths rest of my pay to buy the kid some clothes

The way thingss are looking pmdg will be doing airbuses when i can afford this based off the usual going rate

This particular Avsim thread has currently already accumulated 9 pages of comments ! The DC-6 is mentioned exactly *one* time...

Typical...

Quote Originally Posted by jeansy View Post
    Mate im flat broke the bloody dog just set me back 2300
    Sjeeezz.. why is that ? Surgery ??...

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    Sjeeezz.. why is that ? Surgery ??...
    Yeah she a tumour removed from her groin

I prefereed the other option that was $89 which was to put her down she had a good run for 14yrs

Lets say i slept on the lounge the past 3 nights while the wife had the bed

Tough decision, mate... Always this damn cancer! 14 years certainly not bad for a dog's life but you do have a good chance now he/she might be with you for a couple more. I wish you and your dog all the best with that !

Cheers,
    Jan

thanks

but $2300 vs $89, i still wouldve preferred the $89, im going to have to pay it some day, not to mention what else up until that day

but happy wife, happy life

I'm ashamed to admit that I want this for P3D despite already having it for X-Plane.

Quote Originally Posted by deimos256 View Post
    I'm ashamed to admit that I want this for P3D despite already having it for X-Plane.
    That's peanuts compared to me buying XPlane 10 just for the PMDG DC-6 and then deciding not to buy the XP DC-6 afterall... ( i just can't feel happy with XPlane.. )

But why feel ashamed ??.... A classic, iconic propliner done by PMDG is something very much out of the ordinairy, isn't it. Icing on the cake for a dedicated propliner fan ( i guess because i don't have it yet... ;-)

Btw, are you happy with it in XPlane ?...

Cheers,
    Jan

Yeah I love it in X-Plane, I just don't love how unstable X-Plane is. What I mean by that is the developers are constantlt tweaking stuff, sometimes it makes things better, sometimes worse. The DC6 flies ok but XP11 changed a lot of core flight model stuff so now it has way too much power and cruises a good 50kts faster than it should because they tweaked the drag model. This would all be ok if that's where they planned on leaving things but no, 11.1 is planned for this summer with even more Flight model tweaks, so after developers just spent time getting their aircraft to v11, they can potentially be broken again by 11.1.

Yes, that sounds pretty discouraging. The risk involved with something that's still in constant development. I suppose PMDG won't be happy with that sort of thing neither...

Must say i was totally blown away by the nightlighting of XPlane10 (external i mean) but otherwise there's so much that i'm used to with FSX that i miss in XPlane. Now that we've got the glorious P3Dv4 i might never checkout XPlane again. Nightflying is nice for a change but dayflying is what i do mostly. ;-)

Thanks for your XPlane XPlanation so to speak. Now i'm really glad i didn't buy the XP DC-6 afterall. Been waiting for the FSX (now P3Dv4 of course) version all these years with great anticipation. Can't believe it finally might well be happening next week !

cheers,
    jan

thanks

but $2300 vs $89, i still wouldve preferred the $89, im going to have to pay it some day, not to mention what else up until that day

Aint that the truth!!!
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 000rick000 View Post
    Aint that the truth!!!
    Well, not with me so much... Then again i have no wife.... (married twice), only my dog.... worth anything to me.

Old husband's tale: "If'n Momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy!"
    "Being good is not enough when you dream of being great"
    Author of NEUWUC family of programs

Quote Originally Posted by Wizard View Post
    Old husband's tale: "If'n Momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy!"
    Happy Wife, Happy Life......

Jetline HellFire GT2 FSX PC, Win 7 Pro 64, P3DV3.4.22
    ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Professional LGA 1150 Motherboard
    Intel Core i7 a770K (4.3GHz Overclocked) Quad Core
    Antec 920 Dual Stage CPU Liquid Cooler
    Nvidia 1GB GeForce GTX 1080 ti
    16GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM 1866MHz
    1TB 7200 RPM Seagate HDD+ 60GB SSD Cache
    Lifetime U.S Based Technical Support

" Don't criticize a man until you walk a mile in his shoes. And then who cares! You are a mile away and you have his shoes!!"

Are we there yet ??.....

C'mon, c'mon...

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    Are we there yet ??.....

C'mon, c'mon...
    Ha ha
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

I've never owned a PMDG aircraft . Love the DC-6 . Anyone have a rough estimate what PMDG might charge for this beauty ? This version would certainly be nice :

http://www.nationalmuseum.af.mil/Vis...-independence/

Rich
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Independence VC-118.jpg  

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    I'm happy with the Just Flight DC-6 although an update would be nice. Bazz hint, hint .

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

24 images have been posted on FB

https://www.facebook.com/pmdgsimulat...30605526979226

ohhhhhh its looooooookkkkksssss sooooooooooooo nice

@ rebo, you will be happy

Quote Originally Posted by AussieMan View Post
    I'm happy with the Just Flight DC-6 although an update would be nice. Bazz hint, hint .
    I have been using the JF DC-6 with V4 no problems, but an official update would be very nice.
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    I've never owned a PMDG aircraft . Love the DC-6 . Anyone have a rough estimate what PMDG might charge for this beauty ? This version would certainly be nice :

http://www.nationalmuseum.af.mil/Vis...-independence/

Rich
    I think I paid about 70 or 75 for the X-Plane version.

Yes, the price for the XPlane version stands at $69.99 atm. But givin the fact that the XPlane version is much more tailored to system programming compared to the FSX/P3D version ( as stated by PMDG and the specific reason why it was initially released for XPlane ) one could expect a lower price for the FSX/P3D version. ( just guessing.. )

PMDG products are quite expensive but Ferrari, Lamborghini, Bugatti, Rolls Royce are expensive too and if PMDG would make real cars instead of virtual aeroplanes they'd fit in perfectly. And what's more, who could've ever imagined PMDG, creator of contemporary airliners only, would take a shot at a vintage propliner ?...

We, propliner aficionados, can call ourselves extremely lucky. One could easily call the JF DC-6 one of their best propliner models if not THE best, i have enjoyed flying it for quite some time, but with a DC-6 model done by PMDG we have unmistakably won the lottery.

Let's hope we can finally cash in this week...

cheers,
    jan

PMDG DC 6 to be released today July 20th

See this link:
    https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/5...es-and-flying/

Also FSElite Link:
    https://fselite.net/category/news/

Same day, July 20th , 1969, 48 years ago today, that man stepped on the Moon

Rick

Jetline HellFire GT2 FSX PC, Win 7 Pro 64, P3DV3.4.22
    ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Professional LGA 1150 Motherboard
    Intel Core i7 a770K (4.3GHz Overclocked) Quad Core
    Antec 920 Dual Stage CPU Liquid Cooler
    Nvidia 1GB GeForce GTX 1080 ti
    16GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM 1866MHz
    1TB 7200 RPM Seagate HDD+ 60GB SSD Cache
    Lifetime U.S Based Technical Support

" Don't criticize a man until you walk a mile in his shoes. And then who cares! You are a mile away and you have his shoes!!"

Members who have read this thread: 0