Scenery Database Regen

Thread: Scenery Database Regen

SOH-CM-2023

Scenery Database Regen

Hi All,

I have noticed a weird behavior in fs9 as of late. Every time I start fs9 it does a scenery database regen, even when I haven't made any changes. How is that flag set that causes the regeneration? And what is the right way to fix it?

Thanks,
    Sean

This will be a scenery.dat file error; there will be two of them a main one in your fs9 folder and a backup
    in the documents and settings/user/your name/.../. Microsoft/FS9 , you'll need to have the view hidden files checked to find it.

You can either use Ken Salters' FS9 configurator to check your scenery .cfg for errors OR go to your scenery library and make a simple change such as activating deactivating a scenery area or moving one up or down the priority list ; this will force the rewrite of the .cfg and .dat files to match.

hope this helps

ttfn

Pete

SOH-CM-2023
    Quote Originally Posted by Motormouse View Post
    This will be a scenery.dat file error; there will be two of them a main one in your fs9 folder and a backup
    in the documents and settings/user/your name/.../. Microsoft/FS9 , you'll need to have the view hidden files checked to find it.

You can either use Ken Salters' FS9 configurator to check your scenery .cfg for errors OR go to your scenery library and make a simple change such as activating deactivating a scenery area or moving one up or down the priority list ; this will force the rewrite of the .cfg and .dat files to match.

hope this helps

ttfn

Pete

Hey Pete,

Thanks for the guidance. Can I just delete both of the .dat files and let fs9 recreate them on startup?

Sean

Quote Originally Posted by jackryan172 View Post
    Hey Pete,

Thanks for the guidance. Can I just delete both of the .dat files and let fs9 recreate them on startup?

Sean
    TBH I've only done that when I got in serious bother with the scenery.cfg
    ( I had too many duplicate areas after moving sceneries to/from external HDD .. my bad not the sim)
    and had to rewrite it manually in notepad.

ttfn

Pete

SOH-CM-2023
    Quote Originally Posted by Motormouse View Post
    TBH I've only done that when I got in serious bother with the scenery.cfg
    ( I had too many duplicate areas after moving sceneries to/from external HDD .. my bad not the sim)
    and had to rewrite it manually in notepad.

ttfn

Pete

Well I tried the moving a scenery up or down and Im still seeing the same behavior, so Im going to save off the scenery.dat files somewhere and let it try to recreate it. Ill let you know if it fixes the problem.

Sean

Members who have read this thread: 0