FS Global Ultimate - Asia, Oceania

Thread: FS Global Ultimate - Asia, Oceania

FS Global Ultimate - Asia, Oceania

Has anybody used FS Global Ultimate - Asia, Oceania?
    Does it work with P3D V4?
    Is it worth the money?
    Is it compatible with FTX Global.

Thanks in advance.
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

Blog Entries
    I don't use it. I use Justin's Toposim. However, this thread on AVSIM might be of interest to you.

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/5...sion-released/
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Quote Originally Posted by blanston12 View Post
    Is it worth the money?

Thanks in advance.
    I have installed and it makes a huge difference, however they have just released ultimate 2018, which im upgrading to tonight all 66gb download worth

And yes it compatible FTX, if you keep you their airports you are restricted to 10ms for most of them otherwise you will get floating houses
    Last edited by jeansy; July 11th, 2017 at 21:02.

After reading I am not clear as to the difference betweem "FSGlobal Ultimate-Next Gen FTX" and "FS Global 2018 FTX."

Both sound like they should be completely compatible with Orbx and what is the Mesh size difference between them ?

I really wish ORBX would release Global Vector for V4, since I already own it, but will probably be flying into this region before its available so an alternative is in order. I have to admit toposim eastern hemisphere looks very interesting. IF FSGlobal is the basis for global vector I may just wait for global vector.

Thanks all.
    Joe Cusick

Quote Originally Posted by greenie View Post
    After reading I am not clear as to the difference betweem "FSGlobal Ultimate-Next Gen FTX" and "FS Global 2018 FTX."

Both sound like they should be completely compatible with Orbx and what is the Mesh size difference between them ?
    from my understanding,2018 range are the newer version of the ultimate NG and ftx global, (maybe just a rename and package) next gen is definitely a new version of the mesh

the normal ftx global mesh is the lower mesh res while the ultimate is the higher res mesh, which is more suited for V4

people with pre v4 suffered OOMs if they increased their mesh res too much

ultimate claims you can set it at 1m and will have 1m res (in some regions)

anyway in short, if you set ultimate at less than 10m you will definitely see the difference, if you set the normal one at less than 10 you may not see any difference at however its more detailed than stock mesh

does that make sense?

Thank you Jeansy , makes sense- I think !

Never realised people had OOMs from mesh.

I happen to own a 4yr old copy of FS Global Ultimate mesh and wondering if the difference between that and the 2018 range is worth the money ( a bit subjective, I know) . I wonder about the visual difference in the hills and mountain ranges.

Always looking for improved visuals.

Cheers
    Alan

Is it worth the money?

Thanks in advance.

Actually , I might just go ahead and install my copy into the sim and see what happens , probably tomorrow .

Thanks for starting the thread , I forgot about the mesh being so wrapped up in V4 and really enjoying the flying ( with PTA and AS16)

Thank you Jeansy , makes sense- I think !

Never realised people had OOMs from mesh.

I happen to own a 4yr old copy of FS Global Ultimate mesh and wondering if the difference between that and the 2018 range is worth the money ( a bit subjective, I know) . I wonder about the visual difference in the hills and mountain ranges.

Always looking for improved visuals.

Cheers
    Alan
    phew i re read it & i confused myself

however when i finish downloading the new ultimate I will let you know, Im hoping that im not re purchasing the same thing I already have with a new name , as I all the ultimate regions installed

btw, SE Asia comes alive with ultimate, the Philippines and volcanic region of Java is incredible compared to plain pilots global 2010

No success here in installing FSGU . Loaded up the 5 dvd's and at the very last operation of installation ( tying all the dvd's up and activating I guess ) a window popped up " executing action 64 failed" or words to that effect.

I noticed FSGU is not supported in V4 and it seems their support not the best anyway , from what I have read.

No free updates here. Can't win them all

I will give it another try

Blog Entries
    No success here in installing FSGU . Loaded up the 5 dvd's and at the very last operation of installation ( tying all the dvd's up and activating I guess ) a window popped up " executing action 64 failed" or words to that effect.

I noticed FSGU is not supported in V4 and it seems their support not the best anyway , from what I have read.

Isn't this a mesh product? If so, it is just scenery blg files. Load it in to V3 or FSX and then just point to the root folder with the scenery library in PD3 V4 or use one of the scenery cfg programs floating around. The 64 bit PD3 doesn't care where it is or if it was designed for a 32 bit program.
    John

32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive

I used 7zip to open the dvd files then copied and pasted the bgls into the folder of choice

Sorry i forgot to mention the installers dont support v4

Tonight before i install next gen i will post some screen shots of ulitmate and then some of next gen

Quote Originally Posted by jmig View Post
    Isn't this a mesh product? If so, it is just scenery blg files. Load it in to V3 or FSX and then just point to the root folder with the scenery library in PD3 V4 or use one of the scenery cfg programs floating around. The 64 bit PD3 doesn't care where it is or if it was designed for a 32 bit program.
    Thanks jmig
    I don't have FSX or V3 installed - ditched everything for v4- but I do have a fsx.exe somewhere on backup. I guess I can do a bit of trickery .

Before that though I'll wait for Jeansy's results then decide if I want to upgrade or not .

Quote Originally Posted by jmig View Post
    I did exactly the same with FreemeshX. I had it installed for v3. Then in v4 I just pointed to the same folders and it worked right away. Nothing 64bit about mesh. Btw, I'm really happy with FreemeshX and you can not beat the price.

http://ninetwopro.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Dimus View Post
    I did exactly the same with FreemeshX. I had it installed for v3. Then in v4 I just pointed to the same folders and it worked right away. Nothing 64bit about mesh. Btw, I'm really happy with FreemeshX and you can not beat the price.

http://ninetwopro.com/
    Nice price but apparently a 38m mesh . The latest FSglobal offerings seem to be somewhere between 1m and 10m, worth paying for imo .

I dont think I will be able to do both lots of shots tonight i will do the older version of Ultimate Asia/Oceanic then once installed I will do the comparison

Next gen looks like its going to take a while to install and I need to remove the older ultimate regions to make room on the HD

when i started doing some shots the funnest thing i dont see much difference in that location the Philippines , so im looking like a bit of a real dick here im going to have to go thru my install and see if I have any other installs as i was throwing everything into v4 to see work,

so im going to wipe my scenery.cfg and only add to for the purpose of the images so please bare with me

so to make things easier is there any particular region you are interested in (Airport ID would be great )

Sounds a bit tedious please dont do it on my account although I know you have to go this way.

You feel like a dick, how about me !. I just installed FSGlobal Ultimate , bought in feb 2013, into V4

At the beginning you get a choice at pointing it towards P3D or fsx . First time around I selected P3d and it failed .

I forgot and happen to have the migration tool . So second time I selected fsx and she loaded up on a different drive I picked . Right at the end I had another failure but I could see the .bgl files sitting there . So via scenery library we're home and hosed !

I am still interested to hear how you feel about Next G . Not interested in a specific area but I fly only in Orbx regions so maybe give us your thoughts after using it for a while

Cheers and thanks for your time ...Alan

so to make things easier is there any particular region you are interested in (Airport ID would be great )[/QUOTE]

On second thoughts ..
    I guess a general of European Alps or Alaska - that sort of thing but there is a little airport that I go to for training or messing about I enjoy and thats Corryong, Victoria, Oz - YCRG . Up in the high country.

I Decided to give TopoSim a try. There was one island I wanted to fly around in far eastern Russia where the coast line was very different between my V3 with FTX Global vector and V4. Toposim made the terrain look much better but did not change the coast line, and the little airport I was creating with Airport Design Editor is now down in a canyon. There is a wide flat plane between where the coast line should be and where V4 thinks it should be.
    Joe Cusick

this is from ultimate nex gen with mesh at 1m in the Austrian alps, i scan see an improvement as this is an area i fly a bit

Thanks
    Yes looks better. I am currently loading up FSGUX Europe right now . I think I will keep this in the sim for now and wait for sales

I notices Toposim are having a sale this weekend - I'll drop that in the sales thread

Cheers and again thanks for your time

I have to admit next gen looks similar in some regions and better in others however I still have the rest of the world to explore to see the overall improvement (all honestly im not sure if i could tell anyway )

Blog Entries
    I Decided to give TopoSim a try. There was one island I wanted to fly around in far eastern Russia where the coast line was very different between my V3 with FTX Global vector and V4. Toposim made the terrain look much better but did not change the coast line, and the little airport I was creating with Airport Design Editor is now down in a canyon. There is a wide flat plane between where the coast line should be and where V4 thinks it should be.
    It has been a couple days since you posted this. I am glad you went with Toposim. Justin is pretty much a one man show. He has been doing mesh for over 20 years, first as FSGenesis and now Toposim.

I was an early Galaxy member with him. I paid either $50 or $100 upfront and got free lifetime downloads. To my surprise he carried over the FSGenesis Galaxy members into Toposim. I still get free downloads. I don't know of any other company that has done that.
    John

32 GB DDR5 RAM

Just for interest. The difference between FSGUX and NextG using Jeansy's shot(T-45) and comparison shot.

Members who have read this thread: 0