Jetline HellFire GT2 FSX PC, Win 7 Pro 64, P3DV3.4.22
    ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Professional LGA 1150 Motherboard
    Intel Core i7 a770K (4.3GHz Overclocked) Quad Core
    Antec 920 Dual Stage CPU Liquid Cooler
    Nvidia 1GB GeForce GTX 1080 ti
    16GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM 1866MHz
    1TB 7200 RPM Seagate HDD+ 60GB SSD Cache
    Lifetime U.S Based Technical Support

" Don't criticize a man until you walk a mile in his shoes. And then who cares! You are a mile away and you have his shoes!!"

RIP

That is really sad news. Just goes to show the risks involved in aviation and military actions.

A 5 mile debris field and last contact at 20,000 feet points to something tragic and instant. My speculation will end there.

My sincere condolences to all those lost and affected.
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

Heard that shortly before the crash, the plane started coming apart in the air, (Moments before impact). Godspeed.

BB686
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

It was an older KC-130T from MCAS Cherry Point (about 2 hours by road from me). I saw this photo of the crash site which shows most of the aircraft intact but resting inverted. It's very troubling that this mishap occurred considering a number of factors, mainly the age of the aircraft and the fact that serious structural corrosion has been reported on many of these older KC-130T's in recent years. The last time I was at Cherry Point I went on board a T model and to my eyes, it was in fairly rough shape compared to the newer J models that were on the ramp. When I say rough shape, I've seen boneyard aircraft that appeared in better shape which makes one wonder what was going on under the skin and cowlings (I saw a lot of leak streaks on the wings and engine nacelles). I'm certain they will take appropriate action to ground the older birds and inspect them based on recovered data from this mishap. I just hate that good folks were lost on what will likely end up being reported as something that was totally preventable. Thoughts and prayers to the families of those lost. (Note: the crash site photo and the photo I took of the KC-130J here at our local field yesterday).

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    Sad news. I pray for the families in this time of loss.

Members who have read this thread: 0