How do I create a simple airport

Thread: How do I create a simple airport

How do I create a simple airport

I am looking at creating a few very simple airports for P3D or FSX. They will be water airports so they don't need any scenery at all, all I am really looking for is it to show up in the list of airports and to be able to navigate to is using the GPS. What would be the simplest way to do that?

Thanks in advance.
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

Hi,

Airport Design Editor:

http://www.scruffyduck.org/airport-d...tor/4584106799

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/for...ign-editor.95/

ADE is a very user friendly freeware program used to edit existing or create new airports. Just have a look through the manual and you will be up and running in no time.

Cheers,
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

Airport Design Editor did the trick. Hardest part was installing it, finding the paths to all the tools it needed in the P3D SDK. But defining a simple point airport without a runway, and dropping in the default USCG Cutter object to mark the spot was very simple. Thanks.

Only problem I had was it does directly support V4, and my V3 has ORBX global vector installed so the coast lines were different. I found the spot I wanted on google earth, transfered the coordinates into ADE, tested it in V3, Perfect! Loaded it in V4, my spot was now about 300 yards inland.
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

YA MAY NEED HELP..These Boys Will Get Results....LOL!

Members who have read this thread: 0