Milvis drops $5 v4 update charge

Thread: Milvis drops $5 v4 update charge

Milvis drops $5 v4 update charge

As those of you who own any Milvis aircraft that they purchased at a 3rd party vendor, they were being charged a $5.00 USD update charge for aircraft updates to P3Dv4, while Milvis customers are getting the updates free. Milvis has rethought this, and will be refunding the $5 charge.

http://milviz.com/forum/viewtopic.ph...p=67811#p67811

Thank You, Milvis.
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

I heard about this the other day. It's a welcome decision, although TBH it wasn't a big deal to me.

Now all I need is the 3rd party vendor I purchased from to actually update the file.

It would also be good if Justsim dropped their 5 Euro update fee, so that FSStore could release my already purchased LEBL Barcelona. I am no longer able to download the software I purchased fairly recently until I pay to purchase the new P3D V4 version. Pretty simple in my eyes, I won't be buying anymore Justsim scenery. I also won't be buying anything new from a couple of vendors until they get their act together with product updates, if I do at all.

I was still waiting on P3d V3 product updates when P3D V4 was released, so I'm not holding my breath.
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by scotth6 View Post
    I heard about this the other day. It's a welcome decision, although TBH it wasn't a big deal to me.

... I also won't be buying anything new from a couple of vendors until they get their act together with product updates, if I do at all.

Plus 1. I am still waiting on a promised upgrade code and a new upgrade Alabeo upgrade coupon (old one didn't work) from one such vendor. It has been well over a week. Luckily, for me, the aircraft is not one I fly much and the sceneries have other options.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Thanks, MilViz!

I totally understand there is actually work in updating a plane for a new sim, and I wouldn't have even been offended paying $5 for an update to something as awesome as their Sabre. But to see people treated differently because they bought from another web store left me with a sour taste as a customer.

There was an earlier offer that was only made to people who bought directly from MilViz's site, and that's just not a great way to do business. A customer is a customer whether they bought from your site or another store, even if you make less money from third-party sales. That's not the customer's issue/fault.

This is a great call, MilViz! I completely understand there's a lot more overhead in supporting third-party-retailer customers. But treating those customers as well as your direct customers is key to keeping them as happy customers for future purchases.

Members who have read this thread: 0