Arkansas Traveller

Thread: Arkansas Traveller

Arkansas Traveler

OK, I'm not from or in Arkansas, but I am traveling, and I did bring a small laptop, so I thought this was reasonably appropriate. Taking screenshots without any form of controller/joystick is not easy though..

Last edited by jankees; July 7th, 2017 at 02:44.
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Great shots.Love the nose art.

Anthin.

Blog Entries
    Outstanding...as usual Jankees!
    Ted
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

Excellent work, Jan Kees! I especially like the clarity and detail of the nose art (during the war, many a P-38 gained some really great nose art subject matter, as in the case of this one). Lt. James O. Fincher, 392nd Fighter Squadron, 367th Fighter Group, 9th Air Force, Clastres Airfield, France, circa October 1944.
    Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    OK, I'm not from or in Arkansas, but I am traveling, and I did bring a small laptop, so I thought this was reasonably appropriate. Taking screenshots without any form of controller/joystick is not easy though..
    The XBox 360 pads are reasonably priced and work well with FSX out of the box. Setup and usage takes some getting used to, but with a bit of practice its the best way to enjoy flight simulation while travelling.

I bought a cheap joystick in the end..

and the Traveler has arrived on OZx. Have fun!

P-38J-20-LO 44-23511 "ARKANSAS TRAVELER" from the 392nd Fighter Squadron, 367th Fighter Group, 9th Air Force, flown by James Owen Fincher, from Camden, Arkansas
    James Fincher was born December 24, 1920 in Camden, Arkansas. During World War II he flew 62 missions as the pilot of the P-38 Lighting named "ARKANSAS TRAVELER". James Fincher passed away aged 92, on October 28, 2013 at the Ouachita County Medical Center, Camden, Arkansas.
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.

Great work JanKees, I'm always fascinated by repaints where you can see the difference of the finish of the bare metal.

Huub

Oh man, fantastic paint scheme Jan!!! Off to pick her up. She should look terrific in P3D v4.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

working on a squadron mate for the Traveler, still wip mind you:

Members who have read this thread: 0