New aircraft model series from Captmercy/Dvslats released! - Page 10
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: New aircraft model series from Captmercy/Dvslats released!

C97

Get Those Transport Ratings Current C97 Coming This Weekend

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 48ED0D6A-FD86-4927-A3B2-30A5B7D36E8A.jpeg  

T-29 Captmercy Dvslats.zip

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Aircraft - American

Description: VIRTUAL BIRDS FACTORY T-29.

Converted to CFS2 by Dvslats with VC and Pop Ups by Captmercy.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit T-29 Captmercy Dvslats.zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Alpine, CA in San Diego's beautiful back country!

Great work guys. Thanks very much.

"A sandwich and a cup of coffee, and then off to violin-land, where all is sweetness and delicacy and harmony, and there are no red-headed clients to vex us with their conundrums.”

― Sherlock Holmes

MR Downloads at SOH
    MR Albums at SOH MR Web Site

A few more:

"A sandwich and a cup of coffee, and then off to violin-land, where all is sweetness and delicacy and harmony, and there are no red-headed clients to vex us with their conundrums.”

― Sherlock Holmes

MR Downloads at SOH

Icon22

In hopes of not making myself appear to be a choosy beggar, I post this last shot. It is out the front window while sitting on the ground. I was wondering if there is anyway to move the cross hairs up to the horizon line?

It isn't a game killer in anyway. Its just a bit disorienting, particularly when landing. Thanks again, guys! Well done.

MR
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails convair-cv-240-16.jpg  

― Sherlock Holmes

MR Downloads at SOH

Gun Site

Tnx for the feedback M-R
    Dvslats has an actuall fix to move the gunsite around I’m sure he’ll check in in a bit with that. I also included a noguns.zip in the package that will remove the gunsite all together but then it won’t be avialable for other combat type planes

PD

Icon22

Thanks PD,

I guess what I was really trying to say is that the horizon needs to be brought down. The cross hairs are fine- 5 by 5 right where they are supposed to be.

When I said it is disorienting its because one gets the impression of trying to land the plane with it standing on its nose- like it is getting ready to flip.

For comparison sake, the right side of the image below is taken out the front window of the stock B-24.

Hope I'm sounding ungrateful.

Cheers,
    Chris
    Last edited by MaskRider; November 18th, 2017 at 03:48.

― Sherlock Holmes

MR Downloads at SOH

Gs

Look at the “panel_view_info.jpg” located in the package that should help?

PD

Okay,

Thanks PD. That suggestion put me on the right track. Here is what that "Panel view info" deal looked like:

Didn't look much like what was in the actual CV-240 panel.cfg file.

On the left side, the following image shows what those entries in the CV-240 panel.cfg file actually look like. The value in question is hi-lighted in yellow. On the right the image shows the value I eventually settled on. The last image show the final result in the sim.

I took it for a spin and everything is jake. No more feeling that it wants to land standing on its nose. It feels and looks normal.

Cheers,
    Chris

― Sherlock Holmes

MR Downloads at SOH

Nice

Very good Chris all your landings should be nice and smooth now

PD

BTW, PD, I just noticed in my earlier post I ended by saying "Hope I'm sounding ungrateful. ". I meant to say "Hope I'm NOT sounding ungrateful. l".

Hehe. Sorry about that!

Chris

― Sherlock Holmes

MR Downloads at SOH

Got it

Understood right away as I’m am a HUGE Maskrider fan from way back. I just started adding the 2D panels to our models just recently I perfer to use only the VC myself it looks to me as you only use the 2D view without the 2D panel for landing which seems like a good idea would you miss not having the 2D instrument Panel? it seems just to mess the view up to me?

PD

Icon22

To tell you the truth one of the first things I do every time I download a new AC is to open up the panel in Panel Studio and add new window which I call aircraft-name_NavAP-window.
    It;s based upon Alain Capt's ACS/GPS utility.

I usually leave the main 2D window in place and dump all the rest of the non-VC windows. Then I add this window.

Here is what it looks like. I just find this configuration much more versatile and easy to work with/modify than those standard pre-loaded GPS modules.

But yes, whenever I start the game I always maximize the 2D cockpit window and then call up this window and lay in a flight path.

I am much more of a sight-seer than a mission or campaign simmer.

That is one of the reason I enjoy a nice VC to a 2D window any day.

I have no issues with your leaving out the 2D window. However, if what one wants is an open vista to look at minus cock-pit clutter, maximizing the regular 2D windows is only a simple click away.

Cheers,
    Chris

― Sherlock Holmes

MR Downloads at SOH

https://youtu.be/Zg4G0LOv9aE
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by captmercy; November 20th, 2017 at 03:07.

F4

New F4 Coming Up....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CD52CAFA-3A21-473B-B0DE-ED81C7D24722.jpg   7F124C3A-B01A-42C0-94BA-C5FD85CBA044.jpg  

_C123_Captmercy_Dvslats.zip

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Aircraft - American

Description: Vladimir Zhyhulskiy's Fairchild C123B Provider.

Converted to CFS2 by Dave Slaski and Peter Mercy.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit _C123_Captmercy_Dvslats.zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Peter,
    Is this an updated version to the one you already released ??

Fairchild C123 Provider
    Click Image for Larger View
    by Vladimir Zhyhulskiy, adapted by Dave Slaski (dvslats)

Includes 2d and VC panel by Peter Mercy
    a great Dp with loadouts by dvslats, drop crates or pigs
    In camo or Air America colors
    Brief history text file, new sound file
    Click here for Ramp View
    Pig Drop

Download ****
    http://www.TheFreeFlightSite.com
    "Laissez les bon temps rouler"

Nope

It has a new audio panel and different designations for the model file so dont update the origional it will mess it up..Gonna work up a new stand alone audio panel for FFS in a bit

That Camo Works Gud... How Many Planes?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails D61EA63B-2A13-4B92-B348-AAC39EF63814.jpg  

Icon22

Hi Capt Mercy. I'm lovin' the Fairchild C123B Provider.

Just a couple of oddities I noticed. And you may have already covered these somewhere else in this thread. If so then I apologize for being redundant.

First off, I am not seeing any gauges in the VC.

Second, and this is just kind of weird, when trying to load the sim with the Fairchild C123B Provider loaded, making it the 95th AC, it gives me the old "failed to initialize" database and "failed to load quick combat" messages. But as soon as I remove an AC, any AC, everything is jake. Normally my max AC number is 98.

MR

― Sherlock Holmes

MR Downloads at SOH

Icon22

Okay. Never mind about the gauges and VC. I had the panel aliased to the wrong Fairchild c123. However, I still get the error messages about failing to initialize and all that stuff under the circumstances I described earlier.

Time to take some screenies!

Last edited by MaskRider; December 2nd, 2017 at 16:22.

― Sherlock Holmes

MR Downloads at SOH

Dos mas!

MR

― Sherlock Holmes

MR Downloads at SOH

Members who have read this thread: 0