New aircraft model series from Captmercy/Dvslats released! - Page 11
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: New aircraft model series from Captmercy/Dvslats released!

Sweet!!

Sweet!! Have you tried out the audio player yet!

on the error messages I seem to remember that each repaint counts for an aircraft
    even though there is only one paint for this plane you might have a couple more somewhere else messin up your count

Alpine, CA in San Diego's beautiful back country!

Icon22

Yes, I have concluded that whatever the issue is, it has zero to do with your Fairchild C123B Provider.

Still its a bit weird.

I always break-up multi-paint-job AC into separate AC folders- one for each paint-job, so that I never have more than one AC per folder. I also always have 5 folders inside the Aircraft folder that contain no AC at all. One is for AC panels, one for AC sounds, one for Brit Pilot, one for Jap Pilot and another for Allied Pilot. I do all moving around of AC using Martin Wright's ACMan. I have around twice as many AC sitting around in "Hangars" as I keep active in the sim at any given time.

Whats weird is this: depending on something I have yet to figure out, I still keep getting those database failed to initialize error messages.

Thanks for the great Fairchild C123B Provider!

MR

PS: No I haven't tried out the audio player yet. It went right by me. But I will.
    Last edited by MaskRider; December 3rd, 2017 at 10:39.
    "A sandwich and a cup of coffee, and then off to violin-land, where all is sweetness and delicacy and harmony, and there are no red-headed clients to vex us with their conundrums.”

― Sherlock Holmes

MR Downloads at SOH
    MR Albums at SOH MR Web Site

Icon22

Quote Originally Posted by captmercy View Post
    Sweet!! Have you tried out the audio player yet!
    Just listened in. Very nice. A little tactical radio chatter to fly by. Excellent! Thanks!

BTW, No matter what I did and what AC I eliminated from the AC folder I still kept getting those messages. However, CFS2 wasn't shutting down. All I needed to do is choose another AC and everything was fine. But the first time in from a cold start I kept getting those messages. Finally figured out what the issue was. Turned out to be an issue with too many objects in my OBJECTS_DP folder. A few hours prior to downloading and installing your Fairchild, I had downloaded and installed No Dice's Viet Nam Piers pack. I tried them all out in MB and eyeballed them but never fired up the sim and did any flying with them installed. Anyhow, as soon as I uninstalled them the messages ceased. So, I went in and eliminated a bunch of miscellaneous DP files from the OBJECTS_DP folder, ones I am sure I have never used for anything, and then reinstalled No Dice's VN Piers and everything is jake. Funny how those five little DP files drove me over the magic number right at the exact time I installed you Fairchild. I currently have 1456 DP files in my OBJECTS_DP folder. So my magic number must be right around 1460 or so.

Cheers,
    MR
    "A sandwich and a cup of coffee, and then off to violin-land, where all is sweetness and delicacy and harmony, and there are no red-headed clients to vex us with their conundrums.”

― Sherlock Holmes

MR Downloads at SOH

Whew!

Ok was getting a little worried there at the start thanks for pointing out that everything is ok with the plane it’s important to me to make sure it’s good to go

PD

Icon22

Naah. No issues at all with the Fairchild. Sorry for worrying you. I understand how it is.

MR

― Sherlock Holmes

MR Downloads at SOH

Air America DC4

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 91587BED-A79A-438D-96B5-5D7701E66DFB.jpg   B81EF527-DA8C-41CE-A22D-4190F8A24C74.jpg   E8831330-3A43-41F6-A7A1-3F08CA2A98A1.jpg  

C123 looks great, Thank You.

Quote Originally Posted by captmercy View Post
    Get Those Transport Ratings Current C97 Coming This Weekend
    Hey CM!

I was waiting around for you to post this bird. Then yesterday while grubbing around the CFS2 files over at Simviation, there it was! Released without any fanfare back on Nov 29th!

Of course you realize what that means don't you? Yes, I am afraid so....

― Sherlock Holmes

MR Downloads at SOH

Icon22

Y dos Mas!

Thanks a lot. She's a beautiful bird.

MR

― Sherlock Holmes

MR Downloads at SOH

Sweet!

Awesome Screenies!!!

Air America DC4 Captmercy Dvslats.zip

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Aircraft - American

Description: JBK DC-4 Air America 1968 by Frank Gonzalez converted to CFS2 by Dvslats I updated VC and Pop Up Panels.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Air America DC4 Captmercy.zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.
    Last edited by captmercy; December 8th, 2017 at 12:23.

She's beautiful CM. Thanks! The Viet Nam project is generating lots of nice spin-offs!

A couple of screenies seemed in order. The USMC version operating out of Johnston Atoll circa late 1940s or so...

― Sherlock Holmes

MR Downloads at SOH

Y cuatro mas...

― Sherlock Holmes

MR Downloads at SOH

Just thought I might add, that anyone downloading these great planes from the SOH but plan on using them in missions for the
    Vietnam war project....which is designed to be a stand alone install, may have to change the dp files allegiance section to a 1 or 2,
    3 = NVA in the Project....

http://thefreeflightsite.com/Vietnam_Projects.htm
    http://www.TheFreeFlightSite.com
    "Laissez les bon temps rouler"

C-36_Captmercy_Dvslats.zip

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Aircraft - American

Description: FS-Design Berlin Lockheed L-10A/C-36.

Converted to CFS2 by Dave Slaski and Peter Mercy.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit C-36_Captmercy_Dvslats.zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Thank you Peter and Dave. Very nice early Xmas present.

BTW, I was watching the old 1959 (?) movie "Up Periscope" last night and noticed this aircraft in the scene when James Gardner's character is flying from San Diego to Hawaii.

Screen shots from the movie.

Look familiar?

Cheers and thanks again!
    MR
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails c-54-dc-4-02.jpg   c-54-dc-4-00.jpg  

― Sherlock Holmes

MR Downloads at SOH

“t-bone”

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 539D5456-C872-4645-97F7-B97B99F990C2.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by MaskRider View Post
    A couple of screenies seemed in order. The USMC version operating out of Johnston Atoll circa late 1940s or so...
    That's a sweet looking USMC paint Chris. Happen to recall which site it can be D/L at?

Icon22

Quote Originally Posted by dvslats View Post
    That's a sweet looking USMC paint Chris. Happen to recall which site it can be D/L at?
    AA_DC4_Captmercy.zip

D/L from here:

MR

― Sherlock Holmes

MR Downloads at SOH

Capt mercy.....

side question here. What runway texs do you use to get the Taxi lines to show? Been trying for awhile and can't seem to get it right.

Textures

Quote Originally Posted by Fibber View Post
    side question here. What runway texs do you use to get the Taxi lines to show? Been trying for awhile and can't seem to get it right.
    Not sure not my scenery try messing around with your display settings a bit

PD

Quote Originally Posted by MaskRider View Post
    AA_DC4_Captmercy.zip

D/L from here:

MR
    Doh! I had the parts and pieces but never D/L the final package.

Thanks Chris

Lightbulb

Lookie what I found in Milton's library.

I wonder what could be done with this?

Icon22

Quote Originally Posted by dvslats View Post
    Lookie what I found in Milton's library.
    ... I wonder what could be done with this?
    Got a front view of that AC?

MR

― Sherlock Holmes

MR Downloads at SOH

MR...

..looks like the olde "Willie Fudd" COD

Members who have read this thread: 1