Stonehenge Air Museum , Fortine , Montana

Thread: Stonehenge Air Museum , Fortine , Montana

Stonehenge Air Museum , Fortine , Montana

My "local" air museum. Went for a visit last Friday , had a private tour. Did not get pics of all the aircraft. Featuring the only flying Vickers - Supermarine Seafire in the world. Corsair, Cessna A-37 Dragonfly , Douglas C-47 and A Canadian licence built F-5. Impressive collection in a very unique mountain setting with a private runway and golf course.

Website here : http://stonehengeairmuseum.org/

Mike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SH1.jpg   sh2.jpg   sh3.jpg   sh4.jpg   sh5.jpg   sh6.jpg  

That's the only Mk.47 Seafire still airworthy Mike, and a magnificent aircraft too with contraprops on the Griffon motor. There are other Seafires flying in the UK and displaying at airshows, including the Merlin-engined LF.III I saw at Duxford two summers ago.

Thanks for the link!
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Thank you for the clarification Tom. Cheers ! Mike

Thanks Mike. I may have to set up an appointment and run down (4.5 hrs).
    Some of the other aircraft are interesting too.
    Interesting as we had looked at property around eureka a couple of years ago.

Rob

"To some the sky is the limit. To others it is home" anon.
    “Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” -Albert Einstein

Members who have read this thread: 0